Faded

Hide & Seek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Faded

 

 

Once class is released, I fall back into my seat and relesase a grateful sigh. I managed to get through class without being called on which is a wonder since I fell asleep nearly thrice. I'm guessing my teacher is being lenient towards me since he knows I run the design department for our publishing team. He must know how busy we are right now.

I scan the lecture hall, wanting to catch up with my classmate Donggeun. My eyes land on him and a girl, them holding hands while sauntering out of class. Blinking in surprise, I watch as they disappear out the door.

I didn't know Donggeun got a girlfriend.

Hyeran and her friend are squealing to one another, ponytails bobbing around. Not wanting to dampen the mood with my tired self, I chuck my things messily into my bag and stroll out, eyes barely open. Joining the crowd, I wander drearily to a corner, running through the things I need to do. The designs for the singing competition aren't done yet and the Drama Club kids want a poster for their upcoming play.

I've got to pull myself together. Inhaling deeply, I brace myself to last and trudge down the hallway.

Oh god, this isn't working. I can feel myself keeling over any minute now. I shouldn't have pulled two consecutive all-nighters...

I'll just go catch some sleep down at the library. An hour wouldn't hurt, right?

Walking sluggishly to the library, I rush to a seat by the corner away from the librarian's direct view. Hopefully, she doesn't do her rounds today and I won't get sent out. Settling down in the chair, I shiver slightly at the cold wind blowing directly at me. It's freezing but this will have to do...

Texting Jongup that I'll be waiting for him at the library, I drift off into sleep the moment my head hits the table, buried within my arms. Hours fly past without my knowledge and I wake up to a tap on the shoulder, Jongup's face hovering above mine in concern.

"Hyung," he whispers, shaking me gently. He blows at my ear, chuckling when I groggily swat him away. Glancing to the clock, I snap my eyes fully open upon seeing the time. It's six. I slept for four hours and my stuff are due tomorrow. I let out a guttural groan, dropping against the chair and leaning my head all the way back.

We gather my things and hurry out as the li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter