Chapter 31

Dance Into My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes.. A counter proposal... I guess you guys are not aware about how popular Shin Hye is getting since you were both away on a trip and not even bothered to switch on your phones at least!"

"Hahahaha. Sorry Hyung~~"

"Hehehe. Mianhae Kwon Oppa~~"

Mr. Kwon showed Min Ho and Shin Hye the video that was uploaded.

"Just look at the number of views and the positve responses for this video!" Mr. Kwon stated.

"So what has this got to do with the proposal?"

"Well.. I've spoken to Sajang-nim about it and..."

"Come on Hyung... spit it out already..." Min Ho said while feeling anxious.

"And.. the agency would like to propose to you a contract with us and we would like to have you on board."

"Mwo?!" Are you kidding me?" Min Ho replied in shocked.

"Nope I am not kidding you."

Even though Min Ho was all worked up , the person involved was quietly sitting on her chair. 

"What's wrong Shin Hye?" Mr. Kwon asked.

"Don't you like it? Don't you want to be star at our agency?" He continued.

Min Ho turned to Shin Hye to face her.

"Aren't you going to accept it?"

"Errr... Well... I want to keep my options open."

"Huh?! Don't you wanna work with me in the same agency?"

"I think I would like to be agency-free."

"But why?" Mr. Kwon asked.

"I rather do freelance work then be bounded by agency. I want to be a free artist."

"Shin Hye.. I think it would be good for you to give some thoughts about it first before confirming your decision. In the meantime I'm going to put this contract on hold first."

Shin Hye kept quiet.

Min Ho was taken aback by her decision and walked out of the office.

"Shin Hye.. It's better for you to talk to him about it. It seems like he doesn't know your plans."

"Neh.. Kwon Oppa. Thank You."

............ 

Shin Hye followed after Min Ho. He went all the way to the building's rooftop. He stood there to take a breather. Shin Hye walked towards him and stood by his side without saying a word. The both of them remain silent for a moment.

"Why didn't you want that contract?" Min Ho began to speak.

"Because I had a talk with Yoochun Oppa the other day."

"And?"

"After weighing out the options, I rather be agent-free. I don't think my personality will fit into the system of having an agency."

"So you talked to Yoochun Hyung but not me? Does it have to be this way?"

"Do we see any other way? Plus.. Oppa has seek my help for JYJ's upcoming comeback. I can't reject him since they had helped you with your album."

"You can still sign the contract and help them..."

"I don't want to Oppa."

"Do you know what it means right if you don't sign the contract and the fact that you are getting the public interest?"

Shin Hye went quiet again.

"It means that we won't be able to see each other as often."

"We'll try to make it work at least. We'll play around with our schedules." Shin Hye replied trying to convince Min Ho. 

"Shin Hye... If only it was that simple I would have not get riled up like this."

"I think you should really think about it Shin Hye." Min Ho said as he walked away leaving Shin Hye standing at the rooftop overlooking the cars that were passing by on the busy road.

Shin Hye was now faced with a dilemma. Love vs Career. She knew the amount of committment required once she get on board on a new project. And she was keen to work with JYJ who still has a huge fandom and is spreading internationally. She wanted to widen her network and if she was to sign on with an agency, she would not be able to plan her own path and choose her own projects. As much as she love Min Ho, she wanted to be able to stand on her two feet.  

It was not long before Shin Hye received multiple love calls from broadcasting stations nationwide. The stations were calling the agency to find out more about Shin Hye and wanted her to feature in their programmes.

Min Ho and Shin Hye who has not seen each other since that incident would meet again for the very first time in Mr. Kwon's office.

*knock knock*

"Come in~~~." Mr. Kwon said.

Entering the room was Shin Hye. Present in the room was Mr. Kwon and Min Ho.

"Hyung.. You didn't tell me she would be coming." Min Ho said as he wanted to stand up and leave.

"Min Ho.. Sit down.. You're not going anywhere." Mr. Kwon told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter