Nothing

My Little Imagines
A/N: this one is a bit sad
 
 
They were virtually inseparable since they met 10 years ago, aged 7. And now they were back in the same place they met: the local hospital, ward 8, room 321. Except this time they both knew the inevitable was right around the corner.
Jeon had been diagnosed with mitochondrial myopathies when he was 6 years old. It was a terminal illness that eventually results in death. But so far he lived past the life expectancy for children with this disease. Jeon like to think it was because of Taehyung. He had befriended him when Jeon was at his worst and even the doctors believe that Tae has increased his health.
The bond that the two boys shared was something else; it was magical and nothing could ever come between them. Well, almost nothing.
Jeon was on his death bed, Tae hadn't left his side since he collapsed on their daily walk yesterday.
~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~
"Muum it hurtss fix it!"
Taehyung was at the hospital. He had broken his arm and was squirming about while the doctor was trying to wrap it in a cast.
"Taehyung sit still and the nice doctor will do it".
His mother had been called out of work and was growing increasingly frustrated.
Once the cast had been put on Tae was hungry. His mother left him in the ward while she went to find the canteen. She had told Tae to sit still, but, being the wandering soul he was, he had started walking around. For some reason he was drawn to the room 321. The door was slightly ajar so he peaked through, shocked at what he saw. Doctors were crowded round a bed with all this machinery connected to the patient. And the patient: one of the smallest, palest boys Tae had ever seen. Curiosity got the better of him and he snuck in to the corner of the room to get a better look. The strange boy was obviously in pain, but he wasnt saying anything. The boy noticed Tae and stared at him. The doctors stepped back and then they too noticed Tae much to their shock.
"Hey, kid what are you doing? You cant be in here".
It was no use. Tae had already got up and was walking towards the bed fixated by the boy. He held out his hand when he reached the bed.
"My names Kim Taehyung. What's yours?"
The boy looked at him with wide-eyes.
The doctor interfered, "kid its no use; he doesn't speak".
Then much to everyones surprise, the boy gripped Taes outstretched hand and out came a squeak
"Jeon Jeongukk".
That was the beginning of their friendship, and little did they know it, it would become more like a brotherhood
~~~~~~FLASHBACK OVER~~~~~~
Jeon nudged Tae who had fallen asleep in his own arms beside the bed.
Tae jumped and then regained his senses, smiling when he saw Jeon.
"Can you guess what I was thinking of?"
Lately the both of them had been thinking about that day. In the space of ten years they had created several memories that they both treasured. They would both be losing the thing that meant the most to them.
Tae cupped Jeons hand in his and they both smiled, knowing they would be safe, knowing it would all be okay.
~~~~~~~5 YEARS LATER~~~~~~~
Taehyung had never really been the same since Jeon left. It was like he had lost his spark. He had a major argument with his mother which was yet to be resolved. As a result Tae had moved to the south coast and been employed by a big company that were researching disease cures. It made him feel better, like he was helping more people.
Jeon was still in his heart, but occasionally he just lost it. It was his secretary on this sunny day that found Taehyung slumped in his chair crying his eyes out still in yesterday's clothes hugging the now ragged teddy bear that Jeon had won at the fair they went to together.
But like this teddy bear, Jeon was irreplaceable. Nothing would make up for his presence not being there.
Nothing.