EIGHT.

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

Hakyung stood up to leave after a while and Kyung wouldn’t let her. He clung onto her legs and looked up at her with those wide, innocent eyes. “Noona, don’t leave.” He said and cried. “I’ll be back, I promise. The next time I’m here, I’ll bring you to my place to have a stay over, okay?” She whispered the last part to Kyung.

Kyung nodded and Hakyung squatted down to wipe his tears away. “Stop crying. Big boys don’t cry.” She said and he laughed. “Bye kids! I’ll be back soon, I promise okay?” She said and bade goodbye. “Bye, halmeoni. Take care of yourself while I’m gone okay?” Hakyung said and hugged the old lady before leaving.

 

She got back to the empty home and couldn’t help but feel lonely. How would it be like to have parents? A father who teaches her mathematics and a mother who cooks her, her favourite food. She never did have the chance to feel this homely atmosphere.

That’s the sole reason why she took great care of Kyung. He was just like her, abandoned when they were just babies and grew up alone.

Hakyung stopped thinking about those matters and pulled out her books. “I’ll do math, before doing physics…” She muttered to herself and her tummy growled. “But first, I’m going to cook myself dinner.” She said and jumped to her feet.

 

For the next few days, it became a routine. Hakyung would wake up, go to school, and then go back home to study. Hakyung would study till 10pm before going to bed. She would of course get distracted every now and then with her television and her mobile, but she would get back to her work after having that small break.

 

It had been a month of preparation and the exam was going to be held the next week. Hakyung was in class when she felt giddy. She rested her face in her palms as she took deep breaths. A headache gradually arises and she groaned.

Jaeyoung was next to her and turned her head when Hakyung groaned. “Are you alright?” She asked and Hakyung nodded. “Yeah, just a minor headache.” She said. “Do you have any Panadol?” Hakyung asked and Jaeyoung nodded, fumbling through her bag. “I told you so. Continuous studying doesn’t do you good.”

 

Chanyeol watched as Jaeyoung handed something to Hakyung, and the girl popped that pill into before gulping the pill down with a mouthful of water. He then nudged the guy next to him and said, “Sehun-ah, it seems that your lover girl is not feeling too good.”

Sehun glanced over to Hakyung and then eyed Chanyeol. “She seems fine to me. And, she’s not my lover girl.” He said coldly and returned to his mobile.

 

“Okay guys, your exams are next week, so I’m opening consultation classes. Every day after school, till 9pm.” The teachers that were in charge of each of their subjects said. Hakyung’s eyes twinkled at the thought of clearing all the doubts she had in that few days.

Jaeyoung seemed to realise what Hakyung was thinking and eyed her. “Hakyung. No. You are only allowed to stay for two days. Not all 5 of them.” Jaeyoung said and Hakyung groaned. “But I hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter