TWENTY FOUR.

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

Sehun reached the orphanage and Hakyung gently unbuckled her own seatbelt before doing the same for Kyung. She got off the car and Kyung climbed out sleepily.

“Noona, will you come see me again?” The little boy asked and Hakyung squatted down to his eye level.

Sehun immediately walked over and yanked the girl to her feet.

“You can’t squat, you’re pregnant.” He reminded and Kyung clung onto her leg.

“I will. Maybe next week.” She promised.

Kyung eyed Sehun and punched his thigh.

“Take care of my noona or I’ll really hate you for life.” The little boy said and ran towards the gate with his Pororo backpack.

Sehun and Hakyung watched as the little kid went in and she waved before the boy disappeared from their line of sight.

“What was that?” Hakyung asked and Sehun shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. Let’s head to school now.” Sehun reached for her hand and entwined their fingers together.

Hakyung felt her heart speed up and she smiled, nodding her head.

 

Sehun was cruising along the road when a vehicle came speeding in front of them, forcing him to jam on the brakes immediately. Sehun’s hand shot out defensively in front Hakyung as the car came to a complete halt.

Hakyung and Sehun were thrown forward but thankfully for their seatbelts, they were not thrown out of the car, but the impact of the tight seatbelt that was strapped on her belly caused her to wince.

He immediately turned to Hakyung and unbuckled her belt. Her hand flew to her stomach and held her breath as she leaned back against the seat. Sehun’s eyes were filled with worry as he watched her take deep breaths.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Do you need-”

Hakyung reached to hold his hand and blinked at him.

“I’m fine. I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? Your lips are pale and-”

“Yes, I’m sure I’m okay. I just need to lean back.”

Sehun nodded and helped Hakyung reclined her seat back.

 

Throughout the entire ride, Sehun kept stealing glances at Hakyung, to make sure she was alright. Hakyung closed her eyes as she felt for signs of discomfort.

 

“We’re reaching school in a few minutes, are you sure you don’t need the hospital?” Sehun asked and Hakyung shook her head.

She straightened her seat and made him stop the car.

“Why stop here? We’re still a small distance from school.”

“I can’t be seen with you, remember? Sora? Your fangirls?” Hakyung said. “I’m pregnant, not invalid. I can walk to school.”

Sehun reluctantly allowed Hakyung to alight and she walked immediately after getting down. He travelled at her pace, alongside of her.

She could feel that stalker-thing Sehun was doing and she sighed.

Hakyung walked over to the car and knocked on the window.

“Sehun, this is the last time I’m telling you. I’m pregnant, not invalid. I can do this. Head to school first. It’s not going to be nice if we appear together.”

He nodded and promised her that he would head to school first.

 

Hakyung made sure that he left before she started walking again. She took her own sweet time to get to school and she smiled.

Sehun’s caring for her.

He’s worried over her.

That’s an improvement.

She was smiling and in her own world that she didn’t realise another car pulling up next to her.

“Hakyung! Aren’t you going to school?”

Hakyung shook her head.

Of course this goon has to come now. I’ve just gotten rid of one idiot and here comes another.

She thought with a smile.

“I am. Why are you here? JYP High isn’t this way.”

Jackson just laughed.

“Do you need a ride?” He asked.

“You’re never going to leave until I agree to hop into your car, right?”

Jackson nodded with a grin.

Hakyung shook her head and walked over to the car.

 

“Who drives that beautiful car? I bet the owner is as dope as the vehicle.”

“Oh my god! Is that Jackson?”

“A girl from our school is riding in the car with him!”

“Holy . Is that Hakyung?”

“Hakyung? That quiet girl in class?”

“Holy .”

 

Whispers filled the school and Hakyung felt uncomfortable. Jackson noticed her discomfort and reached to pat her hand.

“Be careful in school okay? I’ll see you soon.” Jackson bade after Hakyung alighted and she smiled. She turned around to walk into school when the entire school population was staring at her.

Jackson, the member of GOT7, EXO’s competitor drove her to school.

 

Sehun was in class when the news of what happened travelled around. He frowned when he heard what his classmates said.

“She wanted to get off my car just to ride with Jackson?” He murmured.

“What’s that?” Jongin caught him mumbling to himself and Sehun looked up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter