Chapter 6

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

 

Author’s POV
 
You skipped the rest of the lesson and went home. You had a little trouble finding your way back though. ‘Wait. Should I turn left or right ?’ You stood there for 5 minutes, trying to recall which way did you came from.
 
“Turn left.” Someone breathed into your ears. You jumped and backed away from that person who happens to be L. You sighed in relief. “Skipping the first day of school. Messing with the president’s son. Losing way your back. I’m worry about you.” “Oops. I got find out.” You stuck your tongue out while L just shook his head.
 
The two of you reached home and settled down after a nice shower. “You skipped a few lesson so I went to borrow the notes from the students. Hope it helps.” He passed you some books. By some reason, you just cant take your eyes off him. He’s not wearing those hideous glasses anymore and he changed his clothes in to a normal sweater over a white tee. His hair was not gelled, slightly messy and wet. 
 
“Done staring ?” You looked away, avoiding having any eye contact with him. “Why do you wear glasses in school ?” You blurted out. “To hide my identity.” “From who ?” “That’s a secret that you cant know.” He winked at you.
 
“Get working with it. I’ll be in my office.” “You have an office here ?!” Your jaw dropped. He held in his laughter and replied you, “Yea. The room opposite our room is my office.” ‘Our ?!’ Your turned crimson red. He just gave you a smile and walked off.
 
You started copying the notes and practiced some of it but you just cant seem to figure out the questions. You pouted. ‘Great ! What do I do ?!’ You peeked up the stairs. ‘Should I go ask him ?’ “Just come up here if you got any problem !” You heard L shout from his office. ‘Damn L with his mind reading.’ “I heard that !”
 
You took your work up and knocked on the door before entering. You saw files and paperwork stacked up the whole table with his laptop in front of him. “Wait at the coffee table. I’ll be there in a sec.” L nodded towards it. You set your work on the table and sat on the black leather sofa. You looked around. It was a nicely designed room with pictures hanged everywhere. One caught your eye. It was L with a group of boys, smiling widely at the camera. ‘They must be his friends.’ You looked L who’s standing at the middle with his hand over the other boy’s shoulder. ‘He look so cute.’ you squealed in your head.
 
“What do you don’t understand ?” L asked while taking a seat next to yours. “Everything.” You replied with a restless tone. “Let me see.” L said with a slight of British accent while he leaned his head towards your work to get a better look. What he didn’t notice is that both of your cheeks were just inches away each other. You backed away a little. L finally noticed your uncomfortable, he cleared his throat to clear the awkwardness.
 
“This is not how you do it.” L said softly. He wrote out the format for the umpteenth times. You felt bad for him. He must have been tired from his work and now you’re bothering him with your studies. Even if he sounded tired, he never gave up on teaching you. 
 
The session continued until dinner time. L was too exhausted to cook so he decided to take you out for dinner. He slipped on his jacket while you just put on your hoodie. You two walked down to town and went food hunting. 
 
L took you two a noodle shop and ordered you dinner. After the scrumptious meal, he brought you to many shops and bought you accessories and more. “L oppa, if you keep buying me stuff, I’ll move out !” you exclaimed when L was trying out a kitty ear headband on your head. “Come on ! This one looks cute on you. Let’s take a picture.” L’s voice was filled with excitement. You sighed. “Only a picture, you cant buy it, araso ?” “Araso. Come here.” He pulled you nearer to him and held out his phone and snapped a picture with you and him smiling sweetly.
 
“Send it to me.” L did what you told him and sent the picture to you. You set it as your wallpaper without him knowing. As for L, he did the same when you were busy meddling with your phone. 
“Let’s go then.” L wrapped his hand around your waist and led the way home. You were startled by the sudden contact but say nothing.
 
***The Next Day at School***
 
‘It’s my second day of school and nothing is going to ruin it.’ You put on your best smile and marched down the hallway. But something, or should I say someone, ran past you and stopped your way. “Excus--” Your face feel instantly seeing the someone in front of you. “Move.” Your polite tone was replaced with a harsh and menacing one.
 
To your surprise, he kneeled down in front of you and took out a bouquet of flowers. You really didn’t expect this would happen. “I love you ! Will you be my girlfriend ?!” L.joe looked at you with sincere eyes. At that moment, you melted. Your hands reached out slowly to accept the bouquet.
 
Something caught your eyes. L glaring straightly at L.joe’s back from the end of the corridor. You regained your posture and just walked off, leaving L.joe dumbfounded and broken hearted. Once you reached your class, girls were shooting you daggers like glares. Three girls came up to you. ‘They must be the queenka of this school that L oppa told me.’
 
You stood there and stare back expressionless at them even though your head was telling you to run. “Who do you think you are ? I don’t even know why L.joe oppa will even look at you. You’re just one of the flies.” One of them snapped at you. “Why don’t you go ask him yourself and leave me alone ?” Your strong inner self took over you. “How dare you say that ?!” The girl at the right slapped you. 
 
The pain on your cheek stung. Your tears threatened to fall but you kept it in. “Why are you taking it out on me ? Shouldn’t you be finding trouble with L.joe instead of me ?” The girl was about to give you another hard slap but the girl in the middle stopped her.
 
She was a girl with pretty features and a beautiful body. Her hair was curled at the end. But deep down inside you, you knew she is an ugly from the inside. ‘I assumed she’s the leader, Jini.’ “There’s no need to reason with trash like her.” “Then I’ll excuse myself !” You gave her a look and walked pass her. 
 
That was a wrong move. She pulled you by your hair and pushed you down. You closed eyes ready for your head to hit the hard cold floor. But it never did. Instead it was replaced by a warm soft body. You looked up to your savior. ‘L oppa.’ He helped you up.
 
L saw exactly what happened. ‘Aish..this girl cant even protect herself.’ He was trying VERY hard to not walked over to the girls and give them a tight slap. “Detention for the three of you.” L carried you up, bridal style and brought you to the infirmary. All the students’ eyes widened. L.joe who was still in depression, saw it and was about to stop his teacher but L just zoomed pass him.
 
When you reached there, the nurse was not around. L had no choice but to tend your wound himself. “No seriously, oppa, I’m not hurt.” You tried convincing L that you’re okay. He held up a mirror. You saw there was a bruise on your cheek and your lips was bleeding a little.
 
You sighed in defeat and let L do his job. “I’m sorry for coming too late. I should have protected you.” “No, it’s not your fault. I should have listen to you and not mess with L.joe.” “That L.joe. I’m going to teach him a lesson.” You didn’t know why but you’re somehow think he’s serious about getting back at L.joe.
 
 
krys:)