Say Goodbye

Love Line

Davichi - Time, Please Stop


_______ was waiting for the driver to pick her up in front of MBC building. “He doesn’t usually take this long, I wonder what happened?” ______ thought to her self.

After a while After School’s black van stopped right in front of her. Gahee, went down from the passenger seat as soon as the van stopped. Jung-ah, Jooyeon and Bekah went down from the back as well.

“Unnie?? What are you guys doing here?” ______ asked worriedly. The girls never fetched her before from her We Got Married filming.

_______ noticed that Gahee’s eyes were puffy and so were the rest of the girls, along with their noses being red.

“_______, we have something to tell you. It’s about Dambi.” Gahee started to say.

“What about Dambi unnie?” ______ asked, fearing for the worse.

“She’s gone.” Bekah said, choking on her words as she started sobbing again. Jooyeon hugged Bekah, trying to calm her down.

“What?! Are you…are you serious?” ______ asked stuttering, tears started filling her eyes. Jung-ah and Gahee hugged her right away.

Donghae was standing near the girls when heard _______ ask her questions.

He walked closer until he was right behind ______. He noticed the expressions of the girls’ faces, they seemed gloomy and looked like they just told ______ some bad news.

The girls hugged _______ but broke it off when they noticed Donghae standing close to them.

“Oh Donghae-shi..” Jung-ah said as she wiped the tears off of ______’s face.

Donghae walked closer to ______ and put his hand on her shoulder to see what was happening.

_______ turned to face Donghae and there he saw _______’s eyes b with tears.

“What happened?” Donghae asked anxiously. Out of instinct he pulled _______ into a hug, not knowing what was even happening. _______ didn’t pull back and hugged back. Donghae could feel ______’s tears soaking a part of his shirt, but he didn’t care.

“Let’s move into somewhere more decent so we can tell you guys the details.” Jooyeon said.

 

Everyone went back to the lobby of MBC so that they could tell _______ and Donghae what happened before they go back to their respective dorms.

Donghae didn’t let go of _______, he held her hand all through out the night.

“Dambi, she…she mixed and overdosed on sleeping pills and anti-depressants.” Gahee started to explain, trying so hard to hold her tears back.

“When did this happen? Why didn’t I know about this?” ______ asked restlessly.

“You were recording earlier and we didn’t want it to be affected by this news so we waited for you to finish. It’s all over the news now.” Jung-ah said

“What if it was an accident? Or what if someone forced her to do it? We should get the police involved and let them investigate.” _______ said. Different theories started filling her mind. It was just unbelievable and unexpected.

“______, there’s something more. We talked to her parents earlier and they said they found her letters. She left suicide letters for her family, to a couple of her friends including us. She took her time and wrote to each one of us ______. She planned this.” Jooyeon told _______.

“It’s just so surreal. I just…I can’t comprehend this, she couldn’t possibly do this.” ______ said, tears running down her face again.

“______ you noticed how she has changed for the past couple of months. You heard her joke about this.” Jung-ah reminded _______. Everyone noticed Dambi’s recent change of mood and in attitude. But every time they asked her about it she said that she was fine. “I’m Son Dambi, I’ll get over things.” Dambi always told the girls.

“Yeah unnie, like what you said, it was a joke.” ______ answered in defense.

“You know what they say joke’s are half-meant.” Bekah muttered.

“We should have known better.” Gahee said as she started crying.

“I’m so sorry. I don’t know what else to say. I know she was close to you all.” Donghae expressed his condolences.

“Thank you.” Bekah said

“Excuse me. I think I need to go to the comfort room.” ______ suddenly said as she stood up from her seat, releasing her hand from Donghae’s.

“I’ll go with you.” Gahee said and the two walked towards the nearest bathroom.

“The wake will start tomorrow. Donghae you and your members are very much welcome to visit.” Jung-ah told Donghae. “And I think it would mean a lot to _______ if you can be there.” She added and Donghae just nodded.

After a while ______ and Gahee came back to where the rest were.

“We should go back first, we will be early in helping Dambi’s relatives tomorrow.” Gahee reminded the girls.

_______ and Donghae shared one last hug “Be strong ______.” Donghae whispered to _______ before they parted ways.

 

Donghae regretfully went back to his dorm alone and shared the news with s.

 

The girls went back to the dorm and continued to console each other, most of them cryed themselves until to sleep.

 

The girls woke up early next day. Their schedules were cleared due to the unexpected scenario so they went straight to the memorial service.

Cameras and reporters were waiting patiently and unfortunately they were the ones to welcome the visitors to Dambi’s wake. Dambi’s parents immediately greeted the girls from After School as soon as they saw them.

“Aigoo my kids…” Dambi’s mom hugged the girls.

“Eomeoni (mother)…” the girls cried out, expressing their sorrow and regret.

“Stop crying or else the puffiness in your eyes won’t ever go away. You girls won’t be pretty and Dambi won’t like that.” The mother scolded her daughter’s close friends…which she also treated like her children.

 

An hour later, Donghae went to the wake with some of the Super Junior members.

Donghae wanted to go as early as possible so that he could comfort ________. He felt bad that he couldn’t do anything the night before.

 

“Oppa…” Donghae turned around when he heard someone call out to him as soon as he entered.

“_______, how are you?” Donghae asked as he saw _______ walk up to him.

“Uhm…not so good.” ______ answered as the two hugged each other. ______ then greeted Leeteuk, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Heechul who also went with Donghae and they walked inside together.

 

_______ assisted her ‘husband’ and ‘brothers-in-law’ first before she got called to the side by Dambi’s mom.

“Eomeoni, what is it? Do you want anything?” _______ asked Dambi’s mom with concern.

“No I’m okay. I just needed to give you this before I forget and lose it.” Dambi’s mom answered. She opened her bag and brought out a small envelope and gave it to _______.

“This is her letter for you.” Dambi’s mom told ______.

Again, _______’s eyes were b with tears as soon as she got the letter.

“Read it whenever you feel like reading it, okay? Be strong my dear.” Dambi’s mom said as she rubbed _______’s back, hoping to comfort the girl.

“Ah..y-yeah.” ______ answered as she slightly bowed her head.

Dambi’s mom left ______ to attend to the other guests

______ sat down in the corner that she won’t be noticed. She needed answers so she wanted to read the letter as soon as possible.

 

Hi _______. If you’re reading this, then I must have already taken my life.

Please don’t cry anymore as I feel like I would be more at ease now.’

 

______ put her hand over to muffle the sound of her sobs.

 

I wrote you all letters to tell you why I did this so that we can all move on. I just hope that my reasons won’t reach the media, I don’t want to disturb anyone’s peace anymore.

You might have not known but I had a boyfriend for the past year. I won’t name names anymore, but you probably have an idea who it was…especially Gahee unnie. We broke up 2 months ago, the time when you guys noticed the change in me.

You know how strict our company is with dating, right? Along with other companies that have a strict no-dating policy, get caught and kiss your career goodbye. I’ve been so happy for the past year that I almost didn’t care anymore.

Well when our president found out that I was having a serious relationship, he got furious and gave me an ultimatum. He said that it’s either I break up with him or they’d fire both of us and expose our relationship to the public. You know how scary our CEO can get.

But how could I just break up with him?! I was very much in love and I was willing to put a fight just to defend our relationship and still maintain our careers. I mean a lot of couples have publicized their relationships and they are able to maintain their careers with it. I thought he felt the same way…

I chose love but my boyfriend chose work. He broke up with me because he didn’t want to sacrifice anything.

I committed suicide out of depression. I just couldn’t take it anymore. I can’t stand how cruel this industry can get and how people’s greed and pride can take over their lives.

 

For you, my dear _______.

I want to tell you to choose and go with your heart. But I’m telling you now, it won’t be easy.

I’ve been watching your show with Donghae and I have a feeling that both of you already have grown feelings for each other. It should be all worth it in the end, right?

 

Please don’t end up like me.

I love you and I hope you will live and love your life. Promise me that or else I’ll haunt you.

 

_______ was barely able to finish the letter as she was weeping already.

She held the letter over her chest as she silently let all her tears out.

After a while ______ went to the bathroom to get freshened up and waited until her face went back to its normal shade.

Minutes after, ______ went out to the room everyone was in, she spotted Donghae right away and looked at him from a far.

Donghae was looking for ______ and when he finally saw her, she was also looking back at him.

He noticed how sad and tired she looked and he could still see dried tear marks on her pale face.

Donghae got up and walked towards _______. He didn’t know what to say, he wished he could do something for her.

_______ looked at Donghae coming closer to her. She looked down at the letter in her hand then back at Donghae.

After letting out a sigh ______ asked Donghae “Can we talk?”


So sorry to do that to Son Dambi, and it’s even her birthday today :(
Happy birthday Son Dambi!
Never think about taking your own lives, okay? Don’t entertain suicide thoughts and know that there are people who are ready and willing to listen to you. Like me, even though we don’t know each other personally. There's so much more to life.

New story up:
Writer's Love Block starring you and Taecyeon :)

Tweet / follow me for updates, comments ang suggestions, random - serious talks: twitter.com/nisrandom

~Comment Replies~ loveyouguys<3
Armanifan14: This chapter answered your question :) Hope you like it.
todobobo123: Well you've always guessed it right :) Cliffhangers really make me go crazy as well. haha
Oneandonly: You are very welcome. I preach the truth. hihi Good luck! :)
randomrainbow: Here's your update. Hope you like it :)
chara_aia: No, Pepero game is the best. haha
fishy_d: awww...thank you so much. Now you know what happened :(
kyuhyunloverElf: Hope you like this 'sad' update.
jhoyahlovesuju: Thank you :)
kittenever: Yeah. ELF's would go haywire if they kissed haha.
ofhumming: Now you know what happened :(
alj1225: I would bungee jump with Donghae any day. haha Letter A is up already :)
ILuvSuJu15: yay! haha Hope you like this update ;)
Yasminnie: Yeah! so close!! Because the cameras were rolling and you know how fans can be. haha Here's your update ;)
specialXangelX0410: Good thing I was able to save my camera through blow-drying it. haha That was my first camera so I really cried.haha I'd do the same thing, hug them forever!
AKTF94: Now you know what happened :(