THIRTY-ONE

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31

“Well, well, if it isn’t Hakyung.” Sora came sauntering over with her minions. Hakyung looked up from her food and gave Sora a bored look. “What is it this time?” She muttered under her breath.

“I’m just here for a friendly chat, are you declining me of that?” Sora asked and Hakyung rolled her eyes. She got up from the table and looked at Sora straight in her eyes.

“I have no time for you.” She said and headed towards the cafeteria auntie, to get her fruit. Sora watched as Hakyung walked away and eyed her minion.

The girl behind Sora nodded quickly and she emptied that small pink sachet of powder into Hakyung’s drink.

 

Hakyung was about to walk back when she saw Sora and her minions walking towards her. She wanted to ignore them but Sora stopped in front of her.

“I’m sorry, I have to go. I’ll save this chat for another time.” Sora said and left the cafeteria.

Hakyung shook her head at Sora’s eccentric actions and sat back down at her table. She picked up her fork and poked it in her salad. She looked up and saw Jaeyoung rushing over.

“Here!” She called out and waved for her best friend to come over. Jaeyoung waved back and Hakyung held up her cup of tea and drank from it.

Sora watched as Hakyung finished the drink, with a confused look on her face and she smirked to herself.

Let’s just see if that baby inside you can survive this.

 

“I’m sorry for being late! I was-” Jaeyoung panted as she sat down.

“Was with Mr Jung, I know.” Hakyung said with a chuckle and pushed her covered plate of pasta towards her best friend. “Eat up, I saved it for you.”

Jaeyoung eyed Hakyung suspiciously and pushed the plate back to her. “Did you eat?” She asked.

Hakyung nodded. “I did!” She exclaimed and pointed at her salad bowl.

“Salad? Are you serious? You are-” Jaeyoung said and Hakyung clapped her hand over .

“Not so loud!” She shushed and the older girl smiled sheepishly. “You are eating for two now,” Jaeyoung whispered.

“I don’t have any appetite. I’ll go grab something to eat later. Eat up before the bell rings.” Hakyung instructed and Jaeyoung dug in.

 

Jaeyoung was talking about how irresponsible of the class captain was when collecting the worksheets when Hakyung felt a strange sensation on her tummy.

Her hand reached over and rubbed her tummy secretly a few times. She swallowed and blinked as the pain slowly subsided.

Hakyung shook her head and patted her still-flat stomach.

Are you alright in there, Peanut?

 

The bell rang and Jaeyoung quickly finished her food. She got up and threw away her food casing. She ran up to her best friend when she saw Hakyung covered .

Something bubbled in her stomach and it tried to force its way up . “Are you okay?” Jaeyoung asked and Hakyung patted her chest. “Yeah… Must be Peanut.”

Jaeyoung chuckled and eyed Hakyung’s stomach. “Ya, stop bullying your mother okay?” She whispered and Hakyung laughed.

 

“Please open your textbooks to page 68 and we’ll begin on a new topic.” Mr Kim said as he led the class.

Hakyung reached for her book under the table and felt uncomfortable all of a sudden. There was this really sharp pain at her side and her hand instinctively reached over to that area.

She bit her lip and the pain slowly subsided. She opened up her textbook and was ready to pay attention in class when she felt her stomach began to churn painfully.

It wasn’t her stomach that was in pain.

It was somewhere lower but she couldn’t fathom which area was aching.

Hakyung took in a deep breath as she thought that this was a tummy ache. She contemplated between enduring the pain and going to the bathroom. Before she could choose between her choices, another sharp pain shot through her.

She winced and Jaeyoung shot her head towards her friend. She saw Hakyung trying to endure pain and she got worried. “Are you sure you are okay, Kyung?” She asked.

Hakyung managed to nod at Jaeyoung and she waved her hand at her. “I’m fine.” She whispered. But that was a blatant lie.

She was not fine.

Cold sweat began to form on her forehead as the churning in her stomach got worse.

She could feel herself tremble as she fought with the pain.

“Ah-” She accidentally cried out in silence and figured that she needed to get out of the class.

Steadying herself, she took a deep breath and rose her hand. She requested for permission to leave the classroom and slowly stood up from her seat.

Jaeyoung’s eyes followed her friend and her forehead creased.

She could tell something was wrong but Hakyung wasn’t telling her anything.

Hakyung staggered out of class using the back door and once she made it outside, her hand flew to her hip and she fisted the cloth at that area.

She bit her lip until she could taste blood but the pain was not going down.

In fact, it was getting worse.

She leaned against the wall in between the two classes and placed both her hands on her hips.

 

The moment she left the classroom, Hakyung pressed her palm on the wall as she tried to walk forward. She bit her lip when she felt her tummy in terrible pain, like her insides were being ripped into pieces.

Using the wall as her support, she trudged forward but only to have her stumble and she leaned against the wall on her side, resting the side of her head on the wall.

Her palm slid down the wall slowly, reaching to her stomach, taking in sharp breaths.

 

Jaeyoung got out of her seat and followed Hakyung out of the class. She panicked when she saw Hakyung leaning against the wall, pale in the face and lips.

“Ky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter