Troubled Sungmi

When Boys meet Other Boys (sequel to WBMG)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Chen's POV ]
— 

After the incident in the road,  I decided to watch Sungmi everytime. I wanted to be sure she's fine and nothing bad is happening to her. I watch her talk to Lay, whenever I have my free time while she has a class. I sometimes watch her from the peep hold in their door. She and Lay are somehow gone so close. I feel jealous. I trust Sungmi, but not Lay. Whenever I ask her to go with me on a date, she'll simply decline it and say that she have a project to finish with her partner which is Lay. They always stay up to late evening for that project. I'm curious to what kind of project is that. Aigooo. Why am I like this all of the sudden? 

 

"Sungmi.." I started to talk when Sungmi and I finally had a chance to be have time. We were walking our way to her house, since she wanted to have som exercise for awhile. She was clinging on my arm when she hummed in response.

I smiled. Do I have to ask about Lay and her? Because I think its not necessary anymore.

"Chen? What is it?" She asked tugging my arm. I smiled and pinched her nose. "Aigoooo. What's troubling you?" She asked.

"I missed you." I said, yeah. I missed her a lot.

"Huh? But we always see each other EVERYDAY. How come you still miss me?" She chuckled.

I sighed and we both stopped walking and headed towards the sidewalk where a concrete was built. We sat on it. She leaned on my shoulder, and I held her hand. We started to do skinships now except for having kisses. Its not the right time for us. *awkward laughs


"I missed you too Chen." She suddenly spoke. "Finals are quite hard nowadays." 

"I agree. But I'm glad we manage to be together today. No projects to be done." I said, I purposely said.

"Don't worry. We finished it yesternight." She smiled.

"Really? What kind of project is that?" I asked, I never seen the thing they're busy of. Sungmi pulled out her phone, she pulled me close to see what's in her phone. "What's that?" I asked when I saw a picture of her painting the room with a nightsky concept. 

"We painted the whole room, Chen." She smiled, "The whole class made it."

"What? The whole class?" I stammered. I thought wrong about it. About it.

"Uhmm. Yeah. Were just taking turns. You know that I got partnered with Lay right?" She asked. "So the nights when I stayed in school, there were actually 6 of us painting.."

"S-Sungmi.." I spoke. "I'm sorry." I said, holding her hand.

"Hmm? What' for?" 

"I.. I.. I'm sorry for thinking wrong about you and Lay... " I said it. I really don't know what was going to happen next. Will she be angry? Or not? Will she hate me? Am I that stupid?

"Yah. Kim Jong Dae." She flicked my forehead. I winced in pain silently. "Do you trust me?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Then why are you thinking like that? Huh? Yah. That hurts." She said as she slaps my hand. 

"I'm sorry. Its just that.. aish. I got jealous. You guys became close all of the sudden and.. " 

"Yah. Stinkbrain. You're so stupid. You know that?" She spoke.

I nodded again.

"You know that I love you right?" 

"Yeah. I know." 

"So stop thinking about it okay? Lay and I are just friends.. more like pure acquaintances.." She smiled. She cupped my cheeks.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely sure." She smiled. I hugged her all of the sudden. I feel relieved and yeah my heart is beating up fast.

 



[ Sungmi's POV ]


Why is Chen so weird all of the sudden? He's jealous with a guy who rarely speaks and hates a lot of people. 

 


« Flashback 


In the Art Room..

"Do you guys need something? I'll go to the vending machine at the end of the hallway." One of my team mates — Kyungri — in the mural painting asked. I raised my hand and told her that I want latté. 

"How about you Lay?"

I turned to Lay who was busy painting the wall. I knew he heard our classmate but he pretends not to hear it. Tch. That nerve. Why is he like that to others? 

"He'll have coffee." I smiled. I don't know what he likes, so I came up with the best and common possible thing that relates to him. Kyungri nodded and went out of the room together with rest of our teammates, leaving only me and Lay. I watched him paint quietly in the corner. He always wear this hoodie jacket and wore the hood on his face that almost half of it covers his face.

It was a clean quiet atmosphere not until I heard someone's stomach grumbled. 

"Hmm. Yah. Was that you?" I asked. I'm sure its from him. He didn't response.

Then I heard it again.
"Aigoo. You're hungry and you're still painting there?" I chuckled. I remember that I have some chocolates that I keep from G4. These were the chocolates from the fridges and I kinda stole it from them. Because they won't give me some! Especially Seohyeon and Haemin unni! I took three from my bag and quickly went to Lay. I handed him the chocolates but he only stared at it.

"I'm not eating that." He said coldly, as he continues to paint. I got fed up with his cold attitude, so I threw the chocolates right in front of his face. "Yah. Its so hard to understand a guy like you." I spat. "Eat that or else you'll die." I said an flipped my hair before I went back to my spot. "Aish. You're so frustrating.. why are you like that anyways?" 

"Its none of your b----"


"None of my business. I know. Tsk. As usual." I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "I noticed that you don't talk to girls a lot. Do you hate them? Are you a girl-hater?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about." 


"Oh yeah. You really are! Yah. Then why are you talking to me? I'm a girl!" 

 

".........."

 


"I used to be a man-hater... until now.." I suddenly said. I'm not the same man-hater before because someone named Kim Jong Dae made me realize that not all guys are bound to be hated. But I sometimes hate guys.. that Hobae. When I see him, I seriously will kick his face right in front of their dean.

"There's always a reason about certain things that is happening to us." He said, I paused and turned to him with curious look. I suddenly thought about myself, Why did I become a Man-Hater? 

"So there is a reason with you too?" Lay asked as he turns to me. His eyes were dead serious like he doesn't enjoy his life and that his black hair added the sadness and coldness of his personality. 

"I just hated boys before." I pouted.

"Tsk." He turned back to the wall and started painting again. I sighed, how can he live like this? Like he hates everyone. 

"Why are you so cold Lay?" I asked, I can't stop to be curious. Curiosity is my middle name I can't change that.

"Aren't you going to stop?" He hissed.

"No. As far as I know I am the only girl who talks to you like this." I said, I stood up and went to him. Crossed my legs and opened my ears for his answer. "Share." I smiled. He looked at me with his eyes full of annoyance but then again he sighed and put the paintbrush down.

"I promise I won't tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter