Chapter 1

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

 

Your POV
 
Hi, my name is Lee ~~~~~. I lived a perfectly perfect life. Not until my parents decided to go gamble and left me with their debts. From that day onwards, I started running for my life. Transferring from one school to the other. You can say that my life is hard. I prayed for the day when my prince charming would come and offered me help. And guess what ?
 
 
My prayer was answered.
 
Author’s POV
 
You look up to the sky. Wishing upon a random star that your life would once calm down and everything would be like once, perfect as ever. 
 
“STAY RIGHT THERE !” 
 
“.” You muttered a curse and started running to the opposite street. Not having a care that you may die if the cars didn’t stop.
 
You made a quick glance back. The loan sharks were still at your tail. You started to panic and ran like your life depends on it, well typically, it’s true. You made a turn into a small alley and soon enough, you reached a dead-end.
 
“Finally we got you.” You gasped at the voice of the loan sharks. “Do you know how hard was it for us to track you down ? We’re not letting you go this time.” He contacted his boss and started to walk towards you as you backed away until your back hit the brick wall.
 
You kneeled down. ‘Please save me.’ You sent a silent prayer to whoever was out there. You were waiting for the man to reach you but it never did. You looked up and saw bodies lying on the floor with severe injuries. 
 
A hand came into your sight and the a beautiful voice warmed your heart. “Are you okay ?” You nodded in response. “Come on.” You took his hand and the owner of that beautiful voice helped you up. 
 
“Thank you.” The two words came out like a whisper from your lips. “Nah, that was nothing. But why were they chasing after you ?” You shuffled your legs, thinking whether you should tell him about your life story or not. “It’s okay if you don’t want. I’m not that nosy after all.” He let out a small chuckle and strode away.
 
You looked at his disappearing back and finally had the courage to move your first step. You sat on a bench and started with your trance of thoughts. ‘Where should I go now ? The loan sharks are probably waiting for me outside my apartment. I cant go back there anymore. I need to move my house again.’
 
Just then, your stomach growled. You held onto your stomach and sent a telepathy to it. ‘Sorry stomach, I should have eaten before I ran for my life.’ You clasped your hands together. ‘Oh god, by any chance you will send me one of your angles ?’
 
“What are you doing ?” You snapped your eyes open. Your savior’s face was inches away from yours. You pulled yourself away from him. He cleared his throat. “Umm…I was passing by when I see you praying or something. Why ? You need help on something ? Did those come back for you ?” He continued on and on until you cant take it anymore, you clammed your hand over his mouth.
 
“Take a deep breath and listen to me.” He nodded and you took away your hand. He took a deep deep breath and opened his mouth but you gave him an intent gaze. He closed his slightly parted mouth and you told him about your life-time story to this stranger who you just met and minute ago.
 
He looked at you with eyes filled with pity. “Don’t look at me like that. I don’t need anyone’s pity, especially from a stranger.” He stood up and got hold of your hand and started to drag you to who knows where. “Hey, let go of me.” He stopped on his tracks and turned to you. “Didn’t you say you cant go back to your house ? Doesn’t that mean you need a place to crash at ?” He said. “Yes, but where are you taking me ?” “My house.” he answered like it was a matter of fact. 
 
“I barely even know you. How can I just crash in your place ?” “Then let’s start to know each other. I’m Kim Myungsoo but you can only call me that when there’s only the two of us. The other times, just call me L. I’m probably older than you so that makes it, L oppa.” “Wait. You’re going to fast. And what’s with the weird name ?” “Don’t make fun of my name.” he pouted. ‘He’s cute when he pouts.’ you thought to yourself. 
 
“How about you ? What’s your name ?” he asked. “Me ? I’m Lee ~~~~~.” “Nice name.” he gave me a small smile. “Thanks.” It was a perfect moment but your stomach got jealous and started to grumble at you. “Haha. You’re hungry aint you ?” you nodded embarrassedly. “Come on. We need to get you something to eat.” 
 
Soon enough, you two reached in front a well designed double-storey house. “Wow oppa ! you didn’t tell me you’re that rich.” “You never asked.” L opened the door, wide enough for both of us to get in. “Come in.” He took of this shoes and slipped into a pair of indoor slippers. He took out a pair for me.
 
I followed him around. Amazement was all over my face. He led you to somewhere which looked like his room. “Here, you go bathe first while I prepare you some snacks.” He handed you a tank top and a pair of sweat pants. “The bathroom is straight down. Come down after you finish.” With that, he walked downstairs, leaving me with his clothes.
 
 
krys :)