Chapter 29

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

 

Author’s POV

“Where have you been little lady ? Don’t you miss us ?” The couple standing in front of you said. You started to tear up. Standing in front of you were the people who abandoned you, left you and betrayed you. You stood there silently, unsure what to say.

“So now you’re rich enough to even go to clubs ? And such a luxurious club ?” Your father demanded. You were shocked. You never expected that your dad would say that. It was a whole new side of him. ‘Is he really my appa ?’ You questioned yourself.

You tried to walk away. You didn’t want to stay there any longer. When you tried to escape, your mother pulled you back by your hair. You screamed out in pain but it was covered by the booming music. “You’re rich now and so you pretend to not know us ?” Your mom asked. “No. That’s not it umma.” You whimpered pathetically.

Your parents started to bombard you with swearing and insults. You dropped on to the floor and clutched your head tightly, trying to block their cussing out but was to no avail. ‘Myungsoo oppa ! Byunghun ! Come save me please !’ Tears started to flow down like river but your parents showed no sign of stopping.

“Look yeobo.” Your mom pointed at you. “Her necklace looks expensive. And the earrings too.” Your dad nodded and grimaced. “Where did you get the money for those ?” You shook your head desperately. “Not telling ? I guess we just have to make you talk.” Right after he said that, a hard slap came across your face.

Your hand reached up and touched the side of your face where it’s burning. ‘What happened ?’ Suddenly, you can hear people screaming and shouting. “Yeobo, let’s just grab her things and make a run for it ?” Your mom suggested. ‘Where did my loving parents went ?’

Your dad reached to grab your necklace that L gave you. You sat, stoned. “Wow ! Look at the size of the diamond ! We’re gonna be rich !” You dad shouted out to your mom. People noticed you and your parents and were curious. Instantly, a crowd was formed. You heard whisperings and mumblings everywhere. Some were pitying you for having such parents, the others just laughed about it.

“Yah ! Make way or I’ll smash all of your skulls !” Someone shouted. You looked up. More tears dropped. “L.joe.” You cried out. L.joe pushed pass the crowd, sliding on to the floor on his knees. Both hands reached out and wiped your tears. Hands that was soft. Hands that was warm. Hands that made you felt protected.

“So you’re with this kid ? I see.” You dad broke the wonderful moment. “No wonder she can afford this necklace. She’s dating a rich boy.” Your mom said. “I never knew you were that kind of girl ~~~~~.” Your dad let out a nasty comment. “Mind if I ask you who the are you ?” L.joe swore. “We are ~~~~~’s parents. You must have a very bad taste choosing my daughter.” Your dad spat.

L.joe tightened his fist. Even though outside he looked unfazed but inside he was boiling hot. “It has nothing to do with you.” He said coolly and turned to you. He reached under your arm and picked you up on your feet. “Who do you think you’re to take away our daughter ?”

“I’m the son of the person in charge of this country. It gives me all right to do whatever I want and whenever I want to whoever I want. Besides, I’m her boyfriend.” L.joe said. He started to pull you away from the crowd but a tight grip hold you back. “She’s coming with us.”

“Oh no she isn’t. She’s coming with me.” The crowd made a path for the host of the club. Myungsoo walked towards the couple with Infinite behind him. “And who are you young man ?” You dad said, eyeing L up and down.

“I’m the host of this place. I’m the one who provided your daughter a shelter when you abandoned her. I fed your daughter food when you’re the one who’s suppose to do it. I gave your daughter education when you’re not around. And last but not least, I’m your daughter’s husband.” L said loudly, making sure the man before his eyes heard every single word he said.

“A boyfriend and a husband. You’re complete . A disgrace to our family, Lee ~~~~~.” You father said. “Watch your mouth you a$s.”L.joe hissed. “Let it go, tiger.” L pat L.joe’s shoulder, calming him down. “Let it go ! How can I ! They’re even robbing their own daughter.”

“Rob ?” L looked over to you to check what’s missing. “The necklace ?” He asked in a smoothing tone. You nodded, not brave to even open your mouth. “It’s okay wifey. I’ll buy you a new one with a bigger diamond on it.” L gave you his usual smile. “I can her that too ! I’ll buy you a big big house made of diamond s !” L.joe interrupted with his loud self.

“Since you’re going to buy her a new one, you wouldn’t mind if I take this ?” Your mom held up the necklace. L waved his hand, shooing them away. “Leave.” L.joe growled. L was still smiling brightly at you, doing everything he can to cheer you up.

The red mark at your cheeks caught his attention. He touched softly. You winced at the slightest touch. “Who did it ?” His tone suddenly changed into a murderous one. You shook your head. ‘If I tell, appa will get hurt.’ You kept quiet. “Who did it ?!” He screamed.

He knew the answer already. He just wanted you to tell him. He grabbed your shoulders forcefully and shook you. “Tell me ! Who did it ?!” You started sobbing. L soften at the sight. “I’m so sorry.” He brought you into his hug. “I shouldn’t have shouted at you.” L apologized. “You got that right.” L.joe declared. “You aint helping at all Lee Byunghun.”

L wrapped his jacket around you and brought you back to the office. “Oppa.” You whispered. “How did you know I was in trouble ?” You asked shakily. “Cause you’re my wife. We’re connected by soul and body.” L smiled.

 Infinite dismissed the crowd. “L.joe !” L called. “What ?” L.joe answered lazily. “Bring ~~~~~-ah into the office. I got something else to do.” L said. “Sure. It would be my pleasure.” L.joe raised both his brow. “Don’t even think about it.” L glared at L.joe before leaving.

“Woohyun hyung ! I need your help.” L went to his brother. “At your service. Just name it.” Woohyun replied without hesitation. “I want to see the couple again. 10, in the office.” L smirked.

 

krys:)