TWENTY ONE.

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

“Why are you out so late?” Jackson asked. He had got out of his car and stood in front of Hakyung. She shrugged and hugged herself due to the cold. Jackson noticed her and shrugged off his jacket.

“Here,” he said and hung the coat over her shoulders. Hakyung smiled and he noticed her knapsack. “Are you going somewhere?” He asked and Hakyung eyed him. He motioned his head at her bag. “Oh, that.” She uttered and Jackson chuckled.

“Yeah, that.” He said and Hakyung shook her head. “It’s nothing. I’m just going back home.” She said and Jackson looked at his car. “I’ll give you a lift.” He said and walked towards the vehicle.

Hakyung stayed put.

Jackson turned and saw the girl staying put. He leaned against his car, with his arm propped up against the roof of the vehicle. He smirked at her and then gave her a toothy grin.

“Would you rather stay here in the cold, or hop into the car with the man who saved you?” He asked.

The girl chortled and headed towards his car. Jackson opened the car door like the gentleman he was and Hakyung got in. “Where to?” He asked when he entered the car.

“Haven Orphanage.”

 

Jackson pulled over outside the orphanage and he felt his heart wrenched at the sight of the rundown place. “Why are you here?” He asked and Hakyung shot him a smile. “This is where I grew up,” she said simply and got out of the car. Jackson got out of the car and furrowed his brows.

“Where you grew up?” He repeated and followed Hakyung towards the building. “Yeah,” she nodded and pushed the door open. “Halmeoni! Kyung-ah!” She called out and the little boy came rocketing towards the girl. “Noona’s back!” He yelled and Halmeoni came towards them.

“Glad you’re back. Kyung kept jumping about, he’s really excited.” Halmeoni said and Hakyung nodded. She chuckled and carried Kyung up. “You’re excited huh? To stay with me?” She asked and Kyung nodded, hugging the girl tightly.

 

Jackson stood behind Hakyung, smiling when he saw how Hakyung was acting. “And who might that be?” Halmeoni asked when she noticed the guy standing behind Hakyung.

Hakyung was stunned for a moment and turned to face Jackson. “Oh, this is Jackson, Halmeoni.” She introduced and Jackson stepped forward.

“Annyeong haseyo, Jackson imnida.” He greeted and bowed 90 degrees. Halmeoni smiled and patted his back. “Are you Hakyung’s boyfriend?” She asked and Jackson widened his eyes. Hakyung coughed and said, “No, no. Halmeoni. He’s a friend.”

Jackson laughed.

“Hello, Halmeoni. I’m just a friend.” He reassured and Kyung reached out and poked Jackson’s cheek.

Hakyung gave Kyung a look and said, “Kyung. That’s rude.” Kyung lowered his head. Jackson held Kyung’s hand and caressed the back of his small hand with his thumb. “Sorry,” he mumbled and Hakyung kissed the side of his head.

“Call hyung.” She egged him and Kyung looked at Jackson shyly. “Jackson hyung.” He called and Jackson grinned. “Hey, little man.” He said and Kyung smiled. Hakyung felt Kyung squirming in her hold and she looked at him.

“You want Jackson to carry you?” She asked and Kyung nodded. “Jackson?” Hakyung looked at Jackson and he nodded with a smile. “Come here, little man.” He spread his arms and got Kyung from Hakyung.

“Where’s your bag?” Hakyung asked the little boy and Halmeoni handed her the bag. “Let’s go,” she told Kyung and faced Halmeoni.

“I’ll be back soon, okay? Call me if anything happens, Halmeoni.” Hakyung said and the old lady nodded. “I know, now go.” She said. Hakyung nodded and Jackson bade her goodbye.

 

“So, you lived in an orphanage?” Jackson asked. Hakyung was next to him, with Kyung on her laps. He rested his head on her chest as he slept. Hakyung patted his legs continuously and she nodded.

“Yeah, I was left at that orphanage when I was just a day old. My mom left me and Halmeoni took me in.” Hakyung said and yawned. Jackson nodded and saw that she was tired. “Sleep, I’ll wake you up when I reach your place.” He said and Hakyung nodded.

Soon, she drifted off to sleep.

 

Sehun had just seen Sora out and he was now on the sofa, watching a movie. He had landed under the bed covers with Sora, because of a moment’s pleasure. He glanced at the clock and saw that it was already 11pm at night, and yet Hakyung wasn’t home yet.

He picked up his phone and dialled for her number but it was always redirected to the voicemail. “Where the hell is this woman?” He muttered and threw his phone on the sofa. He grabbed his car keys and headed out of the house to look for Hakyung.

He drove straight to her house, the address he had gotten memorised after Jongin told him about the incident that had happened with Hakyung.

 

Sehun had just pulled to a stop when he saw a car he had never seen before parked outside Hakyung’s house. He furrowed his brows and he stepped out of his car. He was just about to walk to the door when he saw the door open.

He felt his heard squeeze a little when he saw Jackson stepping out of Hakyung’s place. She was standing at the open door with Jackson back facing him. He saw them hug and Jackson headed towards the Camaro.

After Jackson drove away, Sehun felt his chest constrict with a feeling that he has never felt before. He saw that smile Hakyung had on her face before she shut the door. Sehun clenched his hands into tight fists as he got into his car.

All women are the same. They make you care and then drop you like you’re nothing.

Sehun thought and sped off.

 

Hakyung brought Kyung up to her room and brought him to the bathroom. “Do you want me to bathe for you, or do you want to do it yourself?” Hakyung asked and Kyung looked up at her. “Kyung wants to do it himself.” He said and took off his clothes.

Hakyung laughed and nodded. “I go cook something for you okay? Be careful.” Hakyung said and Kyung nodded.

 

Hakyung headed downstairs and opened her fridge. She saw a sole piece of chicken and decided to cook some porridge. “I have to go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter