I'm Not Stupid

Hidden Lust - Rewriting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


I was exhausted. I had barely slept as I thought about how harsh I had been on her. You may be asking what the hell was I thinking...but It's not easy to take back someone who you trained yourself to live without. I felt the shivers when she had touched me, but I also felt uncomfortable, like it wasn't natural.

I wasn't the same person as I was when I had met her. I wasn't the bold, outspoken, cocky Tiffany Hwang, the hottest girl in school that boys drooled over.
I was just Tiffany. Plain and simple Tiffany.


I got up and went to her room, opening the door just a little to see her in the middle of getting dressed, her bra only now being clipped on. I shut the door immediately, not wanting to see.


"I'm waiting outside for you" I said and proceeded to do just that.


Soon she came out, her eyes puffy, her makeup from the day before streaked with tears and her hair disheveled. She looked far from the goddess I had remembered.
She followed me downstairs and sat at the kitchen table we had once worked at while I fed the dogs and then cooked some breakfast. 

Yes, I was cooking. She seemed surprised too.


"You learnt to cook"

I nodded. "Since I was pulled out of school, I had a lot of time to waste"


Silence ensued after that. I used it to gather my thoughts and push them aside while I stacked the pancakes onto two plates and then set the table, complete with maple syrup.


"How did you do?" She asked, regarding my exams

"Surprisingly, I passed everything. Mostly B's and C's but some A's too"

She smiled a little. "Well done" I nodded my head and lowered my gaze again.

 

She wasn't eating, she just stared as I prodded the food on my plate, a habit I had picked up. I now enjoy cooking, but from my weight you could tell I didn't eat much of my own food, or any food for that matter

I popped a small piece of the pancake in my mouth, chewed and swallowed it before poking it again, all under the eye of Taeyeon.


"Have you gone to see a doctor?" She asked as she finally cut up her breakfast and ate.

"About?"

"Well I think it's obvious what about" she replied, motioning towards my actions

"Well it depends what you're asking about. Is it my depression, my anxiety, my anorexia or my insomnia you're referring to?" I asked, wincing slightly as she put down her fork rather hard onto the plate and proceeded to stare. I lowered my gaze, not wanting to see what her eyes were saying.

"You suffer from all of those?" She asked in a worried tone, I nodded to confirm. "Have you been given treatment?"

"I was prescribed anti-depression tablets, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety meds and a diet guide to follow ..."

"And?"


I cleared my throat awkwardly, not wanting to answer. Then I was saved by the bell, or not.
My father entered the room.


"Mm Tiff that smells go..." he stopped when he saw we weren't alone. "Oh, hello." He smiled warmly when he saw her.

"Hello" Taeyeon replied, bowing her head. This was going to get bad fast.

"I'm Tiffany's father, and you are?" He asked.

"My uh...my name is Taeyeon" she said as she gave an awkward smile.

"Taeyeon....where have I heard that name before?" He wondered aloud. , , . "What's your surname Taeyeon?"


She took a deep breath and replied. "Kim"


He repeated her name as he tried to remember. "Kim Taeyeon...Kim Taeyeon, Kim Taey..." And there it was, the realisation on his face. The friendliness turned to anger almost immediately.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He growled

"I..." Taeyeon looked scared so I jumped in

"We bumped into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter