Waaaaaffles!

Just a bunch of Kaistal drabbles~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Waaaaaffles…

 

Ingredients:

 

‘2 eggs

 

 1 2⁄3 cups milk (I particularly like canned evaporated milk for some of it)

 

  1⁄3 cup vegetable oil

 

 2 cups all purpose flour (you can substitute wheat germ for 1/4 cup of white flour)

 

 1 tablespoon baking powder

 

 2 tablespoons sugar

 

 1⁄2 teaspoon salt

 

1 teaspoon vanilla

 

1 teaspoon maple extract (optional)’

 

 

“Okay, so… 2 eggs…” Soojung looked into her fridge, thankfully she found 4 eggs. She read again the ingredients, and then she stopped. Her eyebrows scrunched then she stared at the carton of milk.

“ ‘1 2⁄3 cups milk (I particularly like canned evaporated milk for some of it)’ Ah?” Soojung frowned, “how should I know the fraction? Evaporated milk? Wouldn’t that be dry if the milk is evaporated?! Powdered?” She sat quietly on the stool bar, feeling restless. She looked behind her, towards her bedroom; wide opened door. Jongin was probably still asleep after last night. EXO’s Seoul concert was a tremendous sight for everyone last night, and after the concert he went straight to Soojung’s place. She wanted to make him some waffles for breakfast and shower him with love but she was already struggling with the recipe.

“Pancake would be easier but… I want to make waffles…” She pouted, “I should just approximate everything then. And I should google evaporated milk…” She stood up and looked for the rest of the ingredients in the kitchen.

After a while, she gathered all of the ingredients in one place, on top of the kitchen’s counter. She smiled, “okay, now let’s start cooking~”

 

Directions:

‘Mix all dry ingredients together using a large whisk.

 

Mix the wet ingredients together.

 

Gently combine but don't over mix.

 

Cook as your waffle maker directs.’

 

 

“Simple enough~” she chirped. Mixing all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, she danced to the song Franks Sinatra’s Witchcraft while whisking the ingredients. Checking the ingredients again, she took another bowl, mixing the wet ones. Combining the two, she mixed it slowly, while dancing. Suddenly she felt a pair of arms around her waist.

“Morning~” she whispered.

“Morning angel,” he whispered back. He rested his head on her shoulder, while his arms still around her waist; the two danced together, hips to hips following the rhythm of the song. Jongin tightened his arms around her, pulling her closer, resting her back to his front.

“Pancakes?”

“Waffles,” she said, closing her eyes, “hungry?” He chuckled.

“Very much,” he kissed her neck, “and I missed you in bed.”

“I wanted to make you breakfast in bed.”

“You’ll be enough for my breakfast,” he whispered, nibbling her ear. Soojung was still mixing her ingredients with her eyes closed; pleasure was running through her blood.

“Don’t over mix it baby,” he whispered. Soojung turned her head, “how would you know that?!”

“My sister has a café remember?” he smirked, lifting one of his hand, caressing her hair, “I know how to make waffles sweetheart.” Soojung stiffened.

“Does it taste good?”

“It’s edible.”

“What if mine tastes bad?!” she pouted; “now I don’t feel like making any…” Jongin chuckled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter