TWENTY EIGHT.

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

Sehun sat in front of Hakyung and his mother sat at the other end of the sofa. Hakyung fidgeted in her seat. She was feeling uncomfortable at the level of tension in the house, sitting between Sehun and his mother.

“Sorry,” she said, her voice coming out a mere whisper. “Please excuse me, I’m not feeling well. I’ll head up to my room.” Hakyung politely excused herself before walking away from the sofa.

Sehun’s head tilted as his gaze followed Hakyung. He wanted to get up and walk with her but she gave him a look.

Just as Hakyung passed Tiffany, her hand shot up and she grabbed Hakyung’s wrist. Sehun got up from his seat. Tiffany got up and eyed her son, then the younger girl in front of her.

“Who is this?”

Sehun broke the hold his mother had on Hakyung and pushed her behind himself.

“I would appreciate if you keep your hands off my wife.”

Hakyung peeped up shyly at Sehun and he glanced over his shoulder, sending her a wink.

“Your… wife.” Tiffany repeated, a blank look taking over her face. “I’m only gone for what, 3 months, and you got married?”

“What 3 months?” Sehun scoffed. “You were gone for 3 months, then 3 months, then another 3 months.” He counted. “Since when do you care about me?”

Hakyung tugged on his shirt and shook her head. “Stop it. She’s your mother.” She said in a scolding tone and Sehun nodded. “Now, excuse us, my baby needs to rest.”

And with that, Sehun held onto Hakyung as they went back to their room.

 

Sehun took off his shirt as Hakyung sat on the bed. She leaned against the headboard with her legs folded. She placed a pillow on her folded legs, resting her arms on it. Sehun went into the toilet and stood in front of the mirror.

He sighed in frustration and the tap to splash some water on his face. He walked out and saw Hakyung in deep thought. Dabbing his face dry with a small face towel, he walked over to her and sat in on the bed.

“Hakyung?”

She blinked and looked at Sehun. Her eyes widened when she saw him in front of her, without a shirt on. Her hands flew to her face and covered her eyes, gasping.

“Why aren’t you wearing a shirt?”

Sehun chuckled and she peeped through her fingers, looking at him.

“Yah! Put on a shirt!” Hakyung shut her eyes again.

Sehun pecked the top of her head and got up from the bed. Hakyung lowered her hands and saw Sehun in a wife-beater.

“Why were you so cold with your mother? You said you didn’t see her for 9 months.” Hakyung asked, terribly curious.

She saw how Sehun froze up and he turned around to look at her. “I don’t know why she’s back. She has been gone for so long and yet, she came into my house and act like she’s my mother all over again?”

Hakyung felt her heart thump.

“Sehun-ah,” she called. When he looked at her, she beckoned him over with a small smile on her face. He softened and walked over. Hakyung patted the bed, asking him to sit down.

He did and she leaned forward, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Sehun sat up straight in shock but still hugged her back. He gently rubbed her back as she caressed the back of his neck, running her fingers through his hair.

“What happened between the both of you?” Hakyung asked gently, in a whisper. Sehun sighed and closed his eyes, scooting closer to her, to bring her closer to himself.

“Do you want to know?” Sehun asked.

Hakyung nodded her head and leaned backwards, looking at Sehun in his eyes. His arms dropped and fell at her hips.

“My parents divorced when I was really young and I lived with my mother. He remarried and didn’t want anything to do with us. My mother wasn’t home all the time, and I had to send my time alone.” Sehun started.

“I have been living alone as long as I remember. I was in bed when she came home, and I left home when she was sleeping. We hardly saw each other. She promised me that she would be back to celebrate my 10th birthday. I invited all my friends, but she stood me up. When I won my first academic award, she promised to be there to see me go on stage, but she stood me up.”

Sehun sighed and Hakyung reached up to caress his cheek.

“I had to rush to the police station a few times because of her. I was just a 13 year old boy, but I had to explain to the police officer why my mother was dancing in the middle of the st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter