Chapter 40

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

 

Author’s POV

You slumped down at your seat. You have finished your class early and had nothing to do. Now, the only thing you can do is to wait for L.joe to finish his detention and L to come out from his meeting.

You flipped through random book that you got from the shelves. Your vibrated in your pocket. ‘Finally one of them is out.’ You rolled your eyes and unlocked the phone.
 

Come out now. I’m done with my detention.
-Your hot and adorable boyfriend-

 

You shook your head. He must have messed with your phone when you weren’t noticing. You changed his contact name back to something normal. You took your bag and walked out of the library. You looked left and right, remembering the incident previously.

You’d been more cautious of your surrounding after the bomb incident. There weren’t any creepy messages sent to your phone for the last few weeks but you never let your guard down, just in case.

You held your books close to your chest and slowly walked down the stairs and met up with L.joe at the gate.

 “Hey princess.” L.joe greeted you, as usual, the flirty way.

“Hey my hot and adorable boyfriend.” You imitated him. L.joe looked at you with widened eyes. “Are you sick ?” He reached you and touched your forehead. “No. I’m not Byunghun.”

“Then I must be the one sick. ~~~~~-ah ! I’m starting to hallucinate you calling me your boyfriend. No ! it’s dooms day already !” He waved his hands frantically. Passerby stared at him like he’s a some weird species.

You slap your palm on your face and slowly moved away from him. “~~~~~-ah ! Wait up ! Don’t leave me alone !” You heard L.joe shouted from behind you. You waited for him to catch up and both of your walked to gether down the streets.

You saw L.joe wasn’t talking. He looked like a walking zombie. “Byunghun, what’s on your mind ? You have been quiet for quite some while.” You lightly squeezed his arm. You turned his head at you. “I’m just thinking of something.” “What is it ? Don’t leave hanging halfway.” You whined.

He said nothing. He took your hand in his and led you. You kept quiet and followed him. This was the first time you saw L.joe so serious about something. The two of you walked hand in hand and soon reached a park. Children were running around, chasing each other, screaming at the top of their lungs and not having a care about the world.

You looked at L.joe and saw his face slightly softened. “What’s wrong ?” You looked at him with worried written all over your face. “I’d been thinking for a long time.” You nodded and urge him to continue. He turned and looked at you.

“I’m in love with this girl the first time I laid my eyes on her but I don’t know if she feels the same way as I do. I don’t know if both of our feelings are mutual.” Through his eyes, you could tell he was really frustrated. Your hands reached out and held his face. “Byunghun. I’m-”

He slammed his palm on your lips. “Don’t tell me yet. No. I don’t want to know yet.” He lowered his head. “I’m just too scared to know.” You sighed inwardly. You really felt bad for how he felt. This time, it was you who took his hand and walked him.

You two stopped in front of a convenience store. You led him to the ice cream section. “Come on. Choose. My treat.” You smiled.  “Ice cream never fails to brighten my day. Try some.” L.joe smiled at your attempt to cheer him up. He took out a chocolate flavor and gave it to you. “You’re paying. Not me.” He shrugged and walked away.

You looked at him. “Hey ! I expect for a thank you !” He waved his hand and walked out the convenience and waited for you. You shook your head. ‘The jerk’s back to his normal self now.’

You walked to the counter and took out your wallet. The man at the counter accepted the money. He gave you back your change. You thanked him politely and walked out. Suddenly, a handkerchief covered your nose. You smelled something weird. Your vision started to blur. You tried to peel off the unknown’s hand. You screamed and shouted but it came out muffled. ‘L.joe. Turn around. Please turn around.’ Tears started to gather at the corner of your eye.

 

“Time to sleep, darling.” The unknown man whispered into your ear.

 


My exams are right around the corner.
I wouldnt be able to update for two weeks straight.
I'm really sorry my dear readers.
krys:)