Sometimes, Things Don't Go As Planned

You're My Melody

You had spent a lot of time with Shinee and spent less time with Infinite. It wasn't all your fault since they had to prepare for their repackaged album and you were busy designing outfits.

You didn't know when, or how, but you had gotten closer and closer to Key. You were always with him and the Shinee members knew that you two were close. They liked how the two of you cracked jokes and how fast you had opened up to them and Key especially. Your relationship with Key was so close that you were practically with him all the time when you were at SME and he never left your side as well. It was the only part of the day or week that he could see you and he wanted to make the most of it.

You were at Seoul University when you had received a text message from Carmen.

Infinite oppas miss you heaps! They want to have dinner with you after class today. Think you can make it? - Carmen <3

Your smile disappeared. *I have to go SME straight after my classes though. They should have told me earlier.* You were slightly annoyed since you also missed Infinite. You texted back.

I can't, I have to go SME after. Sorry, tell them to organise it some other time. - ~~~~ <3

You sighed and put your phone in your bag, not wanting to be distracted and get into trouble.

 

After classes, you packed everything into your bag and took out your phone. There was a text message from Carmen.

They won't have much time. They woke up and pushed all their schedules forward to eat with you. Can't you just tell Key or someone from Shinee that it's urgent and you can't make it? They really want to see you. - Carmen <3

You bit your lip, slightly from guilt. You decided to call her instead. Carmen picked up after two rings.

"Come, you're not skipping this. You have to come."

"I can't, I have to be at SME soon. All the designers for Shinee's outfits are going to be there and I have to give them a briefing in what I want them to do. I'm the head designer here! I can't just not turn up."

"But they worked so hard today so they could invite us and eat."

"I can't really. Carmen just tell them that I was too busy. I got to go now, I'll see you at home."

You hanged up and put your phone in your bag. You sighed, *I really want to go but work comes first. I can't have all those designers have a bad impression of me when I'm the head designer!* You hopped into your car and drove to the SME building.

 

"What do you mean she can't come?!" Sungyeol threw a fit and Woohyun and Carmen.

"She's having this huge meeting with all these designers and stuff and she told me she needs to go. It's not her fault, you should have told her and not make a surprise," Carmen folded her arms in front of her.

"Hey, don't let out your steam at my baby," Woohyun pulled Carmen towards him. "She tried her best and it's not her fault that ~~~~'s not coming. Sometimes things don't go according to plan and today is one of those days. We can just go eat by ourselves," Woohyun defended Carmen.

Sungyeol let out a frustrated sigh, "I worked so hard to just see her today though."

Carmen softened and pulled Sungyeol into a hug. "I'm sorry Yeol-ah. I'll try harder next time."

"It's not your fault," Sungyeol sighed. He broke the hug and ran to L. L always comforted Sungyeol when he was either angry, frustrated or sad. Today, he was all three.

"Yeol, you can't just come running to me in public. It's kind of awkward," L patted Sungyeol's head. "There's always next time."

----------------------