Chapter 20

My Gangster Hubby or Badass Boyfriend ?

Author’s POV

You went back class with L by your side. It was time for math lesson anyway. Students glared at you while admired L. You just rolled your eyes and picked up your speed. L knew exactly what you feel and smiled. ‘She’s cute when she’s jealous.’ He walked to your side and wrapped his hand around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him.

When L entered the class, all the girls started squealing, trying to grasp L’s attention. But sadly, he only has eyes for one girl. You walked to your seat, which had to be next to L.joe. You sat there awkwardly. You don’t know how to face him, or should I say, face him when L’s around.

L.joe nudged you. You glanced to your side. “Are you going to just ignore me for the rest of your life ?” You nodded and looked back to your handsome ‘husband’ teaching in front. You could hear L.joe sighing. Somehow, that hurt your heart. ‘Maybe I should apologize to him.’ You thought deeply.

“Or maybe you should pay attention in class, Miss Lee.” L’s voice brought you back to earth. “Sorry.” You muttered. L shook his head and resumed to his teachings. “He’s so cool.” It slipped out softly form your lips. Unfortunately, L.joe heard and all he did was snorted. You gave him a look.

After school, L came to class to get you. He smiled widely and laced his fingers with yours. You stared at him with wide-eyes. You squirmed uncomfortably. “Don’t be shy. They ought to know by now that we are very very close.” He leaned next to your ear and whispered, “So close that we can sleep next to each other every night.” He smirked seeing you blush. You slapped his chest and quicken your pace. “What ?! It’s true !”

You two left the campus, joking with each other. Happily shoving each other while the heartbroken L.joe watched you two from the class window. He felt someone tap his shoulder and shifted his gaze to the person. “The principal would like to see you.” He nodded and went to the principal’s office.

Not like a good boy, he kicked the door opened and marched in. “What do you want ?” He shot. “Please knock the door next time and opened it with your hands.” The principal frowned at his damaged door. “Talk old man, I don’t have all day.”

The principal leaned back at his leather office chair. “I’ll tell you straight then. You’re not really doing good in your studies. So I was thinking if you would like to go for any tutor ? I can get the best student to tutor you. How about Jini ? She’s the top student of the school. Why don’t you think about it ?”

L.joe scowled at the mention of her name. “No way am I going to get tutor by a like her.” “Watch your language Mr Lee.” The principal sighed, “Then is there anyone particular you could think of ?” he added. L.joe didn’t really like the idea of getting tutored by anyone. He was going to just walk away from the offer but suddenly an idea popped into his mind. He smirked ‘I’m a genius !’

***The Next Day at School***

You were in class, drawing circles on your book. ‘This teacher is so boring. I should just ask Myungsoo oppa to teach me.’ You snickered. L.joe looked at you. ‘Let’s see how long can you smile like that.’ He smirked.

There was a knock at the door. L opened the door and came in. He didn’t wear his disguise anymore which you arent really happy with. All the girls keep trying to ‘seduce’ him whenever he pass by. Sending him winks, just trying to capture his eyes. L even had the title of Ice Prince Teacher. One smirk from him can make all the girls faint.

“Can I speak with Mr Byunghun and Miss ~~~~~ ?” L asked politely to the teacher, who seems to be hypnotized. “Yes ! Of course you can !” The teacher nodded eagerly. “Thank you and sorry for interrupting.” L bowed. “Oh, you can interrupt my class anytime you want.” she purred.

You looked at her with your mouth wide open with disgust. “I’m sure there wont be a next time.” L forced a smile and walked out. You and L.joe followed him. He led you two to the abandoned music room.

“Oh my god ! That teacher scares the out of me !” L started making puking sounds and waving his hand in the air. You giggled, “And you’re still so polite with her.” He came closer to you and wrapped his hand around your waist and placed his head on your shoulder. “I need someone to wash away that horrible memory.”

L.joe cleared his throat.

He couldn’t take it anymore seeing how L cooing sweet things to you. “What d you want ? I don’t think it’s just because you want to show me the special place you two always spend time at.” He said.

“Get over it Byunghun.” You rolled your eyes at him. ‘He’s so childish at times.’ “You got that right wifey.” L agreed.

L’s expression suddenly turned serious and his tone changed to a menacing one. He went forward and grabbed L.joe’s collar. “Yah ! Myungsoo oppa, what are you doing ?! Let go off Byunghun !” You shouted when you saw L raised his fist.

“I want you to go and tell the principal you changed your mind about the tutoring thing.” L snapped. L.joe smirked, earning a punch from L. “What ? It wont kill her just tutoring me.” L tightened his grip at his collar and was about to give him another punch.

You quickly ran up and hugged his arm, shaking your head. He let go off L.joe and threw him on to the floor. You went to help L.joe. “Are you okay Byunghun ? Did Myungsoo oppa punched you hard. Let me see. Omo ! There’s a bruise !” You glared at L.

The three of you settled down and sat on the chairs available. You called, or maybe ordered, L to get a packet of ice for L.joe. At first, he refused but couldn’t afford to make you angry again. He got up and went to get it, cursing and cussing all the way out.

So there’s only the two of you left. “Byunghun-ah, does it hurt ?” You softly caressed the bruise on his cheek. “It hurts more here.” He took your hand and put it on his heart. It felt like you got shot. “I’m sorry.” You lowered your gaze to the floor.

“I don’t want to hear that.” L.joe sniffed, trying to beat back the tears. “Do you know how much it hurts when you walked away ? How I wish you would say no when I asked you about it ! I don’t even mind you lying to me ! At that moment, I just want you to hold me, telling me that it’s not true at all ! I’m the only guy you see in your eyes !” L.joe let everything buried deep in his heart flow out.

“Why didn’t you say anything ?” He cried on your shoulder. You patted his back to calm him. “Mianhe.” You mumbled into his ear. “Don’t say that ! I don’t want to hear that ! Are you sorry because it’s the truth ?! Are you and L going out ?!” He looked so frightened, like a boy who lost his mother.

“Byunghun-ah~” You whispered his name. “Don’t tell me ! Of course you two are dating. I’m just blind and dumb to admit it.” He said. L.joe stood and grabbed you by the shoulder. “Tell you what. I’m not letting you go that easy. You’ll be seeing me a lot these days. This time I’ll make sure you’ll be mine forever.” he said and left you confused at his words.

L met L.joe at the door. L.joe snatched the ice out from L’s hand and gave him a smirk. “Don’t make me rip that smirk off your face.” L warned him dangerously. L.joe scoffed and walked off.

L went in and found you sitting there with your forehead creased. “What are you thinking so hard ?” He said and took a seat next to you. “Nothing.” you shrugged it away. “By the way, why were you so angry just now ? It isn’t like you to burst so randomly.”

“Didn’t you know ?” he asked, with amusement in his tone. “Know what ?” You tilted your head to the side.

“You’re going to be L.joe’s tutor from today onwards.”

 

krys:)