Caught Up

Hide & Seek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Caught Up

 

 

"Hey, nerd."

I continue typing furiously away on my laptop, keeping my eyes on the screen. The designs for the school magazine are due by tomorrow and I don't have time to entertain someone like Kim Himchan.

He settles down beside me, grinning and putting an arm around my shoulders. Honestly, I noticed him since a few minutes ago before he even opened his mouth. Himchan has a really strong presence so it's hard not to notice him. Coupled with that boisterous voice, you won't miss him even from a mile away.

Fingers rattling against the keyboard, I breathe a sigh of relief once I finish up the final text. I squint a little, my perfectionist personality eating at the ends of my mind.

It'll do. I close my laptop and lean back into Himchan's hold. The shade of the tree in our school garden is just right for today, the sun burning itself into the grass. I glance around at the other students having lunch, chattering away. It kinda makes me feel uncomfortable that I'd been alone with so many clusters of people before Himchan came. I hadn't noticed.

"Seriously," Himchan says, tugging my computer away. I let out a soft whine, making grabby hands at my precious beloved. My computer and I have been inseparable ever since I started graphics designing.

"You need a girlfriend."

I turn to him, mustering the most exasperated face I can. "Hyung, how many times are you going to bug me about that?"

"All day, every day," Himchan cheekily counters, pulling me towards him. "You need to stop all your Tumblr and get a love life."

I glare at him, folding my arms. "I don't use Tumblr, ."

Himchan ignores me and continues to ramble, "Do you want to be stuck in your basement at your parents' house when you're forty?"

I pause, trying to think of a witty comeback but failing to. It's hard to bite back at Himchan because he is quite essentially perfect to most people. I think he's a pretty crappy person all in all, but well, I can't deny how well-rounded he is. Sociable, sporty, he's got his studies all figured out too.

I met Himchan through orientation last year, since Himchan seems to have some sort of obsession for the new batch of students every year. He goes to the orientation camp so as to pick his favourite junior of the year. I was the unlucky guy for my batch while Jongup's the poor guy who was chosen last year. This year, Himchan hasn't had the time, since he's a senior now.

Even though our personalities are quite opposite, Himchan is still one of my closest friends. I've been dreading this year for a while because it's Himchan's senior year so he'll be graduating—but I'll never tell him that.

"It takes two hands to clap, hyung," I end off lamely, watching as Himchan turns towards me with a bright smile.

"Come on. People will love you if you weren't such a social hermit." He grasps my cheeks, tugging at them.

I slap his hands away with a pained yelp, glowering at him.

"Socialising." I wave my hands, doing simple gestures so the dumm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter