TWENTY THREE.

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

Jackson sent Hakyung and the little boy back home and they spent the day together, watching movies. Kyung wanted to bake cookies because he wanted to give them to halmeoni when he returned to the orphanage the next day.

Hakyung was preparing the ingredients when she felt something white falling on her. She turned around and gasped when she saw Jackson and Kyung looking at her sheepishly. She saw white powder on their hands and she folded her arms.

When she had their back the boys, they decided to throw flour at her. Hakyung smiled at their childishness and playfully glared at Jackson. “How old are you, Mr Wang?” She asked and Kyung stood in front of him, with his arms spread open.

Jackson carried the little boy up and Hakyung laughed. “I guess you’re really close to Kyung huh?” She said and Jackson grinned. “Yeah, I’m really good with children.” He said. “That explains your childishness, Wang Choding.”

 

As they waited for the cookies to bake, Jackson went to bathe Kyung as she cleared the kitchen. She smiled to herself at the memories of the cookie making and patted her tummy. “When can I start making cookies with you, Peanut?” She said.

“You can always make almond cookies, Hakyung.” Jackson’s voice sounded and she whipped her body around.

What did he hear?

“Almond cookies?” She asked, trying to understand what Jackson had said. “Yeah, you said something about making cookies with peanuts.” He answered and Hakyung sighed in relief. “Maybe next time, since we are baking chocolate chip cookies.” She said with a smile.

Jackson walked up to Hakyung and stood next to her, against the counter. “Where’s Kyung?” She asked. “He chased me out, he said he could bathe by himself.” Jackson said and shook his head. “That little boy.” He muttered with a smile.

“Thank you,” Hakyung said abruptly and Jackson looked at her. “What for?” He asked. “For taking care of Kyung, and for going grocery shopping with us.” Hakyung said. Jackson pushed himself off the counter and stood in front of her.

She straightened her back and Jackson gently slid his arms around her waist. He pulled her close to his chest and rested her chin on her shoulder. Hakyung stiffened, torn between a dilemma of hugging him back and pushing him away, but Jackson chuckled. “Don’t worry, this is a friendly hug. We are friends, aren’t we?” He said.

Hakyung softened at his words and wrapped her arms around his neck. She felt comforted in his embrace. She had never had a male best friend before, and her only best friend was Jaeyoung.

“It certainly feels great to have a best friend like you.” Hakyung whispered. Jackson laughed, saying, “Wow, that friend-zone was quick.”

Hakyung immediately pushed Jackson away and he doubled over in maniac laughter. “IT WAS JUST A JOKE WOMAN!” Jackson yelled when Hakyung chased after him with a rolling pin.

She accidentally tripped and Jackson caught her, which sent them both falling onto the floor. Hakyung fell on top of Jackson and he had his arms on her hips. He looked at her worriedly and their gazes met.

“Are you okay?”

“Are you alright?”

They asked simultaneously and broke into laughter, as Hakyung pressed her forehead on Jackson’s chest. She sat up, straddling Jackson as he propped his upper body up with his elbows.

“Noona, Hyung. What are you guys doing?” Kyung’s voice sounded. Jackson and Hakyung whipped their heads towards the little boy and then at each other, and then at their intimate position. Hakyung immediately got off Jackson and he stood up. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter