Wedding Invitation (HIS POV)

Just a bunch of Kaistal drabbles~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wedding Invitation (HIS POV)

 

It has been years since she greeted me on my birthday. I think around 2 years now? Damn it has been that long. After her, I may have dated other girls, but none of them could be compared to her at all. She was or should I stay still is, the most extraordinary girl I have ever met and could possibly dated. Jung Soojung. The epitome of heaven. I shouldn’t have went out that night and had too much fun with other girls. I looked around the venue filled with happy cheers and smiles. Wedding events are so beautiful. I hope to have mine in the future.

 

Just few days ago, I went to a coffee shop to buy some coffee and cakes before work. This is when and where it started again. As I was looking around, I crouched down to see the cakes. For some odd reason I glanced to my right for a bit and there I saw an angel. Her hair was long enough passed her shoulder. Dark brown hair. Her lean body was familiar. Her eyes, her lashes. I couldn’t stop staring. As if she could hear my thoughts, she turned to me. Her eyes widened then back again. I’m sure I looked stupid just staring at her without saying anything.

“Kim Jongin.”

She actually said my name. After how many years? 2? She called out my name. Few days before my birthday. Is this my present dearest God? Are you done punishing me?

“Hello?”

I snapped out of my own thoughts, I stood up straight looking at her.

“Jung Soojung.”

My voice was unexpectedly high. I was too surprised seeing her around the area because she doesn’t work around here. She walked up to me and suddenly the whole café was spinning in a slow motion. I didn’t know what stupid things I’d blurted out but I kept on standing still. Soojung stopped in front of me and started to look something in her bag.

“I came here to give you something, one moment…” as she looked into her bag, then she looked up as she handed me an envelope, “here you go.”

I looked at her, “wait, you came here to look for me?”

She looked at me, “I had to hand you this envelope. The family wanted to invite you to the wedding.” My whole brain shut down and all I did was stared at her. Wedding? Wedding? It kept on repeating in my head. Her voice saying the word wedding kept on repeating in my head. Almost like a scream. All I could think was, if I should attend the wedding or not.

I didn’t have the will to speak but I asked, “when is it…?”

“It’s on the 14th,” she answered me. I blinked once. Twice. Thrice. Possibly a thousand, million times.

“Jongin,” she called my name then she started to speak seriously, “honestly I didn’t want to give you the invitation. You could be busy on that day so I am not pushing you to actually attending it. Mum and Jess kept on mentioning inviting you, so here I am.”

“Why would you think that I would be busy?” I asked.

“It’s the 14th Jongin ah,” she looked at me. It hit me seconds later. It’s on my birthday.

The waiter called out her name, Krystal. She went to take her drink and came back to me and smiled.

“I’ll get going now,” she said to me, “bye Jongin ah, have a wonderful day.” She turned around and I actually had the guts to say something.

“It’s nice seeing you here now…” I said. She stopped but didn’t turn around. I wanted to see her face one more time but it didn’t happen. She replied, “nice seeing you too Kim Jongin…” then she left.

Throughout the day, I couldn’t really focused on my work. Not even my day. I kept on checking my instagram and waited for any stories update from Soojung. I wanted to see who is the guy she’s marrying and how good looking is this guy. Minutes passed, hours passed. Lunch break. I didn’t eat much and I couldn’t wait for the weekend. 

***

That weekend, 2 days before the wedding as well as my birthday.

“Wait, she actually went to your lousy coffee shop to just look for you?” Sehun looked at me, almost rude then he continued, “THE Jung Soojung did?”

“It’s almost like you don’t believe me Oh Sehun,” I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes, “DUHHHH! Damn what did she want? I thought she has a new boyfriend…” As girlie as this sounds, my heart actually dropped at that statement by Sehun. I knew she kept on posting pictures of a certain guy but heard rumors said that they are just friends. I looked around to my friends, I hesitated the reason why she went to see me.

“She came to hand me something,” I said to them. They stared at me and I continued, “an invitation.” They stared.

“Her wedding invitation.”

Dead silence. Sehun didn’t have any witty remarks, he was shocked. Suho hyung was speechless. Baekhyun hyung could barely bit his pizza. Chanyeol hyung, he was about to sip his drink, he stopped midway.

After a few dead seconds, Suho hyung cleared his throat, “Ehem… oh… how long have you guys broken up?”

“2 years? 3 this year…” I answered. Sehun tried to say something I guess but as soon as I looked at him, he looked away. I guess he felt bad. I took out the invitation card and it was never opened. I didn’t want to see the guy’s name to begin with.

“Is that it? It’s so pink…with flowers,” Sehun spoke out.

“It is a wedding invitation Sehun ah…” Chanyeol hyung said.

“Well to begin with, she didn’t even like pink,” Sehun pointed out, “but then again, it is a wedding thing…”

She never liked pink at all but every time she wore pink, she’d look so good.

“Are you going though?” Baekhyun hyung asked, “I mean are you even considering on going to you ex’s wedding?”

I’ve been thinking hard about it and that would be the last time I’d be seeing her. After that she’ll be someone’s wife. I looked at them, “she’s getting married on the 14th.” Suho hyung frowned.

“Your birthday?” he asked. I nodded.

“Woahhh now that’s some shady !” Sehun said out loud.

“Oh Sehun!” Suho hyung scolded. Sehun said his sorry then he took he invitation card, “Let me open this, I want to see the guy’s name.” I wanted to take it away but the boys didn’t let me.

“FINE! Read it but not out loud, I don’t want to hear anything at all!” I stared at them as they opened the envelope and opened the invitation card. I looked away then I looked at them again, trying to read their face. Sehun read intensely then he looked up at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing, you didn’t want to know right?” he said to me. I nodded. He said, “okay, let me tell you man, you better just go to the wedding?”

“WTF? You were the one said this is some shady and now you want me to go?” I asked. He closed his eyes, the rest of the guys looked away and smiled.

Suho hyung then said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter