He insisted that we call it fate

Just a bunch of Kaistal drabbles~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He insisted it that we call it fate.

The moment I walked into the hall; I see a lot of people, men in their suits while women with their dresses. It’s their wedding anniversary as well as my mother’s birthday celebration, I wouldn’t dare to mention. 51. There I said it. I looked around the place, I doubt any of them would remember me at all. I was just a chubby girl back then. I was a bit out of shape back then; too round to be noticed. Ignoring every smiles from every testosterones in the hall, I sighed but one for sure, one person caught my attention ever since I entered the place. It’s him.

He busied himself with a couple of ladies around him and of course he wouldn’t know my new transformation. Will he notice me though? Wait…will he remember me though?

“Soojung,” I heard my mother calling. Reluctantly looking away from the handsome creature, I tried walking gracefully across the hall towards my parents and their friends; I think the young man is their son. Blurgh. Match making session, here we go~ the joy~.

“Mother,” I smiled then I looked towards my father, “Father~”

My father smirked at me. I know what kind of game you’re playing here father dear~ I smiled as I shook my head.

“Is this Soojung?” their friend said, “omoooo so gorgeous!”

Yeah~ you wouldn’t say that if you saw my old pictures first!

“Thank you,” I smiled, feigning my annoyance.  They kept on talking and talking. Their son is like drooling, can’t they see that?! Rolling my eyes, I looked around the place. People dancing, chatting, flirting and here I am, tortured. Suddenly I caught someone staring at me. The person who I thought wouldn’t even spare a glance at me, but now he’s alone. Staring! I smiled at him but he didn’t even react.

“Do I have something on my dress or something?” I whispered to myself. I turned towards my parents, where I just realized, their friends and their son already left.

“Oh they left?” I asked, trying to show some interest.

“They’ll be back,” mother smirked, “show some interest Soojung~”

“Their son was literally drooling.” I rolled my eyes.

“Hahah, he was,” father exclaimed, mother giggled.

“Look, I’m trying to mingle with the rest, if that’s okay with you?” I asked them. Mother smiled happily, because she knows how I am. I tend to…not mingle.

“Okay, go on now!” she chirped. I giggled. I bowed then I turned around; he’s still staring. I looked at him, he was so handsome, in his black suit, black tie. Who wouldn’t want to hang with him, I honestly understand the other ladies’ fascination of him. Walking across the hall, approaching him, I arrived faster than I thought I should be.  I just can’t wait to talk to him after so long. Standing in front of him, I was waiting for him to say something like ‘Hey, nice dress~’ or ‘Nice to see you’ or ‘Do you want to go on a date sweet thaaang~’. But yeah, that was just too good to be true, he just keep his eyes on me. Like a statue. Not the reaction I was hoping but I feel like I’ve bedazzled him for some odd reason. I think he’s blushing but I’m not so sure.

“Kim Jongin right?” I smiled. He went stiffed, he kept on staring. But what’s new was, his mouth was slightly opened and he said something. I just wanted to laugh.

“Ye…ye…yes…I mean…”

Oh~ is he nervous~? Mr. Popular is nervous around me?

“It’s me.” I tried again. I guess he doesn’t remember me.

“Excuse me?” he asked. HAH HE DOESN’T KNOW ME.

“Jung Soojung! The fat who you used to so-called protect when we were young~” I smiled at him/ I then remember the first time he protected me from being bullied that day. It was such a beautiful memory, from then on I kept on sticking with him not until I was sent overseas.

“Soojungie?” he called out. AWWWWWWW HE REMEMBERS MEEEEE!!!! The way he says my name~~~

“How long has it been? 20 years ever since you moved to France?”

Rome actually…but whatever.

“22 years to be exact,” I giggled, “we are adults now~” He smiled. Damn his tanned skin is so attractive as he got older. Back then, he was just a dark lanky boy. He looked at me, I smiled.

“What brings you here?”

Damn, either he’s clueless or brainless. Doesn’t he know this is my parents’ event? I smiled at the thought.

“My parents, over there, it’s their 30th wedding anniversary plus it’s my mother’s birthday,” I told him as he nodded, “so I’m forced to be back. But it seems like it isn’t so bad now that I see you here~” He told me that is parents dragged him here, hoping to find a bride. That won’t be a difficult task. With his face and reputation, everyone be lining up. He was literally blabbering about his sad life, on which I chuckled. I seriously find is amusing. He’s not laughing with me, that made everything much more funnier.

“You are forced to find a bride? What? A man like you doesn’t have a girlfriend?” I giggled. Deep down I’m a bit relief.

“Unfortunately no one wants this masterpiece,” he proudly said.

HAH. SUCH. A. MAN. KNEW. HE’S. THIS. KIND. OF. TYPE.

But I still find it amusing rather than annoying, I laughed even more. He frowned again. To make it even, I told him that he was not alone. I said that our parents have the same idea. I told him what were their intentions and all.

“I’m a 28 year old woman now,” I sighed. He smiled, his eyes smile, he shook his head.

“Don’t you mention age with that face of yours, no one would know,” he smiled, “you look like you’re 23 or something.

Flattery will bring you nowhere Kim Jongin~

“You look your age though but girls love that,” I told him. I like it!!!!!! Wish I could just marry you in a blink of an eye so my parents would just stop nagging.

“Are you staying here for quite a while?”

I told him that I’ll be staying for 3 months, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter