Chapter 39

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

 

Author’s POV

You walked around the school cautiously. Everyone was pointing and giving you strange looks. Who wouldn’t ? Seeing a girl looking left and right before walking down the corridor like she’s afraid there might be cars to hit her. What she didn’t know was L.joe following your every step.

L.joe’s face furrowed with worry. ‘What’s wrong with my baby boo ? She looks like she’s scared of something.’ His ears perked up when he heard you groaning. “What’s going on ?” He muttered under his breath. He peeked out from his hiding place which coincidently behind a trash can and saw you looking at your phone.

Students passed by, again giving L.joe the weird stares but he was too occupied to give a damn about it. He rose from his hiding place and crept nearer to you. Your back was facing him so you were totally unaware of him. He squinted his eyes trying to see what was on your phone but it was too late. You suddenly started running down the hallway like a freaking horse, leaving a shocked and speechless L.joe frozen at his place.

 

You felt your phone buzzed in your back pocket. Probably knowing who was it, you chose to ignore it. It’s starting to annoy the crap out of you with the continuous creepy messages. Another buzzed indicating another message received. You took out the phone. You face clearly show annoyance. “What does he want this time ?” You sighed.

 

I’m sad. You’re ignoring my messages.
That’s not how a good girl should behave.

 

Your  eye brow were almost sticking together. “What does he want from me ?” You whispered to yourself. You held your phone tight in your hand, staring intently at the screen waiting for the next message.

 

Beep Beep ~

 

Go to your locker.
Make it fast or the boy behind you dies.

 

‘Boy behind me ?’ You thought. ‘Whatever. If I want the boy behind me to live, I have to run.’ You rushed down the hallway like a rocket and stopped in front of the locker. By  then, you were already out of breath. You leaned on your locker to rest when the sound of your phone beeping interrupted.

 

Open the locker.

 

You followed, of course. Who know which innocent student he’s going to threaten you with this time. You slowly opened the locker. A ticking sound can be heard. ‘What is it ?’ You opened your locker fully and saw a countdown timer attached onto a weird gadget thing. There’s a banner hanging in your locker. You tilted your head and slowly said it out. “B-O-M-B. Bomb ?!” You backed away until your back touched the wall. You looked around, trying to get help from student who may passed by.

Strangely, the hallway was empty, with no sight of any students. “You got to be kidding with me !” You shifted your eyes back to the bomb and saw it slowly ticking with only 10 seconds left. “I should run now.” You tried to move your feet but it wouldn’t. You even tried kicking your leg. Your legs didn’t move even an inch. “Goodbye world.”

You squeezed your eyes shut. A long beep and a pop was heard. You opened your eyes and saw confetti raining down on you. “What is this ? Why didn’t it blow up ?” You walked nearer to your locker. You took the gadget into your hand and turned it upside down. “This looks exactly like a bomb buy why didn’t it blow up ?” You scratched your head, trying to figure out the answer.

 

Beep Beep ~
 

‘Here’s my answer.” You rolled your eyes and unlocked your phone.

 

Don’t worry dear. I was just playing with you.
Why would I blow you up when I love you so much.

 

krys:)