He lied

When Boys meet Other Boys (sequel to WBMG)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[ Author's POV ]

 

 

 

IT WAS FRIDAY in the afternoon when Hyunjae was still waiting for Kris' practice to end. She has a lot of things to do besides waiting for Kris, but since Kris promised to treat her on a date she can't miss it. She watches Kris run, pass and dribbles the ball in the court. He was amazing in everymove and that he was dead serious in the game eventhough its just a practice. She wonders how would it be like playing basketball with him during free time? She bet it would be fun. She often sees those kind of moments in some movies she watched. Hyunjae couldnt help but to spazz over it until her thoughts were interrupted by a loud whistle sound by their coach. The team lined up and Hyunjae quickly went down from the bleachers to greet Kris with a towel to wipe his sweaty face. 

 

"Hey there." She greeted him as she gently pats the towel on to Kris' face but he held her hand and pushed it down. "Eh? What's wrong?"

 

"Hyunjae I'm not a baby anymore." He said, glancing at his teammates.

 

"But Kris—" 

 

"Hyunjae wait for me in the lobby. I'll just take a shower. Okay? Love you." Kris said as she drags her out of the gym and left her in the hallway as he jogged his way to the shower room. Hyunjae obedient as she was, went straight to the lobby where she met Hana coincidentally.

 

"Yow Hyunjae." Hana called, walking towards her with a face that was intimidating. 

 

"Hi Hana. How are you?" Hyunjae greeted back with a smile. 

 

"Fine. As usual. Where's Haemin?" She asked, eyeing from head to toe.

"Is she with Sehun oppa? You're involved in their engagement?" 

 

"Pardon? I don't know what you're talking about. Except for Haemin getting engaged and—" 

 

"Shut up Hyunjae." Hana snapped. 

 

"Hana-ssi why are you so mean to me? While you're friendly with my friends." Hyunjae said, but Hana just smirked and clicked her tongue. 

 

"Its none of your business if I like your or not." Hana rolled her eyes and was about to walk away when she faces her again, "One more thing, stay away from my oppa. You flirt." 

 

"Ha—Hana I.." 

 

"Hyunjae." Kris arrived and saw Hana walking away from Hyunjae. "What's with her?" 

 

Hyunjae scratched her head, "Nothing. Some girl talk. You okay now?" She asked. Kris smiled and hugged her. 

 

"So where do you want to go?" He asked.

 

"Lotte World?" She replied. "Is that okay?" 

 

"Better than okay." He winked.

 

 

 

 

 

———

 

[ Hyunjae's POV ]

 

 

Kris and I went to the Lotte World for a date. We had fun especially riding on a roller coaster. So we ended up walking along the Lotte Park, holding hands. 

 

"Happy Anniversary Kris." I said as I gave him a peck on the lips. He pulled me close and hugged me tight. 

 

"Happy Anniversary. I'm sorry if I didn't make it the last time Hyunjae." He said, I hugged him even tighter as a reply.

 

"Its okay. As long as you're here." I said. He gently pulls away, and leans for a kiss but then his phone rang and we have to pull away fully. 

 

"I'll just take this." He smiled and turns his back on me as he walks away in a distance. I looked around and spotted an empty bench. I sat on it and made myself comfortable as I wait for him. Then after a minute, he came back with a frown on his face. "Jae, there's an emergency my Dad's in the hospital right now.."

 

"Oh my. Is he okay?" I gasped; my heart suddenly starts to beat up fast. 

 

"I don't know but I have to go there right away." 

 

"Then I'll go with you Kris. Maybe I can help and—" I said but I stopped when he reacted a little too weird.

 

"What?? No. You can't. Its okay. I don't want you to be bothered. I can go to it by myself." He said as he gently laid his hand over my hands. I couldnt help but to agree with it. "Good. I'll just call Ebaek hyu—"

 

"No. I'll just call a cab." I said. I don't want my personal driver that I went home alone, my dad would be mad if he finds out that I'm ditched by Kris by the second time. I'm curious because why don't I feel angry? 

 

"Okay. Take care. I love you." Kris gave me a peck on the lips and left. I didn't left the park after. I decided to waste my time sitting there alone until I'm all tired and wanted to go home. I didn't want to go home yet, because I told Dad that I will be late. And its still 6:30pm. I told Dad that I'll be home at 9pm. 

 

 

"Kim Hyun Jae." 

I looked up when someone called my name and it was Tao. Whoa. This is really weird. Why do I see him whenever I get ditched by Kris or so?

 

"Tao?" I asked. He smiled and went near me. "You're here." I said.

 

"Hi. You're here too. You're alone?" He asked, as he looks around.

 

I chuckled, "Well obviously? I am. Kris was here awhile ago and then he left." I said, and noticed that he was holding two cans of coffee. "You're with someone?" I asked. He looked back and chuckled.

 

"Hmm. Yeah. I'm with my friend. She just went to the cr and told me to wait here and yeah I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter