FORTY

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 40

Sehun stubbornly kept quietly when asked questions about his relationship with Hakyung. He knew that the girl didn’t like it when he told people about them without telling her first. Jongin watched his best friend from the corner of his eyes.

He smirked when he saw how Sehun stole glances at his wife, his mind tuning out from the questions firing at him. Jongin felt his mobile vibrate and saw that he had gotten a text message. He grinned at the sender’s name and her message.

“What are you grinning at?” D.O asked and Jongin quickly kept his mobile.

“Nothing.”

D.O look at him with accusing eyes before going over to Baekhyun to stop his cough.

 

Hakyung glanced at Sehun and he gave her an assuring nod. She heaved a sigh of relief and gasped when she saw Sora staring at her from outside the class. Sehun heard her gasp and jumped out of his seat. He ran over to her and knelt down next to her.

“What’s wrong?” He placed his hand on her thigh and watched her expressions.

She looked around and pushed his hands away when she saw everyone looking at their direction. Sehun noticed her eyes darting around and grabbed her hands.

“Don’t worry, no one is going to do anything to you.” He assured her. “But what happened earlier?”

“Nothing… I thought I saw something.” She brushed his question off and he reached out to caress her face.

“Is being pregnant making you paranoid?” He teased and she just smiled at him. “Go back to your seat, the teacher’s coming.”

Sehun reluctantly got up and went over to his seat.

 

During class, Hakyung felt her tummy growl softly in hunger. Her hand flew to her tummy and rubbed circles on her bump. She swallowed and slowly got up, to get out of the room. Sehun watched her as she got up.

“Where are you going, young lady?” The old teacher asked.

“To the washroom.”

The teacher nodded and motioned for her to leave the room. Hakyung glanced at Sehun and saw him ready to get up. She shook her head secretly at him and mouthed to him that she would be fine alone.

Sehun reluctantly sat back down and pouted. His hyungs eyed him and chuckled to themselves.

 

Hakyung was munching on a small sandwich as she walked out of the cafeteria. She was just finishing her food when Sora stopped in front of her. She threw her wrapper into the bin and tried to side step the ex-girlfriend.

But she blocked Hakyung again. She let out a huff of air and gave Sora a bored look.

“The entire corridor is empty, do you really have to stand in front of me?” Hakyung asked.

Sora scoffed.

“Do you think that just because Sehun’s the father of your baby, you can act all cocky on me now?” She folded her arms. “Don’t forget, Sehun was mine.”

“He was yours. Now he’s mine.” Hakyung smirked.

“Why you-!” Sora exclaimed and rose her palm, sending it right down onto Hakyung’s cheek.

Immediately, Hakyung held her cheek and glared at Sora.

“What do you think you are doing?!”

Sora ruffled her hair and shot daggers at Hakyung.

“How much do I have to pay you to stay away from Sehun?!"

Hakyung dropped her hand from her cheek.

“What-”

"Is a thousand enough?!" She gritted her teeth and threw the money at Hakyung's face. She looked away as the money made contact with her cheek. Hakyung’s jaw fell open slightly in shock as the money fluttered down around her.

Everything suddenly became slow motioned. The money hit her face painfully, it was nothing she had ever felt before.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter