The last day of the Sport's Festival

When Boys meet Other Boys (sequel to WBMG)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sun's heat was intensifying. Volleyball game was in its state of getting in the mid-point where the players are spiking and tossing the ball in order not for it to hit the ground.

 

"Chen look up!!" Chen looked up and saw the ball flying above him. He quickly jumped high on it and gave it a strong spike making it pass through the other team's hand to the ground.

 

"Yes!!!! Another score!!" Chen exclaimed high-fiving each of his team mates. He looked back when he heard the coach of the other team yelled SUB. A guy who seems to hate the world stood from the bench and went to the court in line of Chen. Chen looked at him and he just stared at Chen blankly. 'Okay so this is Zhang Yi Xing who subbed Park No Min.'

 

"Zhang Yi Xing." Chen repeated in his mouth. He tries to search in his mind if he knows this person because he surely met him somewhere.

"What are you staring at?" Lay snapped.

Chen jolted a little and gave him a look. "Noone's staring at you." Chen replied.

"So what are you doing just now?" Lay said again.

"Yah I'm not looking at you." Chen pouted and went to the position. His team will be the one to serve the ball. Lay snapped his leg and positioned himself to block the ball. And off the ball went to the other court after Chen's team mate gave it a perfect hit. Lay's team blocked the ball and passed it to Chen's team. It took two tosses for Chen to spike the ball to score but Lay quickly blocked the ball when it was about to enter their court. Lay's team got score.

"Aish." Chen whimpered.

 

He glanced at Lay who was also staring at him with his unusual pokerface. He probably now got the crown of pokerface. And to the next set Lay's team scored straight up to 1-1 causing for them to have a tie resulting in having a 3rd set. It was like Chen and Lay were the only ones playing in the court. Like their teammates were the only things in their back of their mind.

"Last game." Chen breathed. Lay's team served the ball and several tosses and spikes were exchanged by both teams. Until Lay swiftly spiked the ball and Chen wasn't able to block it. So in other words, Lay's team scored and won. But Chen was a good sport, he accepted his loss and was very proud of himself that he gave his best.

 

 

 

"Stoopid!"

 

 

 

He looked up to hear someone's voice calling him. A bright smile flashed across his face when he saw Sungmi running towards him. She gave him a tight hug before she pulled a mini party popper from her pocket and pulled to blow the confettis.

 

"Chukahae!!" Chen chuckled and sighed, "But I lose."

 

"Hmm. You're still a winner for me. And besides you did your best!" Sungmi said gleefully but it wasn't enough for Chen to cheer up so she gave him something he will never forget.

"Don't be sad now Chen." She said and gave him a light peck on the lips.

"I love you." Chen blushed and stepped back as he looked at her shocked.

"Y-you.."

"You're over reacting." Sungmi crossed her arms. Chen smiled sheepishly, his cheeks are still blushing red when he hugged her tight.

"I love you too. I-I thought you don't like public display of affection.."

"Hmm. This is an exemption and besides noone saw it." Sungmi said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter