Just across the road.

Just a bunch of Kaistal drabbles~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just across the road.

 

Going out with my mother is not a rare thing for me. I tend to drive wherever she wants to go. The other day, when I was waiting for her in the car, parking at the roadside; I took out my book. I tend to read my book rather than checking my phone; while she does her errands on paying some bills. Opening my book, The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, reading the 4th chapter. Averting my eyes from my book, I looked around, looking for a police officers; since I’m parking at the side road. It’s kind of off illegal you know. Looking at the sidewalk, I saw a grandfather playing, I think it was hide and seek with his little grandson. It was a very cute and heartwarming sight. Looking away, I looked around again. Cars passed by, every color, every brand, every shape; big and small. Just across the road. One car caught my attention.

White.

Mercedes.

Latest edition.

I squinted my eyes, the car wasn’t exactly the one that caught my whole attention really, and it was the driver himself. He was somewhere my age. I think. Odd I couldn’t even take my eyes off of him. Something about him made me stare, making me look like a…stalker? Weirdo? For god know, he’s like the most beautiful creature I’ve seen in years. He’s like caramel. Salted caramel macaron. I didn’t even realized that I’ve put my book down a little while ago. Everything he did was fascinating for me. He was staring on his phone, scrunching his eyebrows, not knowing, I did to mine as well. I ended up copying his acts. He lifted his phone, leveling it with his face. He raise dan eyebrow while looking at his phone. Suddenly he lifted his left hand and made a peace sign. Then right there I burst into laughter. My voice echoed within my car. He was taking a photo of himself. How did I not noticed that really? I continued to stare. He made a bunch of expressions. Some of it, I couldn’t even done it myself.

I’m guessing he’s a narcissist. A very handsome one. Taking my eyes away from him, I looked around again. Looking for something new. Something. Just something, so that I wouldn’t look weird for staring just at him. The grandpa with his grandson already gone. I smiled, remembering at the thought of them playing just a while ago. Averting my eyes away from everything, I turned towards the guy across the road in the white Mercedes again. He was drinking his water bottle while he munch on something. Something so good. Bread. Then again, he took a picture of himself drinking and eating. I should be repulsed by those actions, it’s so annoying but the fact was, I find him cute in a way. I can’t help myself but to smile from ear to ear. He was such a sight. Making cute faces, his bloated cheeks was his best. I chuckled to myself. Suddenly a pair of eyes were staring right into mine. He was staring at me with surprised. Fear? Embarrassed? Wonder? I widened my eyes at him, and then I blinked, I think more than twice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter