Forgotten

You're My Melody

You arrived at Carmen's apartment and pressed the button for the video doorbell. "Carmen! Open up!"

You saw Carmen's face on the screen and the door clicked open a second after. You didn't see your luggage anywhere and assume Carmen took it inside. "Thanks for taking my luggage in."

"What are best friends for?" Carmen giggled and bear hugged you. "I missed you. Ever since your mother passed away, I thought you were never going to step foot on Korean soil again."

You sadly forced a smile for your best friend, "I wanted to see you again and I needed some reassurance that my memories would come back."

Carmen hugged you tighter, "I know it's been awhile but trust me and be patient ~~~~~-ah, it'll all be worth the wait."

You nodded and sighed, "If only the world was that simple."

*Trust me ~~~~~~, after everything falls into place, the world would seem so simple to you that you wouldn't feel all that pain that you felt* Carmen broke the hug. "Did you eat?"

You nodded, "Not much though, I wanted to taste your wonderful cooking."

"Of course! My cooking's great!" Carmen led you to the kitchen. "Sit and I'll cook up something light for you."

You sat down and looked at her cooking skills. She wasn't a chef but she looked like she had some skills in those hands of hers. "Carmen, you know what happened today?"

"Tell me everything, top to bottom and leave nothing out," Carmen stuck her tongue out in concentration. A habit of hers when she was young.

"I broke my promise to mum. I touched a piano and even helped someone because of it. Who was it again?" you pondered for a minute and rested your head in your arms. "Infinite, a Korean boy band."

"They're all good looking aren't they?" Carmen snickered. "Lucky, I would do anything to see them…"

"Can't you see them?"

"No, they're idols and I'm just a fan of them. I'm too busy to go to their concerts or fan signings."

"Well, I played as their replacement pianist."

Carmen looked up from her cooking and looked at you, "I thought your mum made you promise not to touch a piano let alone touch it for a celebrity."

"They needed help, they seemed desperate as well. I helped them just this once and I'm going to keep that promise with mum from now on. Just a one off thing Carmen."

"One offs can turn into a routine you know ~~~~~~~. Just be careful okay?" Carmen went back to cooking and tossed some vegetables in the pot and stirred it. Her back was to you now. *Sorry ~~~~~~, if you knew that I was the person behind all that mess  you would kill me. I know all the members of Infinite. Two of them used to be our childhood friends but you forgot their faces and memories. You forgot your first love.*

-------------------

:(