Higher or Lower...

Poisoned Kisses...

A/N: Fufufufufufu continuing where Sunny-sama had left off!! Hehehehe let's enjoy a bit of gamble in our lives nyaknyaknyaknyak!! Thanks again for the support guys love yah!!! love yah all!!!!!!!! fufufufufufufu (+_+)


"Then give me your crystal"

 

"Y-You've gotta be kidding me right?" Sooyoung turned nervously at Sunny who just had a blank face, "Nope" she answered monotonously, "W-What? No way!" She pulled herself back, slightly taken aback by Sunny's change in attitude as well as her blank face. The cute Sunny she knew seemed like a cold, mean lady who just stared at her. "I thought you said, you trusted me?" Sunny raised her eyebrow, "B-But" Sooyoung stuttered, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Tiffany holding it and smiling slightly, "Give it to her, Soo. This is Sunny, she knows what she's doing." the eye-smiling girl reassured her. Sooyoung looked at Sunny who still had a blank face on, and eventhough it was against her will, she finally took out the silver crystal that hung from her neck. She clenched it in her fist and pulled it out, stretching her hand infront of Sunny. She looked away before opening it.

Sunny took the crystal from Sooyoung and held it by the string, Sooyoung sighed heavily and walked away with a heavy heart. She wiggled it infront of her, taunting the demons who now looked more interested than before. "So, wanna play?" She asked, and slowly they all resumed their previous posts. She slowly placed it on top of the table in front of her. She could see the middle man and her opponent eyeing each other. She had the gut feeling this wasn't a normal gamble, but they needed the money. "The rules are simple, I shuffle these cards and cut the deck. Then I'll place 10 cards, with their backs facing you of course and both of you will choose one card each, which I'll hold up infront of your foreheads. You'll then take a guess if your card is higher or lower than your opponent's, the one who guesses right, wins. Oh and one last thing, the deck is void of kings, queens and jacks. Any objections?" the middle man explained and turned to her, "Yeah, actually I do." she said calmly, the middle man raised his eyebrow and so did her opponent. "The bets aren't even." she pointed out, "I want all the gold chips you have, if you guys wanna play against me." she added. The middle man and her opponent looked at each, before agreeing. Her opponent took out a brown bag and placed its contents on the table. "That's a thousand gold chips, Miss." the middle man grinned evily but she just gave a small nod. 

"Wait!" Tiffany shouted, garnering everyone's attention. She ran towards Sunny and whispered something, Sunny just gave a small nod. She turned and ran back to the other 7 girls waiting. "Can we start, Miss?" the middle man asked, and Sunny just gave a confident smile. The middleman revealed a deck of cards, "Wait! Let me see that deck first." Sunny opened her palm, gesturing the middle man to give her the cards. The middle man who was slightly irritated revealed his fangs but gave in to her anyways. She took it and for a while, examined it, then she gave it back. The middle man grinned and began shuffling the deck of cards, first with an overhand shuffle, then a dovetail before finishing it with a cut in the middle which divided the deck into two equal halves. He placed the bottom deck on the table and began distributing 10 cards each using the top deck. When he finished, he placed the top deck on top of the bottom deck, and gestured for each player to choose a card. Her opponent confidently pushed the fourth card from his left slightly forward and grinned. Sunny smiled back and pushed the last card on her right. She could see the middle man and her opponent slightly smiling. Amateurs she thought.

Sooyoung was pacing back and forth, she was worried. She trusted Sunny but the bet was her crystal. The crystal she just gained a couple of hours ago. She rubbed her head in frustration and kept sighing before she felt herself being headlocked. "Yah!" she shouted at Yuri who managed to wiggle her while still keeping her in a headlock. The tanned girl and Taeng where giggling and she felt more and more irritated. "Cut it out, Yuri." Jessica glanced at them before looking back at Sunny who had a card on her forehead. "Don't worry guys. She'll win" Tiffany reassured them, "How'd you know unnie?" Seohyun asked, but Tiffany remained silent.

"I'll count to three, and both of you will tell me if your card is higher or lower" The middleman instructed. The monster snorted at Sunny, still half-smiling at her, looking ever so confident. Sunny closed her eyes and held her chin. She looked like she was thinking deeply, "One" the middle man and monster kept smiling at each other. "Two" Sunny still remained in the same position, "Three!"

"Higher!" (monster opponent) "Higher and Lower" (Sunny), the middleman looked at Sunny stunned by her answer, while the monster stood up from his position and slammed the table with his fist, "You can only say one asnwer b*tch!" he growled at Sunny. Sunny just opened her left eye and smiled before closing it again. She remained silent, which provoked the monster more. He gritted his teeth and grabbed her by the collar, "Are you messing with me?!" he shouted at her, "No" she opened her eyes and answered calmly, "My card IS higher and lower than yours" she shoved his hands away. She looked at him with a stern face and fixed her collar, "Your card was an Ace of Spades, right?" the monster and middleman were taken aback, "No matter what I choose from the 10 cards infront of me, it wouldn't change a thing, cause if I argue that my card is lower than yours then you'd say that Aces are a part of the royal suite, but if I argue that my card is higher then you'd say that Aces are lower because they represent the first number in the deck." she concluded, the other two's jaws dropped, "So it means, I won" Sunny wore the silver crystal around her neck and began gathering the golden chips on top of the table and sliding them inside the brown bag that once held them. She was about to walk away when she felt a hand gripping on her arm. "Wait just a minute, Miss" it was the middleman. His fangs showed and the rest of the people who looked like spectators were slowly surrounding Sunny, "I don't think we're finished yet." he added and his grip tightened. Sunny turned to him but suddenly a huge broad sword with bandages had found its way on his neck.

"Let go of my Bunny, dude!" Soo shouted, holding the large sword with only one hand, beside her was Taeng and Yuri who also summoned their demon swords. The fake spectators were about to lunge at them but their feet were frozen on the ground, "Going somewhere?" Jessica smiled sarcastically, Tiffany crossed her arms and pink saucers hovered near their necks, Hyo just faked shooting a gun at them and blowing on it. Yoona's swords had cornered Sunny's opponent and Seohyun held a dark orb in her hand, ready to release it to anyone who tries to charge at Sunny or any of her unnies.The middleman lossened his grip on Sunny and raised his hands in defeat, soon he felt his feet up to his body being frozen on the ground. Sunny just gave him a sardonic smile before turning and walking away with the other eight.

The nine girls walked aimlessly around the city, it felt like the sudden introduction of technology stirred their hearts and for once it felt like they were back home... only they weren't. It didn't bother them though as they enjoyed the big lights and the smooth pavement. Walking had never been so enjoyable. They talked and joked and laughed as if they were tourists in a new country. "Ah... it would've been better if I had my phone. We could've taken selcas" Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon, who just smiled back. "CANDY!!" Sooyoung and Yoona said in unison as they ran towards a candy shop, Taeyeon soon followed giddily as well. The others just smiled at the giddy kids before following them. "I want this, this, this, this,... oh and this, this, this." Yoona kept pointing at different types of candies and chocolates in the store. Seohyun just sighed and kept telling her "No" at everything she pointed out. "I hope they sell gummy worms." Taeyeon mumbled as she browsed through the variety of candy. Tiffany just smiled and jumped happily when she found a strawberry flavoured heart shaped lollipop. "Guys, you can only buy one, okay? We need to save on money!" Sunny shouted, and while everyone else nodded, Yoona and Sooyoung sighed. Sooyoung picked a box full of chocolate bars and headed to the counter where Sunny was, "Yah! I already said just one." Sunny pulled her cheek, "It is.. this is considered just one meal for me. So I just picked one." Sooyoung explained as she rubbed her cheek. Yuri was browsing through the chocolate section with Jessica, she kept furrowing her eyebrows and picking up boxes but returning them anyway. "Just pick one, Kwon." Jessica rolled her eyes and continued browsing as well. Yuri sighed and walked away, "Yah! Kwon, Yuri" Jessical called her and she turned to face the annoyed girl. "They don't have the brand you like." She answered before sighing again. She didn't notice the surprised look on Jessica's face, "You still... remember?" Jessica lowered her head shyly and blushed. "How could I forget? I had to get a box everytime you were mad at me when we were in middle school." Yuri jokingly answered. Jessica pouted and walked away, but a small smile could be seen creeping from her lips. 

"Guys, let's go. We still have to find a place to stay." Hyo shouted, and everyone gathered around Sunny, who paid for everything. They walked around the city in search for a cheap hotel to stay the night, but all of the cheap hotels were fully booked and the remaining ones were too expensive. "What're we gonna do now, unnie?" Yoona asked, "There!" Sooyoung pointed at a small bricked building with a red signboard and huge heart sign in front. "I-Is that, what I think it is?" Tiffany stuttered, "Yup." Hyoyeon answered simply, "But.. Unnie.. I-I've never.." Seohyun mumbled, "We don't really have a choice and the Byuns and their follower Yoona already ran inside." Sunny sighed. "I just wanna sleep." Jessica added. The four other girls sighed but they all entered the motel anyway.

The Byun Trio were already talking to a short old man with a long beard at the reception. Sunny approached them and poked Sooyoung's back turning her attention towards her, "So? Do they have rooms?" Sunny asked, the shikshin smiled widely and showed her a sort of brochure with the following words:

Daddy P's All Year Round Package!

Get 3 Couple Suites and Get one free!!

Breakfast Included!!

With the very low price of 50 golden chips per room!!

"See, so cheap!!" Sooyoung jumped happily and gave a high five at Yoona, Taeng and Yuri who were grinning and giggling with her. Sunny just sighed and nodded in approval, she gave 150 golden chips to Sooyoung and walked towards the other girls waiting. "We'll get the package old man" Sooyoung happily handed the chips and in return the old man gave her four key cards. "Ho ho ho ho, enjoy your stay." the old man smirked at them and gave them a knowing look, the four responded with a wide smile. Sooyoung gave a card to each of the other three, they formed a small circle and gave each other a 'hwaiting' before turning and gathering up with the remaining members. "Where are the keys?" Sunny opened her palm at Sooyoung, "Yes unnie, let's decide on who's going to sleep together." Seohyun added. The three Byuns just crossed their arms and Yoona followed as well. They had their chin up and were smiling confidently at the other girls, "WE get to choose." Sooyoung answered, "Yeah, Sica's sleeping with me." Yuri quickly grabbed Jessica's hand and began walking away. "Yup, Fany's mine tonight." Taeng moved and grabbed Tiffany's hand as well. Sooyoung glared at Yoona, who was standing still. Yoona got the message and walked up in front of Seohyun and pulled her away as well. Sooyoung grinned widely and Sunny just sighed. 

"A-Ahem.." Hyoyeon interrupted, "What about me?" she asked, Sooyoung widened her eyes and before she could react, Sunny had already jumped infront of the blonde girl and embraced her, "You're my saviour!" Sunny shouted, while Sooyoung face-palmed and sighed in defeat. "Tsk tsk tsk, all that planning tsk tsk tsk" Hyoyeon commented sarcastically, as she moved towards Sooyoung and rubbed her back to console the once again defeated giant.

 

"Your time will come, Soo. Your time will come."


A/N: Nyaknyaknyak the next chapter will be the umm... how should I say this... the more intimate scenes I guess, nyaknyaknyaknyak (+_+) My fellow Byuns, your time has come!!! Rise!!! Wahahahahahahahahaha (^0^)

See you guys in the next chapter ~~~~~~~~~