FOURTEEN.

Dare To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

Jongin handed Sehun a ring box and nudged him. “They’re coming,” he said. Sehun looked up and saw the girls walking in. “I’m going to regret this.” Sehun whispered. Hakyung was pulled into the restaurant by Jaeyoung. She was getting a little worried what might happened later.

“Don’t be such a worrywart.” Jaeyoung said and pulled the girl into the restaurant, towards the room the guys were at. Towards her fate.

 

The door slid open and the girls entered. “Sorry we’re late,” Jaeyoung apologised and Sehun scoffed. Jongin and Jaeyoung exchanged looks before Hakyung sat down. “So, I trust you know what’s going on today?” Jongin asked and Hakyung nodded.

“Since my boy, Sehun, had planted his seeds into you,” Jongin said and Hakyung reddened. Sehun choked on his drink. Jongin cleared his throat and continued, “We have come to a conclusion that you guys should marry. Or at least be engaged.”

Hakyung looked down at her hands and heard Sehun clear his throat. “Hakyung, will you marry me?” Sehun said nonchalantly after Jongin nudged him. She shot her head up and saw Sehun looking at her, bored of waiting. She glanced at Jaeyoung, then at Jongin, then the ring.

Her hand rubbed on her lower tummy and closed her eyes. When she opened them again, she held out her hand and nodded. Sehun yawned and removed the ring from the ring box. He held the girl’s hand and carelessly jammed the ring up her middle finger.

Jongin side-hugged Sehun and Jaeyoung hugged her best friend.

 

Jongin exited the room to go to the washroom and Jaeyoung went out to pick up a call. The newly engaged couple sat in silence until Sehun broke the deafening silence. “Here’s what I have to say.” He started, making Hakyung look at him.

“I’m marrying you because you are expecting my child, nothing more. So don’t expect me to fall in love with you.” Sehun said coldly. “I didn’t ask to be married to you,” Hakyung said, in attempt to rebut to what he had said. “Well, I didn’t wish to marry you either.” He countered and Hakyung found herself speechless.

Sehun noticed her silence and he scoffed. “After the child is born, we’ll file for a divorce,” Sehun said. “I will never fall in love with you, so you better don’t fall in love with me,” he warned and glanced at his watch. “I have to go, Seeya. Wife.”

Hakyung watched as her husband left her and she let those tears that she had been holding in, free. “You better don’t fall in love with me…” Hakyung repeated what Sehun had said. Isn’t it a little too late to say that? She thought to herself, smiling bitterly.

 

“Where do you think you are going?” Jongin asked when he saw Sehun leaving. “I’m going off. I’ve already done what you and Jaeyoung wanted, get off my back,” Sehun said coldly and left. Jongin watched as his friend left and sighed. “Maybe Hakyung can cure this bad temper of yours.”

He returned to the room and Hakyung quickly wiped her tears away. “I’m sorry if Hun’s a douche,” He apologised and she gave him a weak smile. “I just hope my baby doesn’t take after his temper,” she joked and got up. Jongin chuckled and saw that she was leaving. “Do you need a lift home? Aren’t you waiting for Jaeyoung?” He asked.

“No thanks, I’ll be fine.” She answered. “I’ll go to Jaeyoung before leaving,” she added. “Thank you, for doing this.” Hakyung smiled and left the room. “She’s different, Hun. I can tell.” Jongin muttered to himself.

“Leaving already?” Jaeyoung asked when the both of them bumped into each other at the entrance. Hakyung nodded and bade her best friend a quick goodbye before rushing off.

 

Hakyung was walking alone in the mall nearby when she heard a voice behind her. “Hakyung!” He called out and she turned around. The frown on her face was immediately replaced with a smile. “Jackson!” She called out and he ran towards her.

“Shopping alone?” He asked and the girl nodded. “Do you mind if I join you? I’m by myself today,” he said and Hakyung shook her head. “Nope, I don’t mind.” She said and he slung his arm over her shoulder. She flinched a little at the sudden contact and Jackson pulled away.

“Oh sorry, my habit.” He apologised and Hakyung shook her head with a smile. “Let’s go grab some food to eat, okay?” He asked and Hakyung smiled. “Let’s go!” Jackson said and held Hakyung’s hand, pulling her to the nearest food place.

Why isn’t Sehun like Jackson? Being around Jackson is so comforting, unlike being around Sehun… Hakyung thought.

 

Jackson bought her dinner and even sent the girl home after their little outing. “Thank you, Jackson.” Hakyung said and turned to enter her apartment building. Jackson bit his lip and contemplated for a moment before calling out to Hakyung. The girl turned back and Jackson jogged up to her. “What is it?” She asked and he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Uh, can I have your number?” He asked and Hakyung blushed. “O-of course,” she said and keyed in her number into Jackson’s mobile. “Here you go,” she said and handed his mobile back to him. He gave her a grin before dialling that number. A few seconds later, Hakyung’s mobile rang and Jackson hung up.

“Now you have my number too,” He said and Hakyung nodded shyly. “Call me, okay?” He said and Hakyung nodded. He smiled, waved her goodbye before dashing off. Hakyung’s cheeks tinted with red as she smiled shyly to herself.

“I will,” she whispered and entered her apartment building. Little did she know, she was being eyed on…

 

“Ah, right! Hakyung doesn’t have Sehun’s number,” Jaeyoung suddenly realised and texted Jongin.

 

Kim Jerk In

Can you send me Sehun’s number so that I can send it to Hakyung? They didn’t exchange their numbers earlier today.

 

Jaeyoung left her phone on her bed as she went to wash her face, to get ready for bed. She went downstairs to get herself a glass of water before heading back up her room. When she looked at her mobile again, she had 8 missed messages from Jongin.

 

Kim Jerk In

Why are you the one to ask me for his number?

You have mine, that’s enough.

Okay, I’ll give it to you.

But why isn’t it Hakyung who’s asking me for his number?

Is this an excuse for you to text me?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter