SIXTEEN.

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

“What are you doing here?” Hakyung asked and sat up. Sehun kept quiet and made his way to the chair next to the bed. “What are you-” “Live with me,” Sehun said, cutting her short. Hakyung’s jaw dropped as she glanced at Sehun, giving him a once over. He sat on the chair, leaning against the back rest and scrolling through his phone.

“What?” Hakyung uttered. Sehun looked up and rolled his eyes. “I said, come and live with me. I can take care of you.” He said, slowing down and articulating each word clearly for the girl. Sehun gave up on resisting the urge to visit Hakyung when he saw Jongin drive away, so he followed suit, getting into his car and driving away.

“Take care of me?” Hakyung repeated and scoffed. “I thought you wanted me to abort him?” She asked and looked directly into Sehun’s eyes. The male saw his reflection in her eyes, and saw that those brown orbs reflected something that he had found so familiar. It was as though he was staring back at himself.

That look of emptiness.

That loneliness that filled her orbs.

The aura of lacking in family love.

The fear of being left behind.

Sehun shook his head and looked back at Hakyung. She was staring back at him, really curious to why he had suddenly asked her to live with him. “Why?” She asked again and Sehun sighed. He stood up and leaned forward, his face just inches away from Hakyung’s. She leaned back slightly and he reached up to cup her face with both his hands.

“W-what-” Hakyung muttered and Sehun looked straight into her eyes. “I am saying this for the last time. Come and live with me, you’ll be safer.” Sehun said and tilted his head, planting his lips on the girl’s.

 

Hakyung stopped moving and her eyes widened. Sehun smirked against her lips and pulled away. Hakyung quickly regained her composure and wiped her lips with the back of her hands. “What the hell?” She exclaimed and rubbed her tummy. Sehun’s eyes flickered down to her tummy before examining his face.

“Are you okay?” He asked. “Do you need me to call the nurse or anything?” Sehun stood up and wanted to leave the room when Hakyung reached out and held his wrist. “No, I’m fine.” She whispered and Sehun sat back down. The doctor knocked on the door and entered the room, with a clipboard in his hand.

“Good night, Ms Lee. According to your current condition, you are now suitable for discharge, but you have to take care of what you eat. Be sure to have more vitamins and minerals, rest more and don’t overwork yourself. Take more caution and you’ll be fine.” The doctor said and Hakyung nodded. Sehun’s brows furrowed and he cleared his throat, looking up at the doctor.

“She hasn’t been eating well?” He asked and glanced at Hakyung. The doctor looked at him and asked, “Are you her husband?” Sehun nodded slowly, the term husband was still rather unfamiliar to him. “Please take care of your wife. Give her the necessary types of food and she will be okay.” The doctor advised and Sehun nodded. “The both of you are first time parents right?” He asked and the both of them nodded.

The doctor turned to Sehun and said, “Please come with me then, Mr…” He trailed off and Sehun stood up. “Oh. Oh Sehun.” He introduced himself and the doctor nodded. “Come with me, Mr Oh. I’ll pass you the handbook for first time parents.” He said and nodded at Sehun. Sehun glanced at Hakyung and she motioned her head towards the door.

“Be careful,” Sehun told Hakyung and left with the doctor.

 

Hakyung fell back against the bed when she heard the door close. Her racing heart was pumping so hard against her chest, she thought it was going to burst. She had never seen Sehun acting like this before. She reached her hand up and patted her chest to ease her racing heart. “Calm down Hakyung-ah. He was just doing his part for Peanut.” She told herself, but she kept thinking about the slight kiss that happened earlier.

“Stop,” she whispered as she patted her chest again, closing her eyes.

 

Sehun came walking back to Hakyung’s ward with the little bag of handbooks and pamphlets the doctor had handed him. “So,” Jongin appeared bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter