TWENTY SIX.

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26

The couple arrived at the hospital and Hakyung went ahead with Sehun. She was ushered to the counter and the lady behind the reception asked for her name. Sehun slid his arm around her waist as they made their way to the consultation room.

“Hello, please take a seat.” The young male doctor said and the couple sat down.

“Okay, Ms Lee, I need you to lie down on the bed here.” He said and Sehun eyed the doctor.

He’s too young to be a doctor. And a gynae at that?

“I need you to lift your shirt up to the bottom of your bra.” The doctor said and Hakyung was about to do it when Sehun shot up from his seat.

He went over to Hakyung’s side and stopped her from lifting her shirt. He growled inwardly when he saw the doctor smiling. Sehun lifted her shirt to where he wanted and glanced at the doctor.

“Is this okay?” Sehun asked and the doctor eyed the shirt that was lifted halfway up her belly. “It’s fine.” He said and gave Hakyung a smile.

She smiled back and hit Sehun on his arm. “What’s the matter with you?” She whispered. “I don’t like other men seeing your body okay?”

“Come on, he’s a doctor. He has seen more perfect bodies, why would he look at mine?” She argued.

“Don’t say that. Your body is perfect okay?” Sehun said.

 

The doctor grinned at Sehun’s words and he picked up the gel bottle.

“Okay, I’m going to spread the gel on your lower belly. It might be a little cold okay?”

With a nod from Hakyung, the doctor squeezed some gel on her tummy. She felt a little tingle at the cold contact and she grabbed onto Sehun’s arm nervously.

“Okay, let’s see what we have here.” The doctor smiled and drew the machine’s scanner over the gel, spreading it over the area of her womb.

Sehun looked at Hakyung as she smiled stiffly at him. She didn’t know what to expect, since this was her first check-up.

 

A steady but fast-paced heartbeat began to echo around them and the parents-to-be froze. They looked at each other before looking at the doctor together.

“That,” the doctor pointed out. “Is the heartbeat of your baby.”

Hakyung’s breath got caught in and she covered . A small smile crept up Sehun’s face and he patted Hakyung’s hand, which was on his arm.

“That’s Peanut.” Hakyung whispered and Sehun looked at her. “Yeah, it’s him.”

Hakyung let out a shaky breath and tears lined her eyes. She blinked and they escaped her beautiful eyes. Sehun turned to her and wiped her tears away from his thumbs. “Silly girl, why are you crying?” He asked.

“No… It’s just that, Peanut… He…” Hakyung stammered and let out another sob.

The young male doctor chuckled and Sehun turned to him. “So how is the baby?”

“He is a healthy 7 weeks old baby.”

 

For the next 15 minutes or so, the doctor told the new parents about their baby. Every time the doctor pointed at the screen, Sehun would hold onto her hand, caressing his thumb over the back of her hand.

After the doctor was done, Sehun turned to look at Hakyung, to find her crying again. “Come on, why are you tearing again?” Sehun asked, with amusement in his voice.

“I just… I’m so happy…” Hakyung cried and Sehun pressed his forehead against hers. He then helped her wipe the gel away before helping her sit up.

“Stop crying, you idiot.” Sehun laughed and Hakyung slapped his hand away. “I’m just so happy that Peanut’s here.”

The doctor then brought a file to their attention. “Here is the ultra-scan picture of your baby earlier. Keep it well, and remember to take care of your nutrition and food diet. The lady at the counter will hand you a booklet on nutrition and I’ll see you next month or so.”

Hakyung pulled her shirt down and Sehun helped her to her feet. “Thank you doctor.” The girl said and the doctor winked at her.

“Anything for a mother as pretty as you are.” The doctor teased and Sehun stepped out protectively in front of her and shook the doctor’s hands.

“Thank you, Dr Lim. I’ll bring my wife with me now.” He gritted his teeth and pulled Hakyung out of the room with her belongings.

The doctor could only shake his head and sigh in amusement.

 

“Come on, he’s just a doctor trying to be friendly. Sehun?” Hakyung called out and he stopped. “I just don’t like it okay?” Sehun stated bluntly and turned around to look at her.

“Arraso, arraso.” Hakyung cooed and caressed his cheek. “I’m hungry.” She blurted.

Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter