Me...Nervous?

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the final bell of the school day Xiumin jumped from his seat to seize his chance. “I’ll meet you out in front of the school in a few” he said to Chen as he walked past him.

“I’ll be waiting” Chen said flashing one of his famous smiles that made Xiumin’s heart flutter, ever so slightly. It’s not his smile, Xiumin tells himself, it’s because I jumped out of my seat so fast.

Xiumin quickly walked out the side door of the school and sprinted to the shady hiding spot he had occupied last time he chose to spy on Tao and Kris’s secret meetings. After a couple of minutes of hiding in the shadows Xiumin was still alone. You didn’t intercept a letter today, he reasons with himself, maybe they don’t come here every day. Xiumin lets out a small breath and slowly walks out from his hiding place.

“Tao” a deep voice rumbles in the small space causing Xiumin to quickly retreat into the shadows again. “Taozi are you here?” the voice questions again. Xiumin watches as the taller boy quickly scans around the clearing pausing for a slight second too close to comfort over the spot where he is hiding, before letting out a sigh and laying down on some of the grass staring up at the top of the trees.

Minutes pass and Xiumin starts to wonder if this is all a complete waste of time when suddenly a little bit of movement flashes in the corner of his eye. Xiumin turns to face the movement at sees Tao moving swiftly towards the spot where Kris lay with eyes now closed. Xiumin watches as Tao pauses right beside Kris’s left side and squats down slowly, leaving Kris completely oblivious to the actions.

Tao leans his head down close to Kris’s, “boo” he whispers as he quickly plants a kiss to the center of Kris’s forehead.

“Ohh gosh Tao you scared the living daylights out of me” Kris says holding a hand to his chest.

“Sorry” Tao mutters looking down at his toes. I can’t believe how shy he acts around Kris, Xiumin thinks to himself as he watches a slight pink spread across Tao’s cheeks.

“Don’t apologize” Kris says, “But I think you made a mistake” Kris says smirking over at Tao.

“What do you mean” Tao asks meeting eyes with Kris. This is so annoying, Xiumin thinks to himself, how can Tao be a completely different person now when just over an hour ago he was starring me down with dagger eyes, Xiumin wonders. I wish they would do something so I can get a picture and then meet up with Chen. At the thought of Chen waiting for him Xiumin finds himself smiling in the shadows.

“I mean you kissed my forehead, I think you were off of your mark, this is how you kiss someone Taozi” Kris says leaning forward. No, Xiumin thinks to himself turning around, I’m trying to destroy them I can’t afford to become attached, he reminds himself. “That’s better” Kris says, causing Xiumin to turn around and watch. “I don’t have practice today because Chanyeol had to do something, I’m not quite sure what anyways, my mom is not working late tonight and she asked if you wanted to come over for dinner tonight, after your practice” Kris asked.

“Oh that sounds great, your mom is so sweet” Tao said with a large smile, “Should I just walk to your place after practice then” Tao asked.

“Mom and I can come pick you up silly, text me when you are done and we will come.” Kris said stealing another quick kiss. Xiumin watched in relief as both boys walked away. Well that was a complete waste of time, Xiumin thinks to himself as he starts to walk towards the front of the school. A small vibration brings his attention to his phone. Chen’s name flashes across the screen with a little envelope, signaling a new text. What if Chen got sick of waiting for me, Xiumin worries to himself before opening the message.

Where are you Xiu? I am dying from boredom out here. –Chen

Xiumin rolled his eyes and smiled at the same time as he gazed at the message and attached photo. This boy is going to be the death of me, Xiumin thinks to himself. He quickly texts a short reply back.

On my way to you, you have only been alone for fifteen minute you are worse than my little sisters. –Xiumin

Xiumin walks to the front of the school and sees Chen reading something on his phone and laughing r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter