Brunch

A Secret Between Four

TOP followed you, hand in hand, as you half dragged and half jogged up to your favourite cafe. Although you loved the mainstream cafes like Caffe Bene and Paris Baguette, today you felt more classy. Needless to say, you wanted to be spoilt by your significant other. A waiter led the two of you to your table by the glorious window wall that had a stunning view of daytime Seoul with parks and man-made lakes too. The waiter was about to pull out your chair for you, but TOP came around, signalled the waiter to grab the menus. You curiously looked at him, eyes squinted playfully as he gave you a casual lopsided grin and you settled down in your seat.

Unable to contain your light giggles, you quickly covered your mouth and giggled, still keeping an eye on your one and only as he settled down into his seat. He rolled his eyes, "Real mature."

After the giggles subsided, the waiter came with the menus and table water. "Let me know when you're ready to order," he smiled and poured the water (orange, strawberry and mint flavoured) into each glass. You stared at the waiter, secretly admiring and comparing him to your TOP. The waiter grinned again at you, spun on his heels and walked away to serve another table.

"Hey, eyes on me," TOP's voice came out more husky and low than normal. He scanned the menu and nodded to himself, "I'm ordering for you."

You had another fit of giggles, keeping it on the down-low as it was a more classy cafe. "I didn't touch the menu," you perched your folded arms on the table and leaned forward to stare at the jealous TOP. "I hate how long this table is," you pouted as you scooted closer to him.

He chuckled and pushed your shoulders with his menu, "Just wait till the food comes out and you'll forget about me."

"Hmmm," you playfully agreed and thought about that comment as TOP called the waiter over. He called out the orders of a grilled chicken caesar salad, avocado toast with eggs benedict and some banana pancakes with vanilla whipped cream for something sweet for his lady.

"I heard that sneaky little hum babe," TOP raised his signature thick eyebrow and shook his head slightly. "You didn't mean that."

You smiled and reached over and patted his cheek lightly, "That wasn't even a question." Your tummy grumbled as you retreated your hand and blushed peachy pink.

"My lady is hungry which means soon to be crabby," TOP pushed the cutlery further from your edge of the table, worried you would accidently knock it to the ground as he sensed you becoming more and more restless.

"Am not," you immediately shot back. Shocked at your sudden reaction, you straightened up and uncomfortably shuffled your feet under the table.

TOP, this time, reached out and placed his own large hand on your cheek. You automatically leaning into the warmth, he softly whispered, "It's okay baby, I still love you."

The food came out, looking spectacular and making your mouth water. TOP automatically pushed your cutlery closer to you and your own dish for sharing. He made sure the pancaked were the closest to you as you grabbed some whipped cream and a large banana pancake, digging in instantly. TOP laughed as he grabbed himself some salad and toast, preferring the more savoury type breakfast.

------

After brunch, TOP was waiting for you to touch up your makeup and hair at the cafe's ladies room. He had received a text from Big Bang and 2PM telling him that everything was done, and all he needed to do was to come and film his part. It also stated that Youngwoon and your parents would keep you company and get you ready for the surprise event. He heard your Louboutins clicking on the polished timber floor and briskly put his phone in his pocket.

"So where to next?" You looked even more gorgeous (if that was possible), a wide smiled plastered on your face. "The bill."

"That wasn't even a question," TOP mimicked your statement from earlier, in return, receiving an exasperated expression and and sigh from your lips. "Off to Kangnam."

------

TOP parked the car in the underground private parking and led you out onto the bustling streets of Kangnam. Although Kangnam was known for its glamour and sophistication, there were always people filled in the streets with the occasional food cart. TOP saw Youngwoon and your parents eating some custard buns, waving to the both of you. Your mother ran with her bun in hand towards the two of you but was stopped by Jaejoong.

"Give me this honey," he took the bun and then patted Jang Mi on the back, signalling her to run off to greet her baby daughter.

TOP laughed in synchronisation with Jaejoong and Youngwoon as the oblivious females squished each other, giggling. "Mummy," you kissed her on the cheek, making your mother grin with pride and love.

People passing by looked shell-shocked at this stunning family giggling and having a laugh at the mother and daughter. As the males came and greeted each other, slightly surrounding the ladies, protecting them from the crowd, the surrounding girls, ladies and even some males, gawked at the handsome and muscular men. All in all, a perfect, glamourous and loving family.

"So where to?" you looked wide eyed at your father who had just lightly patted your head. Jaejoong was about to answer your question when you suddenly cut him off, unintentionally. "Wait, don't tell me," you raised your palm and then squealed in joy. "Shopping?!"

Your mother squealed too and the men just chuckled and rolled their eyes. "Honey, TOP needs to chase up something at Mirotic. He'll join us in about two hours if that's okay," Jaejoong pinched your nose for punishment for answering your own question.

"But-" you started.

"I'll see you later my baby," TOP kissed your cheek and forehead, finishing your sentence. He earned a hard glare from you and the 'I-crossed-my-arms-I'm-angry-with-you' stance. "I'll do my best to join you soon."

You relunctantly sighed and kissed his cheek back, "Hurry back to me."

"Always," TOP started to retreat backwards, hands clasped behind his back. You suddenly blew him numerous kisses, catching him off guard. "Shoot!" He hurriedly caught them all, making everyone laugh, including himself.

"Let's go princess," Jang Mi held your hand and Jaejoong sticking to her side. Youngwoon was stuck to your other side, not looking a hundred percent excited about this 'Shopping' adventure.

Jaejoong sensing his son's enthusiasm, he chuckled and playfully shoved his son behind his loving wife. "Lighten up son, we're in this together."

Youngwoon rolled his eyes and laughed it out with his father, ignoring you and his mother giving them both curious glances.

****

So, finally, it's good to be back :)

Short Author's Note !

I know I've been away for so long but I've gone through something emotionally and mentally straining that I needed some time away to collect my thoughts and bits of my heart as well. To put it briefly, it's been a rough 5 or so months for me and my family so I just needed some time to straighten out my life and priorities.

Not promoting my life or story or anything, but my other fic called 'Our Love Story' is based on my current life and love life and my unexplained and unannounced hiatus will be explained there in a story type adaptation. Curious, go check it out but that explanation won't be put up until I develop the story more.

I'm now officially back but my uni/college final exams are coming up in a month's time so this will probably be my last update till I finish exams. I tried to make it as lengthy as possible !

Thanks so much for sticking around, and hopefully I don't keep you guys waiting anymore !

Love you,

clarawr xo