Accepting

Hidden Lust - Rewriting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I didn't see her for a while after that, I went to work with the hope of maybe her coming in to just say 'Hi' or something but, nothing. Maybe I was selfish, but I wanted her to try to make me fall for her. It made me feel loved for the first time in a long while...not loved by a family member or a friend or even a dog. Loved unconditionally by someone who I once shared something really special with.

I sighed as I attended my evening shift, there was only so much acting fake I could do. 'Put on a smile' I was told, 'Be helpful'.


So I bit my tongue while these kids were arguing about whether to get a racing game or a shooting one while in front of me. Their high pitched shrieks hitting my ears like nails to a chalkboard, further affecting my mood.
I plastered the smile on my face as they finally approached me and held out both games. Really? Why fight if you can have both? Urgh, I hate kids.

As I bagged up their games and sent them on their way...she finally turned up, catching me off guard. 


"Hi" she smiled when she entered.

"Hi" I gave a small smile back, unsure of what else to do.


She nodded at me before browsing through the shelf in front that was full of romance movies, I watched her every move. She caught me staring a few times and smiled again but then placed her attention back onto the movies.


"Are you here to buy a movie Taeyeon?" I asked

"Maybe" she replied. "Can you recommend anything?" That smirk, god it still managed to affect me somehow.

"Hmm...." I wondered aloud as I left the counter and approached her, keeping my distance though. "What genre are you looking for?"

"Well....." She said as she picked up a movie to look at the description before putting it back. "I don't know whether to subject myself to a romance or watch a horror..." She turned to me, awaiting my response.

"If you'd have to subject yourself to watching a romance movie then I suggest the latter" I smiled playfully back.

"Alright, what's the best horror movie here? I'm sure as you work in a DVD store you've watched many and you're eager to help me pick" She leaned her elbow on top of the shelf and ran her hand through her hair while keeping intense eye contact...she was flirting with me.

"Ha. Ha." I said sarcastically making her chuckle. "Just pick one like a normal person." I rolled my eyes before retreating back to my counter.
She smirked again and went out of sight to the horror section. She was there for around five minutes until she returned, movie in hand.

"Your customer service skills are exceptional" she said while I scoffed at her sarcastic comment. I grabbed the movie from her and recognised the title.

"Insidious 2 huh? I've heard it's good..." I mumbled, it was more of a thought than anything.

"Same" she replied and watched me as I took her money, narrowly avoiding her electrical fingertips and placed it inside the till. I gave her her bag but she didn't leave, to be honest I didn't want her to either. "So...when do you finish?" She asked, the smile still plastered on her face.

"Um...." I looked at the clock and saw time had flied by while she had been here. "Ten minutes" 

"Hm, are you busy?"

"Well yes, I'm working" I joked back

"You're so funny Tiffany." She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah yeah, you love it" I chuckled only to realise soon after what I had said.


Silence ensued as we looked into each others eyes. Her smile disappeared and we stayed there for a while until I finally peeled my gaze away from her. I shifted awkwardly and leaned down to get my bag after seeing the time, my shift was finished.
My colleague came in soon after, taking over so I could go home. 


"I uh...gotta go" I said as Taeyeon and I exited the store.
 
"Oh" she replied, lowering her head in disappointment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter