Happy Birthday Beautiful

My Little Imagines

You walked into the living room, then spun and faced Tae, placing your hand on his chest.

"Ugh, Tae," you groan.

In the the middle of the floor there was a giant box wrapped in paper.

"I told you I didn't want anything big or expensive for my birthday."

Tae smiled and lent down to peck your forehead. He lead you over to the box.

"Y/n. You are my girlfriend and it is your birthday. I love you. I'll spend as much money on you as you want!"

He was being cheeky now. You stuck your tongue out at him and then went to untie the big ribbon on top of the box, then pulled off the wrapping paper. You opened the huge box expecting something totally different to what was in there. You thought for a moment it was completely empty, then you noticed a small jewellery box and an envelope in the corner. You reach in to pull them out. Inside the little velvet box was a necklace. It had a pendant with your initials on it and the letter 'V'. You held it in the palm of your hand with care and looked up at Tae who was looking at you expectantly.

"Tae this necklace is so beautiful. I really don't know what to say!"

He smiled and took the necklace from your hands. He spun you around and swooped your hair out of the way, carefully fastening the necklace on you. 

You turned your attention to the envelope. Inside was a card, and as soon as you opened it you recognises Taes messy writing. It said: "dear y/n Happy birthday beautiful. I think you deserve the world, and i'd give it to you if I could. I know you don't like a fuss made over you, so I hope the gift will suffice. I have it all arranged with work, I have the entire weekend off to spend doing exactly what you want, anything at all. I love you xx"

You felt yourself tearing up. Taes work had been hectic recently and the fact that he would be with you for the weekend instead of just evenings was enough of a present.

Tae looked at you.

"Is that ok?" He had obviously mistook your tears for disappointment, and so he wraps his  arms around you.

"If there's anything else you want I can -".

"Tae." You cut him off. "This is the most perfect present you could have gotten me, ever."

You saw his lips rise at the corners and then he chuckled. "The best thing about the big box is that we can make a great fort out of it!"