Distances

Hide & Seek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Distances

 

 

I decided to stop by Coffee Cojjee in the morning to get something for Himchan. I realised he was probably acting weird because the stress was getting to him. Senioritis, Chanshik was yesterday to the class about how he was cursed with it early and it's the equivalent of a mid-life crisis.

Briskly strolling to the café, I pace in to see the place completely empty, scent of roasted coffee beans permeating the air. Zelo sits by the counter in a plain shirt and shorts wolfing down some eggs, fortunately in one piece. He grins, casting me a wink and combing through his bed hair.

"I'm glad you're still here," I chuckle.

Chen pokes out his head from the kitchen, mouth stuffed with a sandwich. He's wearing the uniform of the music academy not too far from here. He swallows down his food and puffs out a long breath.

"I thought I finally got him good but I should have expected otherwise. We are talking about Jaejoong-hyung."

Chen muffles back a scream as Zelo slaps him in the face.

"Hyung, you goddamn-"

Zelo's strings of vulgarities is censored by Chen's battle cry, them wrestling one another over the partition. Someone enters, a breeze sweeping in, and he pulls off his hat. 

"Kids, better keep it down if you don't want Jaejoong to fire you guys," he sniggers.

"Says the one who's late, Junsu-hyung," Zelo shoots back.

"I know Jaejoong said free food for all staff, but isn't this pushing it? Coming here during the morning shift," Junsu muses. He ignores Zelo's grumbles, walking over to the counter and sending me a smile.

"How may I help you?"

"An iced americano." I bend down, peering at the cakes in the display. "And a caramel raspberry mousse cake."

Junsu nods, ambling away to prepare my order.

"You should have rightfully died by Jaejoong-hyung's hands," Chen mutters, disappointed.

Zelo threateningly holds up a fist. "He'll catch you one day saying his name, hyung. Mark my words."

I hold back a laugh, watching the two glare at one another.

"What happened?" I ask, Chen pulling his lips to the side in annoyance.

"Zelo got-"

"Hey!" Judging from the way Chen and Zelo cowered instinctively, I'm guessing that's their boss. "Yunho's been waiting outside for five minutes! Get your asses into the car or you guys can kiss your ride to school goodbye."

"Crap, I haven't changed yet," Zelo whimpers, to which Chen snickers heartily. He hurriedly grasps his bag and a cookie from the shelves, rushing out a goodbye. 

"See you in school, babe."

"What?"

Zelo and Chen are out the door before I can say another word. 

"Brats," the man I'd seen the other day emerges from the backroom, arms folded.

Junsu chuckles, handing me a box along with my drink. "Have a good day."

I make it to school with just five minutes to spare, having missed my usual train. I dash into Himchan's class, darting over to his seat. The teacher's already inside and the class turns behind to stare at us. Himchan blinks at me in surprise as I pass him the coffee and cake, earning a coo from one of the girls.

"Hyung, fighting," I manage to splutter before scrambling to my class. I should have woken up way earlier.

Classes pass like the rattling of an old train, the sound of click clacks or dull taps echoing every time the bell rings. The moment break arrives, the students in my class leap up from their seats, Jihoon letting out a justified roar of hunger. Since our class has a weird subject combination, we've g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter