[Recovered] Chapter 44

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

 

Author’s POV

The day you dreaded most came, the day of the wedding between you and Himchan.

You had to admit. The church was magnificent. It was beautifully decorated and a long red carpet was rolled out for the bride to walk on. White roses were placed everywhere. The whole place looked so holly and pure, just the fact that the groom isn’t.

“Hello beautiful.” He whispered into your ear from the back. You shuddered at his voice. “What’s with the face ? It’s our wedding today, aren’t you happy ?”

“I’m not marrying you. This whole wedding is wrong.” You snapped at him, showing him your brave side as usual.

“I don’t see what’s wrong with marrying me. I’m every girl’s dream.” He smirked. He curled your hair behind your ear. “Aren’t I the best boyfriend and most gorgeous husband in the world ?”

‘No. L.joe’s the best boyfriend and Myungsoo’s the most gorgeous husband. You are so faraway compare with them.’ But you remained silent, afraid he may throw a tantrum like the last time. “Bastard.” You muttered and walked away.

“Don’t go too far dear ! The wedding’s going to start soon. And make sure you wont dirty the gown !” you heard Himchan shouted from the back. You didn’t bother to reply, not even a nod.

You walked to the garden at the back of the church, breathing in the amazing landscape.‘Oppa, where are you ?’

“What’s the bride doing here ?” a voice said. You turned around and saw a nun standing there looking at you with her soft brown eyes. You stood there stone. There was a stunning silence until she repeated the question again.

“Why are you here young lady ? You should be in the church getting ready for the most important day of your life.” She smiled at you with the motherly look. It’s been such a long time since you saw that look. These few days you only saw Himchan’s sadistic face and that’s all.

“I’m lost,” you said. The nun looked calm and collected, as if she was waiting for you to continue.  “I’m not sure what to do.” You lift your head up and stared at the cloudless blue sky. “What should I do ?”

You heard a soft chuckle. You turned your head around to look at the nun. “What a stupid question my dear,” she gave you her tender eye smile and said “Just do what you feel like. Follow your heart, not your mind.”

With just that, she left. “Follow your heart, not your mind,” You snickered. “They all say the same thing.” You stretched your back. “Okay then.” You took off your heels and set it aside. “I really want to bring you with me but I have to follow my heart and not my mind.”

You smiled and waved at the heels and started to run in the direction of the end of the garden. ‘Wait, does that even make sense ?’ You shook your head. ‘Now is not the time. Focus ~~~~~. Focus.’ You doubled your speed and soon enough you saw the end of it.

You looked up at the high wall. “Geez, should have brought a ladder with me.” You huffed and tried to climb the walls with your bare hands. Soon enough, you reached the top. Your gown was stained and dirtied, your legs were covered with scratches and your fingertips were slightly bleeding.

You on your sore thumb. “It’s all worth it. Just a little more and I’m home again. Wait for me oppa.” You beamed happily at the thought of the comfy and warm house you shared with Myungsoo.

“Sorry to burst your bubble but I think you have a wedding to attend.” You looked and saw Himchan below you looking up at you with that sadistic smirk on his face which you felt like slapping so much.

“With the scratches and blood, your look suddenly turned so hot and beastly. The gown did the finishing touch.” He smiled admiringly at you. “Why didn’t you tell me you wanted a vampire type of concept for our wedding ? I would have agreed if you asked.”

Ignoring him, you quickly tried to flip yourself over the wall but unluckily, Himchan caught your right leg just in time. Using his mighty strength, he pulled you down from the wall. You landed down with your back on the ground. Pain crept from your right arm.

“Come on. Get up already. Or we’ll be late.” He tried to shake you but you just remained at your spot. “I broke my arm. It hurts. Please call an ambulance.” You said with tears streaming down from your eyes.

 

“No.”

 

You eyes widened. How can he say that without the slightest sympathy? His bride is lying here, bleeding with a broken arm and he still refuses to send her to the hospital. “I’ll send you there after the wedding. Now get up before I force you to.” He said coldly.

You remained still. He sighed and pulled you up with your broken arm. You screamed and shouted. The pain was horrible. You’d never been so hurt, ever. You cried and pleaded for help but no one came. Himchan’s continued dragging you like a sack of potatoes while marching towards the hall.

You were thrown into the hall. All eyes were on you now. Himchan straightened his tux and walked over to the altar and stood there like nothing had happened. Two men came and held you up while you forced yourself take small and timid steps towards the altar.

The priest gulped at the sight. It was indeed a violent marriage. But what can he do ? He is in no position to say anything. “ We are gathered here together in the presence of friends and family to celebrate one of life’s greatest relationships – the union between man and woman, which we call marriage.”

 

'Here we go.'