THIRTY-THREE

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 33

Jaeyoung and Jongin were waiting outside the ward, sitting three seats apart, waiting for Sehun to come out and tell them that it was alright for them to enter.

Earlier, they saw Jackson exit with a smug smile on his face.

 

Jaeyoung walked forward as Jongin strolled behind her. Their silence was comfortable, yet tense at the same time. It was just hard to explain how they were feeling.

He wanted to walk up to her and talk but the door to Hakyung's ward creaked open and Jackson came strolling out.

Jongin marched up straight to him and grabbed Jackson by his collar. He smirked and held his hands up, letting Jongin pulled on his collar.

“What are you doing here?” He gritted.

Jaeyoung stepped up beside them and wedged herself between the two males, her palms pressing on Jongin’s chest.

“Back off, Kai.” She said.

Jongin stopped upon hearing his nickname. He glanced at her and dropped his hands, backing off. He glared at Jackson as Jaeyoung stood in front on him.

“Hey Jackson.” She greeted.

He gave a smile in return.

“You heard about Hakyung?”

“I rushed over immediately.” Jackson said softly.

He eyed Jongin and stepped closer to the girl. Jongin flinched and leaned closer, making sure that Jackson doesn’t touch Jaeyoung.

While looking at Jongin dead in the eye, he whispered into Jaeyoung’s ear.

“I know Hakyung is pregnant.”

Jaeyoung shot her head up in shock.

“What?”

Then he smiled good-naturedly.

“Relax. I won’t tell anyone. I’ll keep her safe.”

Jaeyoung nodded thankfully.

“And just so you know,” Jackson glanced at Jongin. “This guy likes you.”

“Excuse me?” Jaeyoung turned around and looked at the male behind her. “He doesn’t like me.”

He shook his head, chuckling.

“Dense, like Hakyung.” He joked. “I can show you, if you let me.”

Jaeyoung bit her lip.

“Sorry about this,” he apologised and reached out to cup Jaeyoung’s face. He let his hand travel to her chin before holding it between his thumb and index finger.

Her heart thumped at his actions and the anticipation of what might happen next.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?!” Jongin bellowed and pushed Jackson away. He yanked Jaeyoung behind him and grabbed the other male’s collar.

Jackson just let out a loud high-pitched laugh and shoved Jongin’s hand away from him.

“Told you so, Jaeyoung. I’ll get going. See ya.” Jackson said and saluted them before walking away.

Jongin watched Jackson’s back until her disappeared and spun around. Jaeyoung was frozen to her spot, confused about what just happened.

“What did he tell you? What did he say?” He asked worriedly.

Jaeyoung just stared blankly at Jongin’s face, her gaze boring into his eyes. A warm fuzzy feeling spread inside her body and she gasped, stumbling away from him.

She almost landed on her when his strong arms caught her. They wound around her waist, holding her securely.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

She nodded stiffly and pushed Jongin away from her.

“Y-yah! Who let you touch me?” She stuttered and turned her back on him, stalking off.

Jongin watched her leave, and he scratched his head in confusion. He blinked and tried to slow down his heart rate.

 

Knock knock

Sehun broke the kiss and sat straight, Hakyung blushed and he reached out to hold her hand. He gave her a little squeeze and she smiled.

“Lee Hakyung!” Jaeyoung cried out the moment she pushed the door open. Sehun stood up, letting the best friend sit on the bed.

“Do you have any idea how worried I was?” She exclaimed and hugged the younger girl.

Hakyung returned the hug and patted her back, to comfort and assure the older girl.

“I know, I know. I was worried too.” She whispered. “But I’m fine now…”

Jaeyoung pushed her away at arm’s length and let her eyes roam over Hakyung’s face. She then turned to Sehun, who was sitting on the sofa, with a sheepish look on his face.

“It’s your fault! Why didn’t you take good enough care of Hakyung? Do you think that the baby is a burden? That Kyung is a burden?” She accused and marched up to Sehun. The male stood up and let the girl lash out at him.

 

Hakyung gasped when her best friend sent her palm across his cheek. She bolted up from the bed and winced, her hand flying to her belly.

Jaeyoung whipped around and ran towards her, Sehun following after.

“Oh my god! Kyung, why did you get down from the bed?” Jaeyoung chided.

“Babe, why did you get up? Your body is still weak!” Sehun reached out to hold her waist.

Hakyung turned to Jaeyoung despite their efforts to get the girl back on the bed. She held onto Jaeyoung’s sleeve, tugging it gently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter