THIRTY-EIGHT

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 38

“What’s going on?” Sehun asked the moment he stepped in.

“Who is this?”

“He’s my son.” Tiffany said.

“Your mother stole something from us.”

“And you are going to keep her here, like this? Do you really think that she would steal a tie?” Sehun asked them. “With two guards standing like this?”

“Pay for the tie or I’ll call the police over.” The man in the black uniform threatened.

Hakyung ran forward and hugged Sehun’s arm. He glanced at her and then at his mother. He glared at the security and smirked.

“Call the police then, let’s see fair justice in action.”

That was how Hakyung, Sehun and Tiffany were in the nearest police station, the police officer recording their statements.

“A man knocked into us and dumped the tie into my bag, I swear it’s the truth!” Tiffany exclaimed.

“Do you remember how he looks like?” The officer asked.

“No, it happened too fast.”

“It’s true! It’s true!” Hakyung chimed in.

Suddenly, another officer pushed a man into the room.

“Why did you run away the moment you saw us?” The officer pointed his baton at the man as he stumbled against the table.

Tiffany rose her head and her eyes widened when she saw the male.

“That’s him! He’s the one!”

Hakyung looked at the direction she was pointing at and nodded her head. She looked at Sehun and pointed at the man.

“Oppa, that’s him~”

The man immediately got protective.

“What are you talking about?” The man grunted. “I want my lawyer.”

 

Sehun stomped out of the police station the moment everything ended. Hakyung held onto Tiffany as they walked out. The younger lady nudged the older woman to go up to Sehun.

“Sehun-ah.” She called.

“Don’t call me that.” He snapped and spun around. “You are so irresponsible! How can you be so careless? When people talk about how good their mothers were, I don’t know of a single good point about you! Why do you always create trouble for me? Why don’t you just stay abroad and don’t come back?”

“Yah, Sehun.” Hakyung’s voice was shaky with a warning tone.

He ignored her and continued to glare at his mother.

“Stop this.” She placed her hand on his chest.

“Why should I? Other mothers stay at home, cook and wait for their children to come back, but you? Why can’t you be like a regular person? Then things like this wouldn’t happen!”

“Sehun…” Hakyung pleaded. “Stop,” her hand flew to her hip.

“Are you saying that this is my fault?” Tiffany asked in disbelief. “I never wanted this to happen! Coincidences happen right? If you don’t believe me, you can leave!”

 

Sehun wanted to go but Hakyung held him back.

“Wait stop. Listen to me. Other than your bitter memories, there’s something you need to thank your mother for.” Hakyung started.

Sehun gave her a look but he felt his gaze soften.

“When you had a fever when you were younger, she stayed up all night to take care of you. She messed up a step and got kicked out of the dance troupe she worked so hard for. To provide for you, she worked as a dish washer. Don’t you remember all of these things?”

He glanced at Tiffany, who was looking off into the other side, silently wiping her tears away.

“How did she get all those calluses on her hands? They’re all from washing all those dishes during the time she was fired from the troupe! She did what she could for you, the least you should do is be concerned for her and to understand her.”

“But why can’t she try and understand me first? Huh?” Sehun exclaimed. “What I wanted was really simple.”

Sehun looked pointedly at Tiffany.

“All I want is a mother that cares for me, a mother that can be by my side! What did I get in the end? She wants me to run around all day, fixing all the problems she created. Is she really fit to be my mother?!”

Glaring at her, he uttered, “Even if she is, I don’t want her to be.”

That broke Hakyung’s patience.

“Nobody can choose their own parents!” She yelled.

“Fine! I’m picking mine, just watch!”

“Oh Sehun!”

Sehun his heels and took a step forward, away from them. Hakyung wanted to chase after him but someone grabbed her wrist and turned her around, before a palm landed squarely on her cheek.

“What do you think you are doing?”

He paused when he heard the slap and spun around. He stared at his wife and seething mother in shock.

“Who do you think you are? What rights to you have to talk to my son like that?! Everything he said was right, he doesn’t need to clean up the mess I’ve created. Let him leave.”

Hakyung let out a soft cry and looked directly into Tiffany’s eyes.

“It’s because,” Hakyung started with a shaky voice. “I couldn’t stop my mom from leaving me.”

Tiffany’s eyes softened when she heard what Hakyung had said. Sehun felt his heart skip a beat at her words.

“Even though I don’t know who she is, I still miss her. If she were to stand before me right now, and be just like you, in this situation, so afraid and helpless, I’ll definitely protect her from being bullied by anyone.”

Hakyung then turned back to Sehun and looked at him with teary eyes.

“Just because I don’t have choice, I don’t even have someone to call my mom. All I ever wanted is to know where she is now, whether she’s well, whether she remembers me… I don’t even have the rights to such a simple request.”

Hakyung blinked and tears fell out of her eyes.

“Compared to me, you have too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter