FORTY-SIX

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 46

The competition between GOT7 and EXO-K was drawing near and Sehun had been practicing till late hours in school, just to get his moves and skills right. He wanted to stay home and accompany his heavily pregnant wife, but he had to win the competition.

There was a scout from the national basketball team coming over to pick a player to join the national team and everyone was hoping Sehun would get the cut.

 

Sehun was in the gym, perspiring buckets of sweat as he shot hoops after hoops after hoops. He ran from one end of the court to the other, training his stamina. He stopped and fell onto the floor for a breather as he decided to take a short break.

It was only 3pm and s were having extra classes. He contemplated on going home and coming back again when he remembered the conversation he had with Hakyung before coming out.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to stay home with you?” Sehun asked, gently resting his head on her 8 months pregnant belly. “I don’t want you to be home alone.”

“I’ll be fine.” She ran her finger through his hair, gently tugging on them. “Focus on your competition.”

“But, you’re 8 months along… Peanut’s coming anytime…”

“I’ll call you when that time comes, okay? Don’t worry, you’ll be there to watch him come to this world okay?”

Sehun sat up and cupped her cheeks.

“Are you sure?” He pecked her lips. “I might not be home when you’re awake.”

She gave him an assuring nod.

“Go for it, appa! I’m rooting for you, Peanut’s rooting for you!” She pumped her fist cutely. “Hwaiting oppa!”

Sehun chuckled and hugged her, pressing her ear to his chest.

“Oh my gosh, how am I so lucky to have such a cute woman in my life?”

 

Sehun got back up to his feet and pumped his fist into the air.

“I can do this. My babies are waiting for me to succeed.”

 

---

 

“We have all been waiting for this day to come! The competition between GOT7 and EXO-K! Who will win this match, this time round?”

The announcer of the game voiced through the PA system at the gym. Sehun and his team members were sitting at their corner, warming up and waiting for the game to start.

Hakyung wanted to come, but Sehun forbade her to, because he didn’t want her to get hurt. He made her pull out of school when she fell during that one time in school.

Jongin wanted Jaeyoung to come, but she wanted to accompany Hakyung, claiming that she hadn’t had a girls’ day out for a long time. He couldn’t fight his girlfriend, so he let her do what she wanted.

 

“Are you guys ready?! The game’s about to start!”

 

The players got ready on court. Sehun gave Jackson a smile before nodding at the other team mates.

“We’re gonna kick your .”

“Let’s see about that.”

The whistle blew and the game started.

 

“EXO’s Sehun has the ball! Dribbling past Mark as s blocked the others! Is he going to shoot a three pointer?”

The announcer made his sentences short and they build up the excitement within the gym. Sehun could feel his adrenaline pumping through his veins. With the ball in his hands, he quickly made a dash to the hoop and stood at the semicircle.

With a precise aim, he attempted to shoot and scored a 3 pointer.

 

---

 

Hakyung was sitting on the sofa with Jaeyoung. A movie was playing and Hakyung feel queasy. She got up and waddled towards the kitchen to get herself a drink. She felt really heavy and her pelvis felt tight.

Using the wall as support, she reached the kitchen and poured herself a drink.

“Jae! Do you want something to drink too?” She yelled from the kitchen.

“No thank you! I’m good! Do you need me to help you?”

“I’m heading out, it’s all good!”

Hakyung placed the mug into the sink and was about to head out when she felt Peanut kick her. She paused and rub circles on her belly.

“Are you thinking about daddy too?”

She smiled and continued to walk but another sudden kick hit her. She grabbed onto the edges of the table as she stabilised herself. She wasn’t expecting that, so it took her by surprise.

“You’re really active today, huh?” She asked. “Are you worried about daddy’s game? Don’t worry, he’ll bring the trophy home to us.”

She took another step and winced.

Hakyung felt something running down her legs and she shook her head.

“Oh my god… This isn’t happening now…”

She looked down and saw clear liquid pooling around her feet.

“Oh my god… Jae! JAE!”

“What is it?” She answered from the living room.

Hakyung was trembling.

“I’m…. JAE! MY WATER BROKE!”

Jaeyoung came sprinting from the living room to the kitchen.

“Are you serious?”

“Do… Do I look like I’m kidding?!”

Hakyung’s knees buckled and Jaeyoung ran to hold onto her.

“What do I do? What do I do?”

“I don’t know~” Hakyung winced, grabbing onto Jaeyoung’s arm. “Call someone!”

“I’ll call Sehun!”

“NO! No. Don’t call him… He needs to focus on his game.”

 

---

 

“Just a single point separated these two from a win. Will GOT7 win? Or will EXO-K take victory?”

Sehun felt his heart skip a beat and he had a feeling that something happened that home. He shook the feeling off himself and focus on the game. He needed to win.

JB started passing the ball to s and D.O managed to intercept. He dribbled and threw the ball over to Baekhyun. Chanyeol stood near the hoop and he passed the ball over to the tall guy.

Chanyeol was going to shoot when h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter