THIRTEEN.

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

“What do you want to talk to me about?” Jongin said coldly when the both of them reached the rooftop. Jaeyoung walked up to the half-wall on the rooftop and looked over the edge. “If you are not going to say anything, I’m going to leave.”

Jaeyoung sighed and turned around, facing Jongin. She opened to say something but the male cut her off. “Is this about Hakyung and the baby?” He asked and Jaeyoung’s jaw dropped.

"How did you know? Did he tell you?" Jaeyoung asked and Jongin nodded. She took a few steps forward, towards Jongin. "Is he going to take responsibility?" Jongin bit his lower lip and shook his head.

Jaeyoung combed her fingers through her hair, took a deep breath and brought her hair over her right shoulder. "Well, he needs to. Hakyung is all alone. She needs Sehun to help her with the baby." Jaeyoung said.

Jongin rolled his eyes and asked, "Is the baby even Hun's?" He believed the kid in Hakyung was Sehun's but he just wanted to make sure. He didn't want Sehun to give up on trusting others again.

"Of course it's his! Kyung isn't like those ty girls!" Jaeyoung exclaimed, angered that Jongin had doubted Hakyung. Jongin smirked and said, "Chill there, little pepper. I will make him take responsibility."

Jaeyoung's ears perked up and she looked at Jongin. "How? Do you have a plan?" She asked. He gave her that playful smirk and walked towards her. "Hey, what are you doing?" She said, her voice coming out as a mere whisper.

Jaeyoung backed up until her back hit the wall. Jongin then braced himself against the wall, caging Jaeyoung between himself and the wall. She squeezed her eyes shut and Jongin smirked. "You bet," he leaned close to her ear and whispered.

Jaeyoung froze for a moment before pushing Jongin away. "What plan?" She asked. Jongin leaned closer to her and whispered in her ear, his awesome plan. He pulled away and Jaeyoung eyed him. "Are you sure this will work?" She asked and he bit his lip again. "Stop biting your lip, your seduction efforts doesn't work on me." Jaeyoung said.

Jongin chuckled. "Are you sure this will work?" Jaeyoung asked again and Jongin looked back into her eyes intensely. "Definitely," he said. "I'm in on this plan," he said and looked at the girl.

"How 'bout chu?" He asked and backed Jaeyoung against the wall again. She shoved him away from her and said, "Of course! In serious matters, don't come up to me. Stand back like a girl and let’s shake on it."

She held out her hand and just when Jongin was going to shake it, she pulled her hand away, blowing on her nails. "Alright, let's start on this flawless plan you think you have." She said, pulling out her mobile.

Jongin smirked at the nerves of this woman to talk to him like that. "Fine," he said and snatched the girl's mobile away from her. "Hey! Give it back!" She yelled but Jongin turned his back on her."

Shut your trap woman," he said. "Hey! Give it!" Jaeyoung said again. Jongin stopped moving and turned to face the girl. "I'm warning you, little pepper. Speak anymore and I'll kiss you." He said and that shut the girl up.

He keyed something onto Jaeyoung's mobile and saved it before handing it back to her. "What did you do with it?" She asked, holding her phone closely and protectively to her chest. "You sure are dense for a pepper." Jongin mocked and Jaeyoung glared at him. "I just saved my number on your cell. Just call me," Jongin said and walked away. "Jerk," Jaeyoung muttered.

Before he left through the door, Jongin turned back and shocked Jaeyoung. "Just a reminder, I don't usually leave my number to a girl first." He smirked. "So count yourself lucky," he said smugly and left.

"God, what have I gotten myself into...?” Jaeyoung looked up at the sky and asked. She looked at her mobile again and muttered, "This jerk's plan better work.”

 

Sehun was in class when he saw Jongin strolling in, with Jaeyoung coming in a few seconds later. He cocked his head in confusion until his best friend came beside him. "Did something happen? Between the both of you?" Sehun asked and Jongin tilted his head, looking at Jaeyoung's direction. She caught him looking and rolled her eyes at him.

"I guess she just naturally hates me," he said and shrugged his shoulders. Sehun glanced at Jaeyoung again. "Well, you are hateful," Sehun said and Jongin punched his arm. "Sometimes," he said and smiled, rubbing the area Jongin had punched.

 

After school that day, Jaeyoung headed to Hakyung’s place with bags of groceries. Fruits, vegetables, and all other healthy foods. Jaeyoung fished for her spare set of keys to Hakyung’s place and entered the apartment. “Kyung! I’m here!” She announced loudly.

She frowned when there was no reply from the girl. “Kyung?” She called out and there was no response. “Best?” She called out again as she headed up to Hakyung’s room. “In here!” Hakyung shouted from the washroom, her voice slightly muffled.

“I’ve brought some groceries over, I’ll make you some lunch later on.” Jaeyoung said and sat down on the bed. Hakyung slid the toilet door open and was wiping her hair dry with her towel. “No need, Jae. I’m heading to the orphanage later,” Hakyung said and went back into the toilet to hang up her towel.

“Do you need m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter