Chapter 2

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

 

Author’s POV
 
You walked into the bathroom. The tub was already filled with warm water and flowers inside. The aroma of the roses filled my nose. You put your left feet in first, testing if the temperature is okay. You dipped your whole body into the tub. ‘Ah, it’s been so long since I get to enjoy such nice baths.’ 
 
You finished drying your hair and made your way down to find L. “Over here.” L’s voice rang through the building. You followed his voice and found yourself in the dining room. This time, it’s the smell of delicious food filled your nose. You went to take a seat but did not start.
 
“What are you waiting for ?” He asked behind the cabinet. “You.” “Me ? Why ?” he asked walking towards the table. “Well, arent you going to eat with me ?” “I’m not hungry.” ‘Oh right. Why will a rich kid like him will eat with some beggar like me.’ you lowered your head in realization. 
 
“If I’m thinking that way, I wouldn’t have you here.” he read my mind. “Look, just think of me as an angle send by god. I’ll provide you food, clothing, education, a roof over your head and other necessities. And I’ll do it whether you like it or not.” You felt touched and tears started to drop down. ‘You’re an angle.’
 
“Now, don’t cry. Come on, the food is getting cold. I’m not kind to people who waste my food.” he frowned. You smiled and picked up your utensils, shouting a “I’ll eat well.” and started digging in. Just one bite from the food, both of your thumbs shot up. “Omo, it’s so nice.” 
 
“Thanks.” he gave you a warm smile and took out some papers. “Here, fill this up after you’re done. I’m going to take a bath.” He said and went away. I picked up the paper. Registration to T.O.P High was bolded on the top of the document. ‘He’s serious when he meant by providing me education.’ You quickly finished up your food and washed it.
 
You picked up the pen and filled the document with some of your information and contact number. ‘It’s been so long since I went to school.’ “Are you done with that ?” I jumped a little. “Yah, you scared me.” “Well, are you done ?” “Yea, here,” you passed him the paperwork. “But about the parents section, you know…” “I’ll find a guardian for you. Don’t worry about it.”
 
“So…let’s talk about each other.” he asked out of the blue while checking through the form. “Why do you call yourself L ?” you blurted out. He laughed softly “Any other question not regarding my name ?” “Err…do you live here alone ?” “Yes.” “Where’s your parents ?” “Let’s just say they are at a faraway place.” ‘Faraway place ? Omo, does that mean…’ “No. It doesn’t mean that. They are oversea working. They barely come back.” I replied him with an ‘O’.
 
“So according here, you’re 18.” He gazed at me, making me feel nervous. After a while, he looked back down to the paper. “Doesn’t look like it. You look a lot younger.” “Is this some kind of interview ?” “Well, do you want a job ? I can get you one.” “Ah, no thanks. I’d been troubling you enough. I’ll just go find one myself.” you said, giving him a knowing smile.
 
“So what do you do normally ? Do you study in T.O.P High too ?” “Nope, I graduated from college last year.” “WHAT ?!” you were shocked. ‘He looks like the same age as me but graduated from college ?!’ “You’re kidding right ?” “Nope. I even have a certificate. You want to confirm ?” “Nah, I believe you. But it’s just so shocking.” “No one believed me. You can say I’m a genius and jumped 2 grades every three months.” “3 months ?! Now that’s hard to believe.”
 
“How old are you actually ?” “19. Why ? I look older than that ?” he raised his eyebrow at you. ‘Dang, he’s hot.’ “You do know I can read mind right ?” You blushed at his statement. “Well, I like to keep my thoughts to myself, thank you.” you said it in a sarcastic manner. 
 
Your eyelids started to feel heavy. You let a yawn escaped from your lips. “Time to turn in.” “Turn in where ?” “My room ?” You eyes widened but your legs followed him. “Don’t think it the wrong way. I’ll be sleeping on the couch.” “Oh ! There’s no need for it L oppa ! I can sleep on the couch.” You shook your hands in front of you, declining his offer.
 
“What man will I be if I let such a pretty girl like you sleep on the couch. Besides, my bed is much more comfortable. Or maybe…” “Maybe ?” You urged him to continue. “Or maybe we can sleep together.” He cocked his eye brow naughtily as he opened the door to his room, revealing a queen sized bed. “Uh, no thanks.” You sped in and slammed the door in his face. Through the door, you can hear a manly laugh.
 
You sighed. ‘It’s gonna be a long long day.’
 
**The Next Day**
 
The bright sunlight shone on your face. You stretched your hand but your hand came in contact with something solid and cold. You turned and found a topless L sleeping next to you. You screamed at the top of your lungs while pushing the figure down from HIS bed. 
 
Suddenly, a hand clammed your mouth shut. “You’re gonna wake the whole earth.” You just looked into his eyes. “Now, I’m gonna let go if only you keep quiet. Got it ?” You nodded. L moved his hand away from your mouth slowly. Your eyes never left his. ‘He has pretty eyes.’
 
You took in a deep breath. “Why did I wake up finding L oppa sleeping next to me ?!” You shouted. “Pipe down, woman.” He stuffed his fingers into his ears. “I’m waiting.” You glared at him impatiently. “Geez ! I HAPPENED to pass by MY room and saw you shivering. So I thought maybe sharing body heat with you might warm you a little. You’re the one snuggled into me just when I climbed up the bed.” He said, making it clear. Your mouth formed an ‘O’ shape. ‘He’s such a sweet guy.’
 
“What time is it ?” L groaned. You looked up to the clock hanging on the wall. “It’s nearly 9. Why ?” His head popped up from the pillow. “ ! I’m late !” He immediately sprung up while muttering a few curses. “Late for what ?” “For work.” He ran into the bathroom and started to wash up.
 
You got up and went into the kitchen. ‘Maybe I can make something simple for him.’ You made toast and laid it nicely on the table. Right on cue, he came rushing out. You stared at him with big eyes. “What ?” He asked while fixing his tie. “You look different.” You answered him. 
 
“How different ?” Still working on his tie. You walked to him and gave him a little help. “More matured. Not like the L oppa I saw a few minutes ago.” “Does that mean I look older ?” He raised his brow at you. “Maybe ?” You . 
 
You fixed his tie and held up one of the toast you made. “Here L oppa, have a bite.” L opened his mouth wide. You giggled and fed him the last piece of toast. “I’ll be going now.” He said while wearing his shoe. “Umm…I’ll guard the house.” You said, slightly frowning as you know you’ll be all alone in the house. 
 
He ruffled your hair which is already messy from your sleep. “Give me your phone.” You passed it to him without a question. L punched in a few numbers and called it. A catchy R&B music started to play but was cut off suddenly. “I saved my number in your phone. Call me if there’s any trouble.” “Yes sir !” You saluted to him like a young soldier would do to a captain.
 
You two laughed together and he ruffled your hair for the last time and left for work.
 
 
krys :)