The Busan Boy's Story

I Love You But I Also Love You

“W-what?” Hana asked after the suffocating long silence that filled the air.

Daehyun flashed a weak smile. “You asked if I was okay on my birthday right? I wasn’t because that’s the day my parents died, on my birthday” He said and Hana and Luhan felt so sorry for him. “But you cheered me up, you made me happy so thank you” He smiled so warmly at her.

There was another long period of silence before he spoke again, “Remember our deal? You tell me your story and I tell you mine?” He asked and she nodded slowly. “I think I’ve heard quite enough from you so let me tell you my story” He said as he sat down and turned to Luhan.

“I can uh..leave if you want” Luhan said awkwardly but the brunette shook his head, he instead patted the spot next to him, gesturing him to sit down. “Are you sure? I mean, you don’t mind if I, your rival listen to your life?” He asked.

“You know what, if you keep talking, just get out” Daehyun said as he pointed towards the door, Luhan laughed before sitting down next to Hana. “First of all, stop crying” He said as he wiped her tears, Hana nodded and sat comfortably. “So, how shall I start?”

“How old were you when they died?” Hana asked.

“I was 10 years old” Daehyun replied calmly. “And it was my 10th birthday, I remember running around playing with water guns with my cousins and friends, I was so happy back then” He smiled recalling the event. “My parents were on their way to the party but..” He stopped for awhile. “..something happened”

“Aunty, how come mommy and daddy aren’t here? And why are you leaving? The party isn’t over yet” Daehyun asked the older woman who smiled sadly towards the boy.

“Your parents are going to be here soon, just wait ok? Me and your uncle are going to go somewhere for awhile, we’ll be back just in time for cake time, everything will be alright” She replied as she kissed the boy’s head before leaving him.

“My aunt and uncle left the party because they had somewhere to go, and just like what your mother said, my aunt said the same thing, everything will be alright” Daehyun said.“God, I hated that phrase so much that I felt like punching everyone that said that” Hana nodded as she could totally relate to that.

“So, where’d they go?” Luhan asked.

“To an accident site, my parents were involve in a car accident that cost them their lives. A car had collided with my parent’s car which caused it to bashed straight through the bridge’s railings and it ended up in the water but luckily, they found their bodies” Daehyun replied with a low voice. “But I never knew about, my aunt and uncle came back to my party but never told me anything about my parents, they just smiled and told me to enjoy the party.

“Aunty, how come mommy and daddy weren’t at my party? Did they forget?” Daehyun asked as he frowned.

“Your parents are busy people, they had something caught up in work and couldn’t come but they wished you a happy birthday” The woman replied with a fake smile.

“When are they coming home?” Daehyun asked.

The woman didn’t reply instead she just smiled, “It’s getting late Daehyun, you should go to sleep, you have school tomorrow”

The boy nodded and went straight to bed.

“If I was you, I would have slapped her for giving you so much false hope” Hana said bluntly and Daehyun shook his head.

“Yea, good thing you weren’t me” Daehyun said and she shrugged. “Anyways, I found out about the accident the next day when I was watching the morning news”

Daehyun was happily eating his breakfast and noticed his parents faces on TV. “Aunty, look! Mommy and daddy are on TV!” He exclaimed happily.

The woman widened her eyes when she had heard what the boy had spoke and quickly rushed to find the remote to turn it off but it was too late, the poor boy had seen everything.

‘It has said that the married couple had passed away because of the accident and now their only son, Jung Daehyun was under the mother’s sister’s care’

Daehyun stared blankly at the TV that the woman managed to switch off before he saw anything else, he stared at the black screen and tears started to form. “They’re..gone?” He asked as he turned to his aunt. “Aunty, tell me, they’re gone?”

The woman just stared at the boy sadly, she didn’t respond, she couldn’t because she didn’t know how. “Daehyun..” She started as she placed her hand on his shoulder but he dodged it instantly.

“You lied to me!” Daehyun yelled as he got off his seat and stared at the woman, tears running down his face and then, he ran out of his house.

“Daehyun, come back!”

But the boy didn’t listen, he just ran to wherever his legs took him, he didn’t want to be there, he wanted to be with his parents, “They couldn’t have left me right?” Daehyun cried as he ran passed the crowded people.

Daehyun looked down and didn’t say anything for awhile as his eyes started to get watery.  “Argh, , I’m crying” He harshly wiped his tears and then Hana put her hand on his shoulder.

“Ryouta once told me that I shouldn’t keep it in and that after you cry, you will actually feel better like something heavy is off your chess” Hana said and the brunette broke into a smile as he let the tears fall. “What happened after that?” She asked.

Daehyun let out a chuckle, “Well, I became crazy” He stated aloud. “I was a stubborn kid, I just..I didn’t want to believe that they were really gone you know? I couldn’t  face it so I never went to the funeral, I just stayed in my room the whole day, praying that they’ll come back..”

“You became crazy…?” Luhan asked.

Daehyun nodded, “Yup, after my parents died, my aunt and uncle took care of me but I ignored them because I was entering my own little world” He chuckled, “I was so naïve that I thought that if I believed hard enough, my parents would come back”

Daehyun was sitting on his bed, looking out at the night sky with a smile, “Daehyun will be a good boy from now on, I promise! But please come back, I miss you”

“Daehyun, you should go to sleep” The boy turned around to see his aunt look at him sadly, she sympathized him.

The boy turned back towards the window, “Lately, everyone thinks you two are gone..they stare at me like I’m different, I don’t understand..” He said as he hugged his legs. “Mommy, daddy, when are you guys coming back home?”

“Goodnight Daehyun, don’t stay up too late” The woman said sadly before closing the door, leaving him to talk to himself once again.

“It’s not fair, everyone is acting different when they’re with me, I hate it..” Daehyun said as he felt tears running down his face. “They’re making fun of me, they think you guys are gone, they think I’m stupid but I know you guys are still here, you guys are just having a hard time coming back home”

And then he laid on his bed and smiled bitterly, “Goodnight mommy, daddy, make sure to come back home safely” He closed his eyes and slowly drifted to dreamland.

 

Daehyun had officially became crazy ever since his parents died, that was what everyone in his neighborhood had said. The boy would always come home and say, “Mom! Dad! I’m home!” and he would always call his parents put of course, their phones were unavailable anymore, he’d also send them texts like, Dad! Are you going to drive me to school today?, Mom, are you baking cheesecake?, Can you come to my football match this afternoon?  and it just goes on and on. He kept living his life as if his parents were still there with him but would always cry himself to sleep every night. His life was a mess, he didn’t have any friends cause they thought he was a freak or something and whenever people say that his parents are dead or anything, he would just run away, run away from reality, he didn’t want to hear those lies that people kept saying, he wanted to forever be in his own little world.

Daehyun let out a laugh, “I was really a mess back then”

“How long were you like that?” Luhan asked as he tried to process everything that the brunette had just said, it seemed a bit too much for him to process.

“I’ve been a delusional kid for 4 years” Daehyun replied and then looked up. “I finally stopped when my aunt had finally had enough of my bull and she finally pulled me out of my little world, I was finally going to meet my parents”

Hana and Luhan looked at him with puzzled faces. “How’s that possible?” Hana asked.

“Where are we?” Daehyun asked the woman as they walked through the lifeless place but the woman didn’t reply and then they stopped.

She turned around and faced the young boy, “Daehyun, I think it’s time for you to meet your parents” Daehyun’s eyes lit up immediately as he turned left and right but couldn’t see anyone except for all these gravestones.

Until he had finally turned around to see a pair of gravestones next to each other, his parents names were carved on it and he just stared at it blankly, “That’s not my parents, they’re not gone..they’re just stuck somewhere, they’ll come back..they’ll…”

His tears started running down his face as he kept staring at those pair of gravestones, his aunt came up to him and patted his back, “I’m sorry Daehyun..” She said, guilt evident in her voice as she looked at him.

“Stop, this isn’t real, this is just some sick joke!” Daehyun said as he pushed her away from him. “That’s not my parents!” He said sternly.

“Jung Daehyun, stop with this nonsense!” She raised her voice, it was the first time she had done that to him. “I’m sick and tired of you being like this, they’re gone! Face reality and get out of your stupid little world because they’re never coming back!”

And just like that, he snapped and just got on the ground, staring at the gravestones as he never had felt so..so lost? After a long suffocating silence of him just staring at the pair of gravestones, he had finally processed everything.

“Is it really…them?” Daehyun hesitantly asked, he was afraid to hear her answer because that would mean he had to get out of his little world that he loved so much, he had to get back to reality and reality hurts.

“Yes”

And just like that, he broke down and started to cry and cry, he couldn’t believe, he didn’t want to believe it, he didn’t want to face the fact that his parents were dead but he had to, he had to get out of his pitiful little world that was just a stupid fairytale.

“It’s not fair..” Daehyun uttered as he harshly wiped his tears. “Why did you two leave? Why of all times, why did you leave on my birthday? Didn’t you know that I save you guys some cake? And the cake was really delicious you know? Ever since you left, I’ve been treated like some mental patient and I hate that! What kind of parents are you? You two were suppose to be by my side but you two left” He couldn’t control himself, he felt so lost and betrayed.

“Daehyun” His aunt called after him but he had ignored her calls.

“You two left me, my friends left me, everyone left me, you know how hard it was to live like that? To live like the whole world was against you?” He ranted.

Young Daehyun had been ranting for a few hours until finally, he had stopped and just sat in front of them, “I..I miss you two” He said weakly, his tears had never stopped running.

And his aunt then came up to him, “They wanted you to have this” She said as she handed him a card which he took reluctantly.

It was a birthday card from his parents for his 10th birthday, he cried harder as he read his parents message aloud, “Mom, Dad, I’m sorry..” He cried as he still kept his gaze on the birthday card.

His aunt patted his back, “It’s getting late, we should go home soon”

Daehyun nodded sadly, staring at his parents gravestones. “I’ll promise to be a good son for the both of you, I’ll make you both proud” He said with a weak smile. “Bye mom, dad, I hope you guys are at a better place and er..” It was getting hard for him to speak, tears started to form.

“G-goodbye”

Daehyun kept his gaze on the floor, his tears didn’t stop running down his face as he recalled such event, the other two felt so sorry for him and didn’t really know how to comfort so they just stayed quiet. “After that day..I started living like a normal kid..but every day, it was hard, it still is now..” He said and wiped his tears. “A few months later, I traveled to Seoul thinking that it would be better if I start anew here and that’s when I met B.A.P” He smiled weakly.

Hana was about to say something but then Luhan’s phone rang, he picked it up and talked for awhile before turning to them, “I need to get back, they’re making dinner” He said and the two nodded and he stood up, he looked at the brunette flashing him a comforting smile, waving to Hana before finally walking out, “See ya tomorrow”

Once the blonde was out, Daehyun stood up, “I guess I should go too, who knows what delicious food Himchan hyung is making now” He grinned but was stopped, Hana held his wrist and he looked at her.

“Could you err..stay for awhile?” Hana asked, her gaze was somewhere else, the brunette had a soft smile on his face before sitting back down next to her.

“Sure” Daehyun smiled warmly at her who was still looking away. “But first, you gotta make some food, I feel hungry” He said and she let out a snort, he raised his brows in amusement. “And what’s so funny?” He asked.

Hana turned to him, “You’re always hungry Daehyun” She let out a small smile and it Daehyun didn’t know why but he flushed bright red, he swore his heart skipped a beat looking at her smile, he nodded and quickly rushed out of the room. “Was it me or did he just blush?”

 

After dinner, they both went to Hana’s room, Daehyun helped her clean her messed up room and once they were done, the brunette laid on her bed feeling tired. “Say Hana, why’d you tell me to stay?” He asked as he sat up, the bathroom door opened and Hana walked out with her cute teddy bear pajamas, he chuckled on how cute it looked on her.

Hana got on her bed and sat next to him, “I wanted to ask you something personal..” She said and he nodded. “Why..err..” She hesitated for a bit. “How are you still able to smile so brightly knowing the fact that your parents died? I mean, don’t you ever feel sad?”

Daehyun let out a chuckle which made her puzzled, “Of course I get sad Hana” He said. “But life’s too short to just be sad so you shouldn’t just focus on the sad things, you should also be aware of the happy things around you, you should smile more often”

“That’s hard” Hana said and he frowned. “But I’ll try” She mumbled quietly but it was audible to him so he smiled.

He looked at her who stare at him, “You shouldn’t hold such a grudge like that towards your mom, forgive her because there’s no benefit on hating her anyway..You should instead pray for her, love her, smile for her because I know for certain that she would want you to be like that instead of..this”

Hana nodded and after a few moments of chatting, Daehyun decided to leave since he needed to go back to the dorm before Himchan starts exaggerating and probably call the police because he isn’t back yet.

“Bye, see you tomorrow” Daehyun said and she nodded. “Oh and I know tomorrow will be hard for you but please, could you promise me not to do anything stupid?” He asked and she just looked away.

“I would but I can’t…” Hana replied. “I don’t think I’ll be able to keep such promise” She added and he nodded.  “And if something does happen, thanks” She said and he looked at her, puzzled. “Thanks for being with me but you don’t need to anymore..Could you tell Luhan that too?”

He finally realizes what she’s trying to say, “Ya, Kim Hana, don’t think such suicidal thoughts” He frowned. “You’ll be ok tomorrow, just..smile and don’t stay in your room all day, go out and have fun with us” He let out an assuring smile as he patted her shoulder.

They stood there for a few moments and he leaned in and she widened her eyes but then everything seem to just stop when he kissed her forehead.

BADUMP BADUMP

“Goodnight, Hana” He flashed a soft smile and she did not know what was happening but she felt a surge of electricity go through her body when he made contact with her. “Are you alright? You seem a bit red” He asked and she vigorously nodded her head.

“Y-Yea..goodnight..” She stammered before giving a small wave and then shut the door.  She shook a thought out of her head before letting out a sigh, plopping down to the ground, “What am I going to do tomorrow?”


Ayo!
So yea..this is kind of my fail attempt to make a sad chapter haha.. T.T So what do you guys think about the story so far? I don't know what to say anymore right now haha..But I feel so hungry but I can't eat since I'm fasting :/

Please don't be shy and leave comments, subscribe and enjoy~ Thank you