We call it fate.

Just a bunch of Kaistal drabbles~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We call it fate.

 

Watching her from afar, I knew from the start that she and I would be good friends. I hope more. She walked gracefully across the hall, with her black long dress sweeping the floor, following behind her. I stared at her while she flipped her hair, walking towards two adults; a man and a woman. I think they are her parents but one cannot be too sure. She looked around the place boringly, not until she noticed me staring at her; her right eyebrow raised. I don’t know if my cheeks were red or not, but I was embarrassed; I was caught. I tried smiling at her but all I did was to stare up at her even more. She turned towards the two adults then she bowed. Walking across the dancing hall, she was approaching towards me. I feel like slapping myself but I was still in awe; in awe of her beauty. After a 20 seconds, she was already standing in front of me. Now that I’m seeing her up close; god should forbid me from talking. Her beauty was beyond out of this world. Her eyes were the prettiest among all. Clear as crystals.

“Kim Jongin right?” she said to me.

An angel is speaking to me!

I stared at her and I tried working on my throat, “Ye…ye…yes…I mean…”

“It’s me.”

It’s her? Who? How did she even know my name?

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Jung Soojung! The fat girl who you used to so-called protect when we were young~” she smiled at me. Memories started to fill in; then it hit me like a wrecking ball. Of course, those eyes. How can I forget?

“Soojungie?” I widened my eyes, “how long has it been? 20 years ever since you moved to France?”

“22 years to be exact,” she giggled, “we are adults now~”

“What brings you here though?”

“My parents, over there, it’s their 30th wedding anniversary plus it’s my mother’s birthday,” she said, “so I’m forced to be back. But it seems like it isn’t so bad now that I see you here~”

So I was right! They were her parents.

“Ahhh, I see. My parents dragged me here though, hoping for me to find a bride or somewhat,” I told her honestly but regretted afterwards. How embarrassing. I blabber when I’m ing nervous. She stared at me then she laughed at me. I think she’s laughing at me because I know I’m not laughing at all.

“You are forced to find a bride? What? A man like you doesn’t have a girlfriend?” she giggled.

“Unfortunately, no one wants this masterpiece,” I proudly said. She laughed even more. Now I am more convinced that I should change my profession from an engineer to a comedian.

“Well, don’t be too sad, you are never alone,” she chuckled, “your parents and my parents have the same idea. I think they are trying to get rid of me and trying to marry me of to any guy by now. I am a 28 year old woman now.”

“Don’t you mention age with that face of yours, no one would know,” I smiled, “you look like you’re 23 or something.”

“You look your age though but girls love that,” she smiled.

Do you though? Oh I could just marry you if I could!

“Are you staying here for quite a while?” I asked.

“I’m staying for 3 months,” she said.

“Hey how about we—”

“Soojung?” another person interrupted us. Soojung turned and her face lightened up even more.

“Luna unnie!!!!”

Then I lost her that night. I didn’t get to see her no more.

 

***

 

Days passed, weeks passed. I found her Instagram account, thanking god it wasn’t private. I get to look at her account almost every day, every hour, every minute and e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter