Chapter 24

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

 

Author’s POV

“Candy !” They ran towards the shelves and ploughed through it. You were looking at some other necessities. You took some of it. ‘Wouldn’t want L to buy it again.’ You shivered at the flashback. Having L buying you pads was a BIG mistake.

You pushed the trolley towards the counter, ready to pay. Suddenly, all types of sweets were thrown into the trolley, surprising you. You looked back and saw two satisfied little boys, giggling and telling each other what they chose.

‘I sometimes really wonder if they are really gangster.’ You rolled your eyes. L paid for the things and you went to get a cab. Once home, You got out and took some bags with you and entered the house. Right when L stepped in, he swiftly turned around and shut the door at L.joe’s face.

You heard L.joe groaning outside. You went to checked on him and saw him with a running nose, the third time. You helped him and brought him in, kicking L’s leg on the way. L.joe smirked victoriously at L who’s holding onto his leg, jumping.

You got some tissue and started wiping the blood away. L.joe slowly leaned towards you little by little but you didn’t notice it. Of course, L was already boring holes into L.joe’s skull just by glaring at it. ‘One move and you are dead Lee Byunghun.’

“Done !” You smiled at your work. You cleaned up the place and went to the kitchen. L was brought back to earth when he saw you entered the kitchen. “No ! ~~~~~-ah ! I’ll cook !” He rushed over. “Let me at least make dinner. You look tired from tutoring us. I feel so bad.” You pouted. ‘Must resist !’ L scrunched his nose but in the end gave up. He shook his head and walked away.

He went back to the living room and saw L.joe casually watching tv. “Why are you still here ? Shouldn’t you go home already ? I don’t want your parents coming to my house, tracking you down.” L plopped down next to L.joe. “Nah. My old man is cool. I have my life too ya’ know.” L.joe replied.

“Old man ? How about your mom ?” L asked. “Correction, STEPmother. My old man remarried. My mum died after giving birth to me.” L.joe answered nonchalantly. L looked unfazed at all. “Let me guess, your stepmother is a complete to you ?” L asked. “A complete . She thinks she can control my life the way she wants. Always wanting me to follow every single rule.”L.joe grumbled.

Just then, the sound of your voice calling for them rang through the hallway. L stood up while offering his hand to L.joe. The latter raised a brow but in the end accepted it. At that brief moment, they do look like best friends.

They walked together to the dining room. To their horror, all they see on the plate was some black charcoal. “Err..~~~~~-ah, what is this ?” L.joe picked up the plate and examined it. “It’s a steak. Doesn’t it look like it ?” You tilted your head. “No. it looks exactly like it. Just a little….darker.” L.joe replied immediately. “Oh really ?” L smirked evilly.

L walked to the dish and cut a small piece out and shoved it into L.joe’s mouth. “How’s it ? Delicious ?” L said, still having that smirk. L.joe was going to puked but he saw your eager face. He forced himself to chew that piece of charcoal and managed to utter a ‘Delicious’.

You caught L laughing hysterically by the side while patting on L.joe’s shoulder. “Feel my pain, bro.” L laughed out. You went over and cut a small piece without them noticing. L turned around and saw you trying to taste your masterpiece. He was going to stop you but was too late. Once you put in your mouth, you immediately ran to the kitchen and rinsed your mouth.

You came out while chucking down a bottle of water. You saw L.joe still chewing on the meat. “Lee Byunghun ! Spit that out right now !” You shouted at him. “No way ! It’s nice ! You put in a lot of effort to prepare this. How can I just spit it out like that ?!” L.joe placed his hands on his mouth. “Aww. But Byunghun-ah this is not the time to be sweet. Just spit that out darling.”

After hearing that, he immediately ran to the kitchen and spit the meat out while tending his tongue with a piece of lemon. L shook his head at the disgusting sight. He fixed his gaze at the strange looking orange liquid in the bowl. “~~~~~-ah, what is this ? Orange juice ?” He went near to smell it. Wrong move.

“Holy mother of god ! What the hell is that ?!” L shouted, pointing at the bowl of ‘orange juice’. “That’s supposed to be ginseng chicken soup but I don’t know how it ended up orange.” You said while scratching your head.

L went over to you and rested his hands on both sides of your shoulder. “Never touch the kitchen. Ever again. You got me ?” L said seriously. You nodded as a response. L.joe came out from the kitchen looking as pale as a ghost. He saw the bowl of ‘orange juice’ and without thinking, he gulped it down. You and L’s eyes widened and shouted at L.joe to stop.

L.joe was confused at first but instantly know why. He rolled into a ball and went to emo in a corner.

“Poor L.joe.” L pitied.

 

krys:)