Chapter 42

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

 

Author’s POV

“Go in !” Himchan led you into a well-decorated room.

The walls were painted with faded violent colour. The furniture were mostly either purple or grey. ‘The room is nice but I still like it pink.’ You walked in with no other choice since Himchan was blocking your way. You looked back at him and realized he was smiling the whole you see him. ‘Why is all smiley ?’

“Do you like it ? I designed it myself.” He said with a –too-cheerful tone. “Err…yeah. It’s nice.” You said. ‘How can he look so innocent when he obviously kidnapped me ?’

“Then I don’t have to worry about our future house.” He said, still with a smile on his face.

“Our future house ?” You asked, slightly taken back. You still don’t understand why is he being so friendly to you . ‘Remember ~~~~~. Like L said, behind every smile there’s always a fist.’

“Look, kiddo. Number 1, I don’t know you. Number 2, I’m not marrying anyone ! Especially you !”

“But I like you for a long time.” His smile turned upside down. He looked as if he was about to cry.

‘Oh boy. Why do I feel bad for shouting at him ? Get yourself together Lee ~~~~~. He’s your kidnapper !’ You mentally slapped yourself to make sure not to fall into his trap.

Himchan looked up to you with his innocent looking eyes. “Oh no ! That’s not going to work.” You covered your eyes from the sight. ‘Come on ! Don’t fall for it ! Lee ~~~~~, you went through this so many times with L and L.joe before. You cant let your guard down.’

“But if you’re not marrying me, I’ll have to….” Himchan pouted and stopped halfway.

“You’re going to do what ?” You taunted.  “I’ll have to meet your parents.” His eyes turned dark and cold. The aura around him turned from happy and warm to cold and chilly. His sudden change of mood scared you but still you tried to put on a brave side.

“My parents ran away long time ago. I saw them ran off with my own eyes.” You gulped. You tried not to show him that you’re scared but failed. You legs were shaking uncontrollably.

“They came to see me.” Himchan said. He stretched and sat down on the bed. He patted space next to him. “Come sit. You must be tired.” You glanced at him warily. “No thanks. I’ll sit here.” You plopped down on one of the couches.

“You said my parents came to see you. What does that mean ?” You asked.

 

“You didn’t notice ?” His eyes widened. You shook your head, not understanding. “After a long time, you still didn’t know I’m the one who lent your parents the money.” He sighed. He shifted around on the bed to get a comfortable position. “Story time !” he declared with a bright smile.

 

 

“Found her yet ?” L said into his phone. “Nope. Nothing.” Woohyun said from the other line. L threw the phone to the backseat. 'Damn. Why cant I hear her any of her thoughts ?!' L.joe who was sitting on the passenger seat tensed up. No kidding. For the first time, or maybe not, L.joe is scared of L when he’s angry.

Just then, the ringing of his phone brought him back to Earth. “Talk.” He said. “Hyung, I went to the convenience store you told me and the cashier said  that he saw the whole progress of the kidnap. He may be able to help us.” Ricky shouted. L.joe winced at the volume and tried to keep himself from bursting at Ricky.

‘I sometimes wonder why we put this kid in our group.’

A familiar song started to play. “Go get my phone.” L nodded at the backseat. “What am I, a dog ?” L.joe muttered while climbing to the backseat. L stepped on the pedal and zoomed across the road so he wouldn’t need to stop for the traffic lights.

What L didn’t notice was L.joe apparently flew and knocked his head against the seat. L.joe groaned and lightly rubbed his red forehead. “Stop being a baby and answer my phone already !” L shouted. He made a quick turn and, of course, L.joe couldn’t balanced himself and knocked himself on the window.

L.joe quickly grabbed the phone and answered it. “What ?” “Put L on line.” Sungyeol said. L.joe’s eye brow twitched. “It’s the same telling me. I’ll pass the message over to that ba$tard.”

L made another turn. This time, he made sure L.joe knocked his head harder than the last time. “Oww. Okay ! I’m sorry !” L.joe screamed. “Put it on loud speaker.” L said. L.joe quickly climbed back to the front seat and put the phone on loud speaker.

“What is it hyung ?” L asked. His eyes never left the road. “I found the old geez. You know. The one that you almost killed.” The line was silent for a while. L knew Sungyeol was waiting for his reply. He stopped the car. He grabbed the front of L.joe’s shirt just in time, making sure he wont fly out. He made a terrible screech when he was doing a U-turn.

The call was ended by the other line as if Sungyeol knew what L had decided without even uttering a word. “Where are we going now ?” L.joe asked.

“Back to the club to commit a murder.”