Chapter 27

My Little Imagines

It was all going great. Everything was fine. Everything was normal. Nobody knew. You were living your life. But you had commited the perfect crime: you had fallen in love.
That might have hurt you more than anything, more than this damn illness you were cursed with. You shouldve realised it would only cause more pain. You shouldve backed out when you still had the chance.
But now? It was too late. You were both in too deep. You knew he would find out eventually, but you wanted to be the one to tell him, you didnt want him to find out like this.

~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~
You were in the middle of your forth coughing fit that day. Since you had been diagnosed a few months ago, this was generally the norm. It still hurt though.
But what could you do? Just swallow the dozens of pills and put up with it. You couldn't change your fate. Death was inevitable. And it was close. The doctors said you had three months.
The chance of survival was slim but that was the only piece of hope that your parents clung on to; the hope that you might be a living miracle.
You went along with it, but you knew really. You werent scared of death. You had had too much happen to you in your life to know that death is a different form of mercy to people like you. It was the time it was taking that was a sweet torture.
Finally you regained control and calmed down, assuring everyone around you that you were fine. It wasnt like they cared. They were just randoms you would never see again. In fact, you were pretty sure that if you werent dying, the people (idiots) would be enough to make you feel sick. As always everyone dispersed as quickly as they came, leaving you sitting in the bus shelter still gasping for breath.
Except this time it was different. Someone had come up beside you, but you thought they were just waiting for the bus. Instead, you felt a hand starting to rub your back. You looked up to see one very handsome boy. The sun was shining so you were squinting, but you could see that he had great features. He looked back at you and smiled a goofy smile, one that you found quite cute. The boy took his hand from your back and reached inside his backpack. He pulled out a full water bottle and offered it to you.
"Here. It might help." You smiled gratefully and took the bottle, welcoming the cool water down your throat. After your drink, you handed the bottle back. You thought that would be it, everything would carry on as normal but this boy had different plans.
He plonked himself down next to you and held out his hand.
"Hi. I'm Hoseok. Are you okay now?"
You nodded and looked away, hoping he would get the hint. Yeah, he didn't.
He prodded your arm and you could feel him staring at you.
You got the feeling he wasn't gonna go any time soon. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for the water."
He smiled contently. "You still haven't told me your name."
You looked at him straight in the eye. "Y/n. My name is y/n."
"Nice name. So what's with the coughing? Does that happen normally?" You sat back and hit your head against the frame of the bus shelter. Why you of all people?!
"Hey you shouldn't do that, it hurts. Hey I dont think the bus is coming. Come on I'll walk you home."

Before you even realised what was happening, Hoseok had pulled you up and was dragging you down the road. "Wait! I don't know you! You could be a serial killer for all I know."
At least if he is he might kill you quickly unlike this disease.
He cocked his head at you. "Yes you do know me. Im Hoseok and you drank my water. I should also tell you that I bring hope everywhere I go." On that last part he did some weird thing with his hands and he scrunched up his nose. He must have thought he looked cute or something.
You looked him strangely and wondered if this guy would really kill you. No. He looks the type to cry at the sight of a rainbow. You smiled at this thought but he must've thought you were smiling at him because he grabbed your hand and carried on leading you down the street, asking questions and actually listening to your responses. "So whats your beef?"                                                  
What kind of question was that?! Well, you know, apart from the fact you were dying, pft, nothing much.
"I'm hungry." You were hungry more often these days, a side effect of all the pills. He stopped walking, causing you to bump into him. "Let's eat then." He gestured to the chip stand on the pavement and you laughed.
The rest of that evening was the first time you since the diagnosis that you felt normal. Hoseok bought you both chips and walked you home. It was only after you passed the library in town that you realised you were going in completely the wrong direction.
~~~~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~~
Somehow over the last few months talk of your disease never cropped up when you were with Hoseok. Why? Because he made everything normal. He made you laugh, he told you stories. You were silly with each other. He was an idiot. He was your idiot.  Over the past two months, Hoseok had been your only escape from your regular ghastly life consisting of pills, doctors, worrying parents, all the crap stuff.
He had fallen in love with you. You had had fallen in love with him.
But now it was over. You were sure you were on your death bed, ready to finally escape for good.
Your only regret was passing out in front of him, seeing his face pale and eyes with worry. He came with you in the ambulance. You felt his warm caring hands on your cold ones, his soothing voice telling you everything was gonna be fine. You knew the truth. You were rushed straight into the surgery room, Hoseok left waiting in your wake. The next thing you knew, you were waking up in a rather quite uncomfortable bed staring up at ceiling with flowers all over it.
Then it hit you. Is this what heaven looked like? Or hell... you hadnt been that bad you didnt think...
It looked a lot like the hospital though.
You heard a loud snore and strained to see your dad in the chair by your side.
Oh. It was the hospital.
Suddenly you felt something clinging to your arm, a horrible noise coming along with it. It was your mother. She was crying. Ugly crying. This woke up your dad who joined in when he realised what was happening. 
After you sitting through hearing your parents version of the event, complete with 40 minutes non-stop crying, they left you to rest.
Of course you didn't rest. Apparently you had a major attack and couldnt breath. They rushed you in and operated on your lungs, and then left you in the hope that you'd wake up. And you did.
Of course you didn't rest. There was only one thing on your mind: Hoseok. And the fact that you were still alive. Okay, two things.
You asked to see him but nobody let you. You'd have to wait until tomorrow.
You heard the latch on the door and someone walked in. Probably another doctor doing something else on the machines.
It wasn't until the person came and stood next to the bed that you realised who it was.
You rolled up into a sitting position and just stayed in silence for a while.
"I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you. I'm so sorry that you had to find out like that. I'm so sorry I'm such a burden."Y/n, stop it." He pulled you into a hug and you breathed him in, his gorgeous distinctive smell. You remembered your first encouter and started to chuckle. 
"What are you laughing at you idiot? You nearly died!" Shock was the tone that could be heard in Hoseoks voice.
"I was thinking of how we met and you said that you bought hope wherever you went. I guess it worked."
Even in the dim light you could see him smiling. You also saw his bloodshot eyes and puffy cheeks.
He gripped you tighter.
"Don't scare me like that again. We are gonna get through this. I'll make sure of it."
You hugged him back, to the point that it hurt your chest and you had to release. Instead you buried your face into his neck. "I love you."
The three words that carry power, love, and hope all in one.