Chapter 37

My Little Imagines

Tonight you were going to a pool party. And of course you were dreading it. One; you had to wear swim wear which just made you feel terribly insecure, and two; you couldn't swim.
You and your best friend, Jimin, were sitting beside the pool in deck chairs watching everyone else jumping in the pool, splashing and swimming.
Jimin was the only one who knew your secret, and he was the only one who would stay with you. When you were younger you had nearly drowned and after that you refused to get in water again.
But there was a problem. You knew at some point you would have to get in the pool. Probably because of that one guy you kinda had feelings for. Yoongi; and you were pretty sure he had feelings for you too.
Sure enough, he came strutting out of the house and jumped straight into the pool with no hesitation. You watched as he swam past the guys throwing someones hat about and attached himself to the poolside before you. 
"Y/n come in!" He motioned with his hand and you saw it drop as you shook your head.  
"Why not?"    
You racked your brain for an excuse. "I just ate."
He shot you a look and you thought he would come drag you in, but instead he swam away.
You felt Jimins hand on your arm and he gave you a sympathetic look.
"If you told him, I'm sure he would understand."
"I know but... I just can't."
The party flew past and pretty soon it was night. You had sat by the pool the whole night, bored and it was time to go home, Jimin had already left earlier.
You got up and started to leave but you heard someone call your name. "Y/n! Wait!" You turned to see Yoongi jumping out of the pool and coming over to you.
"I've barely seen you tonight. You didn't come in the pool."
"I know..." Should you tell him now? "I'm sorry but -"
"Can't you swim?" His eyes caught yours and you shook your head, tearing yourself away from his gaze.
"Well come on. I'm gonna teach you. We can start in the shallow end."
Before you knew what happened, you found yourself in Yoongi's arms in the shallow end of the pool. For some reason, you weren't as panicked as you normally would be.
As Yoongi's arms wrapped further around your waist, he lent down and whispered in your ear. "I already knew by the way. Jimin told me."
That boy was absolutely terrible at keeping secrets. You found yourself laughing and relaxing into his arms, before realising where you were and tensing again.
"Y/n you don't have to be scared you know. I won't let you drown. I have never and will never let anything hurt you."
You knew. He was one of the kindest boys you had met. It was one of the reasons you liked him so much.
The water splashed against you and you felt yourself tense again, your hand tightly grasping Yoongi's arm. Then you noticed how close his face was. The next thing you knew, his wet lips were against yours. He pulled away, still holding you up, and smiled.
"I told you swimming wasn't that bad."