HappyDaehyunDay

I Love You But I Also Love You

DING DONG

The doorbell rang, the door opened after a few seconds which surprised the blue-haired who was standing in front of the door, his eyes wide as he stared at the girl who waved at him so he waved back happily. “Well, you’re awake early” He said, quite amused.

“Yeah…” Hana said as she stepped aside so that he could come in, she closed the door and sat down on the stairs, looking down. “Couldn’t go to sleep anymore because I just remembered something” She let out a groan.

“So what is it my little flower?” Ryouta asked as he walked into a room, she was still in deep thought. “What did you remember? Is it that important?” He asked again as he walked back into the room with a bag of chips in his hands, sitting on next to her who quickly looked up and averted her attention to the chips he was holding.

“Where did you get that?” Hana asked sternly, she met eyes with him as she sent a piercing glare at him who looked not a single bit affected as he smiled innocently to her. “You buy me another one” She said before looking away, he nodded lightly as he munched on the chips.

“Sure, just tell me what is troubling you” Ryouta said.

“But anyways, it’s Daehyun’s birthday today and err…I don’t really know what I should give him” Hana said and the blue-haired raised a brow as he stopped eating and stared at her. “But the thing that’s also bothering me is the fact that he seems so tense about today, I mean, I don’t understand? It’s his birthday so why does he seem so…worried or something? Don’t you think that’s a bit odd Ryouta?” She asked as she turned to him who still kept his blank stare at her. “Did I say something wrong?”

“Yea, I don’t understand” Ryouta said and then put the bag of chips aside before putting his hands on her shoulders. “Hana, are you okay? Are you sick or something?” He asked sounding deeply concerned and she nodded slowly. “Are you sure?” He asked and again, she nodded.

“Why do you ask?” Hana asked as she put his hands off her before taking the bag of chips, munching on it, waiting for a response from the dazed Ryouta. “Are you okay?” She asked and he snapped back to reality, nodding vigorously.

“Just a bit…surprised” Ryouta said before letting out a cough and then took the bag of chips from her, she glared hard but again he wasn’t affected. “Just give him cheesecake, you said he loved cheesecake right?” He suggested as he began shoving the chips in his mouth.

Hana nodded lightly. “That is true but no” She said before looking at him. “It’s obvious that his birthday cake will be cheesecake so if I were to make cheesecake, then..no” She added. “Besides, I was kind of thinking of giving him something that he can keep for a long time”

“Can I ask you again, are you extremely sure that you’re okay?” Ryouta asked sternly and Hana nodded vigorously. “Really really sure?” He asked and she nodded before she snatched the bag of chips with an annoyed face.

“Yes, I’m 100 percent fine!” Hana said. “Why do you keep asking me if I’m alright? I’m not sick ok!” She asked as she looked inside seeing that the chips were all gone now.

“Cause you seem sick” Ryouta replied. “And this just really scares me, you’re changing drastically” He said in an amused tone making her raise a brow.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Hana asked, a bit frustrated because she doesn’t understand a thing right now.

“First of all, you’re going to give someone a birthday present” Ryouta started and she just stared blankly at him. “To Daehyun who you refer to as just a friend, may I ask why? Knowing you, you are the kind to just say happy birthday and then that’s it” He added. “I mean, that is what you did last year on my birthday and I’ve known you for years! This is unfair” He pouted cutely.

Hana didn’t say anything, she just stared at the ground as she processes everything in her mind. “I..don’t know?” She said. “Why am I like this?” She asked, tilting her head as she wonders why.

“You’re opening up to them, Hana” Ryouta started and she looked at him. “You are fond of them especially Daehyun and Luhan so you look at those two as friends. You want to show your appreciation towards them but don’t know how to so you choose to give a gift for Daehyun on his birthday” He said. “It’s ether that, or you like him” He added, she blushed.

“L-like him?” Hana stuttered and he nodded. “Hah, that’s definitely not possible” She uttered as she shook her head, Ryouta smiled seeing her like this. “I mean, he’s just a friend” She added.

“They say denying the fact that you like him is the first phase of falling in love right?” Ryouta smirked and she blushed as she pushed that fact out of her mind as she did a ‘X’ with her arms, he let out a laugh. “I’m just kidding Hana” He beamed.

“But pushing that aside, what are you doing here?” Hana asked.

“No reason, just got bored” Ryouta replied as he stood up. “But you know, if you stay here all day, you aren’t going to get any idea of what to give him, you should go out” He said and she nodded. “Well, I’ll be going now” He walked out of her house.

~*~

Luhan was bored and he decided to go buy some bubbletea with Sehun with him, the two just got out of the small café and saw Hana walk pass them as she had her head down, the blonde instantly looked at her and then grabbed Sehun’s wrist before running towards her.

“Ah! Hyung! What’re you doing?” Sehun asked as he was completely oblivious of everything but then realized the girl in front. “Oh Hana!” He called out to her who turned around to see the two of them, she nodded as a response.

“What’re you doing here?” Luhan asked as he took a sip of his bubbletea.

“I am searching for a gift” Hana replied and he raised a brow. “For Daehyun” She added and he frowned as he just remembered that it is his birthday today. “But I don’t really know what to give him haha..” She smiled sheepishly.

“Do you mind if we tag along?” Luhan asked and she nodded lightly before the three walked away together. “How but you just buy him food? You know how that idiot is when anyone says the word food” He suggested.

“That was my first thought but I wanted to get him something that he could keep in a long term” Hana said and the two nodded. “Are you guys going to the party tonight too?” She asked the two who look at each other and then at her.

“I think I’m coming but Luhan is sure not to come” Sehun replied and she tilted her head, gesturing him to continue. “Daehyun kind of banned him from coming” He said as he pointed to the blonde who looked annoyed.

“Nyeh, he’s just being such an immature kid” Luhan muttered as he crossed his arms. “I didn’t even want to come anyway…” He uttered as he looked away, Hana smiled at his childish act. “Sehunnie, you just stay with ok?” He asked turning to the younger who smiled.

“Of course hyung! I’ll stay with you forever!” Sehun beamed, the blonde smiled as he ruffed the younger’s hair.

“Hana!”

The three turned their head to see Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo coming their way. “Football noona!” Zelo beamed as he went to her and was about to hug her but she dodged it so Zelo just hugged the air instead. “Ah, what’s wrong noona? You don’t like my hugs?” He pouted cutely.

“I do but I’m just not in the mood for any hugs haha..” Hana flashed a small smile towards the younger who nodded sadly. “What’re you guys doing here?” She asked.

“Oh you know, came to do some shopping” Youngjae replied. “For the birthday boy…who’s busy doing in the dorm…” He added. “And being an ” He muttered silently but everyone heard and this caused Luhan to burst into laughter.

“Hahaha!” Luhan laughed. “Let me guess, you three are just running away from that busan boy right?” He asked and the three nodded vigorously making him laugh even more.

“Daehyun hyung is more annoying on his birthday” Zelo said innocently. “And right now, I hate him. I hate him so much” He had an annoyed face but still, he looked cute. “Just because it’s Daehyun hyung’s birthday, does not mean I’m sharing my precious cherry tomatoes with him..” He muttered angrily.

“Zelo, you know you really didn’t have to throw a spoon at him right?” Youngjae said.

“He almost touched my cherry tomatoes, I couldn’t let anything happen to my cherry tomatoes!!” Zelo protested making Luhan laugh harder. “But that doesn’t matter because my cherry tomatoes are safe” He smiled innocently.

“Oh, I’m sorry that idiot banned you, he didn’t mean it, you know we welcome you” Youngjae smiled at the blonde who shrugged.

“I never really wanted to come anyway..” Luhan said. “I mean, going there to celebrate something about him? No thank you” He shook his head as he did a ‘X’ with his arms. “And Sehun isn’t coming either cause he’s going to spend time with me” He smiled as he slung and arm on the younger who nodded vigorously.

“We are serving bubbleta” Jongup smiled brightly and Sehun widen his eyes and gulped before looking at the blonde who pouted, shaking his head.

“Hyung…they’re serving b-bubbletea…” Sehun pouted cutely and the blonde frowned. “C-can I go? I promise I’ll come back early but please..can I? I want free bubbletea” He asked innocently and Luhan blushed as he did not know what to do.

“I..fine” Luhan sighed and the younger smiled brightly as he hugged the blonde happily saying a small thanks. “But bring me some too” He added and the younger nodded vigorously.

“Why don’t you just come, if Daehyun starts making another tantrum, don’t worry about it, our leader Yongguk will be happy to punish him” Youngjae smiled and Luhan began to think for awhile and then nodded.

“Fine, I’ll come” Luhan smiled. “But may I ask, can I watch his punishment?” He grinned and Youngjae shrugged as he nodded lightly.

“Oh, why are you guys here? Buying Daehyun’s birthday gift?” Youngjae asked and Hana nodded, Luhan and Sehun looked at each other and talked a bit before nodding. “I bet you’re going to give something stupid to him” He said as he looked at Luhan who had a hurt expression.

He gasped at the sudden accusation. “I would never do such a thing” He said as he put his hand on his chest but then let out a snicker. “Well…maybe” He then started to laugh. “I have the perfect gift for him” He grinned.

“Well, have fun shopping, we’ll be going now” Youngjae smiled and as they waved their farewells before going their separate ways.

~*~

It was time for the party and Hana walked out of her house to see Sehun and Luhan there waiting for her, Sehun waved happily at her who waved back.“What’re you guys doing?” She asked as she locked her door before turning to look at them.

“We were waiting for you, I overheard Youngjae said that he was assigned to bring you to their dorm but I volunteered and Sehun wanted to come along so here we are” Luhan replied and she smiled before walking towards them.

“Okay, let us go!” Sehun beamed as he linked arms with Hana and walked away together, Luhan then gave a look at the younger who acted completely innocent. Luhan rolled his eyes and put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him making their linked arms separate, Sehun pouted.

Hana gulped as she felt so close to him, a strange feeling she felt, she couldn’t understand it. She looked up and met eyes with his dark brown eyes and then she looked down to his lips that curve into a smile, a blush crept to her face and she looked away almost instantly.

“We’re here!” Sehun exclaimed happily. “Free bubbletea here I come!!” And without another moment, he instantly left them and ran quickly inside, bumping to Himchan along the way. Man, that kid must really love bubbletea huh?

“Hana! Luhan!” Himchan exclaimed happily as he greeted the two who bowed and smiled at him. “You can put his presents on the table over there and then come and eat or whatever” He smiled and the two nodded before going to the table full of presents.

“Haha..did you think that I should have wrapped my present?” Hana asked and Luhan shook his head and smiled as he placed his present happily on the table.

After putting the presents on the table, the two decided to go to the living room and wow, it was decorated colorfully and wow…Hana stared the scenery at awe. “And what is he doing here?” The two snapped back to reality and looked to see the birthday boy who frowned.

“Hey busan boy, happy birthday” Luhan smiled brightly making Daehyun cringed as he was about to say something but Luhan cut him off. “Remember busan boy, you can’t protest about me being here or else you’ll get punished by your leader” He smirked and the brunette furrowed his eyebrows.

“Aish, fine but just stay out of my sight” Daehyun sighed sending a glare at the blonde.

“No problem” Luhan said. “Besides, I wasn’t even planning to come here to see your face, that’s just gross” He faked a gag and this is when Daehyun would curse him or something but the brunette merely walked away.

“I think you pissed him off” Hana said and the blonde merely shrugged as he walked away. She turned her head and noticed Daehyun was with Zelo and Youngjae, he laughed and smiled brightly and she noticed it so clearly on what he’s doing.

She noticed his smile.

His fake smile.

Something is definitely wrong with him….

~*~

“PRESENT TIME!” Daehyun exclaimed as he ran over to the table and looked at the many presents he received, he picked the very nearest one and then he heard a snicker, he turned his head to see Luhan who then had his poker face.

“What?” Luhan looked at him innocently.

The brunette looked at it suspiciously before slowly opening it and it was a mug. “Why the hell would you give me a mug?! Who even gives mugs as presents?!” He yelled at the blonde who told him to look at the mug and it said, ‘I’m an idiot’.

“Hahahaha!!” Luhan laughed. “That suits you well” He snickered and then took out another thing from the box and handed it to him. “Don’t worry, it’s just a shirt, wear it” He smiled sweetly as he tried hard not to laugh.

Daehyun took the shirt and examined it, it was a picture of a llama and it said, ‘A llama once told me you were pretty lame’ and this made Daehyun face palm himself. “Next time, I’m really going to ban you and if you come, I swear I’ll kill you” He muttered angrily.

Luhan did not give a damn, he just kept laughing and well, Daehyun continued opening his presents and it was really great, everyone had bought him decent and awesome presents! Well, except Luhan…And then there was one last present and it was the one that stood out the most because it wasn’t wrapped, it was a cute green teddy bear with a note on it.

Happy birthday Daehyun ^^
- Hana

Daehyun smiled as he turned to Hana. “Thanks, I love it already” He said as he hugged it tightly, she felt relief he liked it and the party still kept on going and some people left early cause of this and that..And the party was such a blast!

A few hours later, Hana noticed something, the birthday boy was nowhere to be seen…Where is Daehyun? Shouldn’t he be here? She stood up and walked towards Himchan. “Oh, where’s Daehyun?” She asked.

“He’s at the balcony outside” Himchan replied. Strange..why would he be there? “Could you do a fovr and cheer him up for me?” He asked and she nodded before going towards the balcony , opening the door slightly to see Daehyun looking up at the sky, she was about to go in but stopped.

“I hope the two of you are doing fine..” Daehyun started. “It would surely be great if you guys could be here” He said. “I met this girl, she’s really cute and interesting..But she’s a bit hard to understand sometimes..she’s similar to me and I’ll make her my girlfriend one day” He let out a chuckle, she blushed since he knew she was referring to him. I’m similar to him? Who is he talking about?

Hana walked in and closed the door behind her and he turned to see her, he smiled, that same fake smile. “What’re you doing here? Shouldn’t you be inside?” She asked as she went to his side, he simply shook his head.

“It’s too crowded there, I needed some fresh air..” Daehyun replied. “Thanks for the birthday present” He said and she nodded lightly. “So..what brings you here?” He asked.

“I came to see you” Hana replied bluntly and he flushed red. “I couldn’t find you so I asked Himchan and he told me to cheer you up” She said and he bit his lips before looking away from her. “Who were you talking to Daehyun?” She asked and he tensed up.

“No one..” Daehyun said in a low voice as he looked down but Hana was stubborn, she asked again and he knew that she would not stop until he told her. “My parents…” He said painfully, he looked like on the verge of crying. “They’re in Busan and I miss them, I wish I could spend today with them..” He let out a sigh as a tear strolled down his cheek.

Lies

He was lying but Hana knew that she couldn’t continue further so she brushed it off for now and looked away from him. “I understand..I sometimes feel that way too, I wish my mom would still be here with me” Hana said and the brunette thought of an idea.

“What happened to her?” Daehyun asked.

“She…left” Hana said as she looked down, it wasn’t really the answer Daehyun was expecting but he didn’t say anything. “And after she left, Hajoon became an and when he left, I became like this” She added as she leaned on the railings. “Hajoon is also leaving” She smiled weakly.

Daehyun frowned. “Don’t worry, I’ll still stay by your side” He smiled softly at her.

“Stay by my side?...That’s hard to believe cause everyone leaves me in the end..” Hana said as she played with her fingers. “I won’t really be surprised if you leave too, it’s normal for me, after all those back-stabbers who call themselves friends…” She uttered.

“No, I’m serious Hana, I’m staying by your side, forever” Daehyun said sternly and she just remained quite. “And the reason why I started becoming your friend was because I…” He stopped and she looked at him. “….I like you” He finished his sentenced and she blushed.

“Huh?”

“But that doesn’t mean anything now haha!” Daehyun quickly added. “Cause I’m glad I’m your friend, you’re interesting and cute” He grinned and then she looked away. “Believe me Hana, I won’t leave you” He said, determined and she just stared at the distance, a smile forming on her lips without her knowing.

After awhile of silence, the brunette took a glance at her who shivered slightly, he then put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him, she widened her eyes. “W-what’re you doing?” Hana stuttered as a blush crept on her face.

“You’re cold” Daehyun said as he leaned his head on her. “Thank you Hana” He said and she was a bit confused. “Thanks for making me happy today, I really needed it” He looked at her and flashed a smile, she smiled too because in this whole night, he finally smiled sincerely.

“You’re welcome Daehyun”


Ayo! :D
Happy birthday to Daehyun! ^^